i think i put diesel in my tank lol

fleebag

so yesterday while fixing my trucks pump, i needed to drain my tank in the truck so a friend came by to suck it out. when i had some extral diesel i told him to put it in the small gas can. which he yelled at me since i was under truck, it smelled like gas.. so rather then sniff myself i put it in the buick ...

it was at most one gallon if that even. well last night as i was thinking about it more i recalled it had to be diesel because i used that can for my truck when i ran out.

so..... do i do the safest thing and drain tank? or add a couple gallons of 100 octain and ride it out?

Drain the tank.

It being 1 gallon, i think it would be OK to run as long as you top off the whole tank with gas (whatever you run) to dilut eht diesel as much as possible in the tank.

My wife once put about 5 gallons of diesel in her '87 suburban tank accidentally, then topped off with gasoline in an attemp to get it home. It ran like crap, but she got home. I drained the tank then, & I would surely do it on my GN also. I had plenty of fuel for the lawnmower for awhile.