Best recipe for a 12sec 1/4

GNbythebay

I have a 1986 grand national with the following "mods". Aftermarket CAI 42lbs injectors with turbotweak chip hot wire kit with 340 Walbro pump alkycontrol cat back exhaust and rjc throttle body plate. I think that is all. I am looking for a fun driver but I wanna have a 12sec 1/4 time. I planned on buying a downpipe next but I am unsure so my question is what is the recipe to have a 12sec grand national with the mods I already have what else would I need to get me in the 12sec 1/4. I ran my car once at the track when it was close to stock and ran a 14.1.

You should be in the 12s already with that stuff w/higher boost and traction, the down pipe will help if you want to go further then 12s, next after that would be a ta49/44 to run low 12s high 11s without stressing it...and don't forget the tune.

As long as you have a good chip that is burnt for alky turn up the boost a little at a time monitoring knock till you get in the 20 to 23 range....If you can 60ft at the track you will go 12's

Do you have a scanmaster? I have a similar set up as you. except for ta-49 turbo. stock downpipe, stock air cleaner, stock maf, stock exhaust, dutt neck, 235 street et mickey thompsons, 12.4

Oh shit it's grumpy!! Where have you been??

needed a vacation from Buicks. Goin back to late 60s cars . Off course still have the Mazda/Buick and playing with Melissa/Russ's . I have to get rid of a lot of parts. Don't think Ill have another Regal. Unless I get in a mood an the right car/color comes along :D

You should be in the 12s already with that stuff w/higher boost and traction, the down pipe will help if you want to go further then 12s, next after that would be a ta49/44 to run low 12s high 11s without stressing it...and don't forget the tune.
Which is actually more desirable, TA49 or 44? I have the TA49.

I have a 1986 grand national with the following "mods". Aftermarket CAI 42lbs injectors with turbotweak chip hot wire kit with 340 Walbro pump alkycontrol cat back exhaust and rjc throttle body plate. I think that is all. I am looking for a fun driver but I wanna have a 12sec 1/4 time. I planned on buying a downpipe next but I am unsure so my question is what is the recipe to have a 12sec grand national with the mods I already have what else would I need to get me in the 12sec 1/4. I ran my car once at the track when it was close to stock and ran a 14.1.
Tune,tires,and seat time.for 12 sec passes I like a shift kit for the trans.

In my first and only trip to the track this year, got my times down from 14.1 to 12.2. The keys were traction (heating my DRs enough) and the 60-footer (launch). Took me 3 passes to go from 14.1 to 12.2 and then 3 straight 12.2s. I'll be in the 11s as soon as I turn up the boost further.
So, my recommendation to the OP is traction, launch, seat time and a properly safe boost level. Know what your car is doing at all times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk