I made a 1/4 mile pass in my LaCrosse Super

troGNman

Got Portholes?
One run only.

I work at Englishtown Raceway Park as a track official and it always seems that it's all work and no play. I asked the guy in the staging lanes if he could squeeze me in for a Time Only pass when things got a little light.

The car was cold from sitting all day and the temp was a cool 58 degrees.

I turned off the traction control and brake-boosted to about 2k. The tree came down and I walked it out about 40' and mashed it.

R/T... 0.245
60' ... 2.328
330... 6.141
1/8... 9.320
MPH...77.44
1/4...14.355
MPH...97.36

It's not a rocketship by any means and I'm pretty happy with that considering the car is stone stock with the exception of the resonator delete. The car weighs 3940# with me in it.

The short time sucked and I'm quite certain with a little more launch practice I could get another 10th or so from her.

The track announcer was like.....Wha..?!?!

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 309
Traction is definately a limiting factor in these "wrong wheel drive" cars but they are lots of fun and make a cool cruiser.

The car feels stout once it hooks up with a slight hint of torque-steer....and it sounds good too!

There are other LS4 cars in the low 13's with simple bolt-ons and there is even a turbo kit available. The weak link is of course the transaxle which was never designed to be mated to this engine (where have you heard that before?).

One more quick note. Nobody knows what the hell it is!!:confused::cool:

Herb's driven this car before and likes it ALOT!!:biggrin:

Tommy, I'm sure we'll meet up around RT33 soon.