I loved the 3 inch down pipe but........

ncmalko1

#1 Eagles fan
Kirbans 86/87 Turbo Regal book states that new headers are a better performance upgrade then the 3' down pipe. Is this true? Can anyone explain the upgrade stats?

Kirbans 86/87 Turbo Regal book states that new headers are a better performance upgrade then the 3' down pipe. Is this true? Can anyone explain the upgrade stats?

In most instances id have to say no. Whats after the dp will matter more than anything though.

As much as I like Dennis, taking his advice for performance related issues would be like taking brain surgery advice from me over an actual brain surgeon.

As much as I like Dennis, taking his advice for performance related issues would be like taking brain surgery advice from me over an actual brain surgeon.
LOL!

Damn and I did have a minor itch infront of my madula oblongata that was causing brief spacial un awareness in relationship to Meanchickens motor perpetually quarreling:confused:

Damn and I did have a minor itch infront of my madula oblongata that was causing brief spacial un awareness in relationship to Meanchickens motor perpetually quarreling:confused:

come right out to my garage ... I think I can help ya!!!:biggrin: hey if we have a small problem we can call Jay :p

come right out to my garage ... I think I can help ya!!!:biggrin: hey if we have a small problem we can call Jay :p

Breaker bar an cut off wheel fix me right up eh..lol well at least im not getting 12.4 knock in 1st gear like poor Tim, so i guess i can be thankfull

True! Dennis says on a few of his videos that beyond changing his oil, and spark plugs he's pretty much clueless with performance. :eek:

If you have a question about with how rare a Limited with a bench seat, opera lights, and with chrome mirrors are, he'd be able to tell you how many in a matter of .003 seconds!

Well Are Headers A Nice Upgrade, Or Will Stock Do?

Oh sorry, Jay took your thread over with his funny..

Id love to have a set on mine but im not going with the cheap ones which i CAN afford VS the ones i want which i can NOT afford.

So if ya got 300 bucks, buy the cheep ones, double it + for the ones you wont have to drill, grind, chop and reclock.

Well Are Headers A Nice Upgrade, Or Will Stock Do?

Stock headers will work until they throw you out of the track for not having a cage. Not a rollbar, a cage.

Listen to Jay C.

Kirban sells parts, he doesn't make cars go faster.

You need to know there is a difference.

I was told stock headers are good till the high 10s

Ask Grumpy... His daughters GN goes 9's on pump gas and alky.... pushing through the stock headers.

Don't waste your money on headers..... buy an alky kit instead... and a turbotweak chip.

My GN I recently sold to a fellow board member has the stock headers (see sig)...

I went 10.35 on stock headers, crossover, and a 3"THDP. Your money could be spent on better go fast parts.