I have a story you will never believe

This is straight up the best, the most amazing, and heart wrenching thread on this board. Peace Mike....

This is an amazing story. I hope life has since been treating you well Mike, you are one of a kind!

It took me a few weeks to read through this thread, what a roller coaster of up and downs, wow Mike, you have battled every emotion the good Lord could have thrown your way. You sir reaffirm what my mother told me years ago, and she has been gone now for almost 13 years, that the good Lord will never give you more than you can handle. You are an example of how a man is supposed to live and love his his life. I wish you the best and may you find happiness in all that you do.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have only read 10 pages so far but can't wait to get back to it
after breakfast. Great story! God bless you Mike and all the guys
here on TB site!

I want to tell everybody that Mike did a great job driving the car and did exactly what i told him to do. His last pass was a 8.7 and lifted at half track with a 1.14 or 1.16 60 ft. He never has raced a drag car in his life and did a great job. I was just hoping for those 8 seconds he wouldnt be thinking about his wife :) I hope he makes it to BG with us but right now he is sick as a dog. He has become a dear friend and i try my hardest to help him keep his mind off all the negative things thats happend to him.:confused:
Friggin awesome Geno, you're a good man!

Hi guys. I just need you all to know that I am doing fine. My life is the strangest journey. But let me tell you this. I am thankful for it. I am thankful for the people it has brought to me thru the trials I face and the gifts I have received.
Geno has been an amazing friend to me. He held me up when I was down. He celebrated my triumph s and my defeats. He always told me how he felt about what I was doing and where I was going. Today I can tell you that because of him I have made good choices. And even the bad ones I made he was there to talk me thru them. Love that guy dearly. And as for all of you I have to say thank you for being here and also helping me navigate the twisty road I still travel. You all are awesome.......

Hi guys. I just need you all to know that I am doing fine. My life is the strangest journey. But let me tell you this. I am thankful for it. I am thankful for the people it has brought to me thru the trials I face and the gifts I have received.
Geno has been an amazing friend to me. He held me up when I was down. He celebrated my triumph s and my defeats. He always told me how he felt about what I was doing and where I was going. Today I can tell you that because of him I have made good choices. And even the bad ones I made he was there to talk me thru them. Love that guy dearly. And as for all of you I have to say thank you for being here and also helping me navigate the twisty road I still travel. You all are awesome.......
Glad to hear you are still keeping in touch man. I spent several hours reading this thread front to back the other night and was curious how you've been.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hey Mike! Hope all is well. I needed a tow a few weeks ago and low and behold I lost your number and googled American Towing hoping to talk to you. You went and sold it on me. Hope your new venture is working out well. The guy that took over is cool in my book by the way. Call me. Some how I lost your number exchanging phones. If you lost it ask Gene for it. My last couple years have been "fun" to say the least. Need a twin turbo set up?

I know this is an old thread, however, I just felt compelled to comment anyways.

Mike, I hope everything is well with you these days, I am at a loss as to what to say other than I am so sorry!

I got on the board (for just a few minutes) looking for an old post and I came across this. So 2.5 hours later, all I can say is WOW! What a heart wrenching story! Anyways hope all is well with you and would love to know how Mr. Simmerz is?

GOD Bless You Man!

Mike needs to tell the newest chapter of his story.....I asked him to update his thread..

Well I guess it's time for the newest chapter in this stupid thing I call my life. First I want to say hello to all of you. Sorry I haven't been around. So here goes. When my wife found out she was sick we talked alot. She so wanted to make sure I knew that there was a woman out there who deserved a guy like me. She even went so far as to write a list of 20 traits this woman would have and I should know it was her when all but one had been checked off. They were things like selfless, giving, loving, thankful, one who had known hardships and overcame them, one who loved unconditionally. And on and on. She said when you see all of these in one woman I sent her for you. WELL don't ya know it. Shelley came into my live via a grief group she started after the death of her husband also in 2011. I would talk with her online and we would talk about our crappy days and make each other laugh. We talked for 1 1/2 years before we ever saw each other face to face. She lived 800 miles from me. About 6mo into our conversations I had checked off 19 of 20 on Lisa's list. I'm making a very long story short here. So in Oct of 2013 I had one last thing to do for Lisa. I was going to take a piece of jewelry she made to each lighthouse on the coast and throw it in there so she could always be there. She loved them so much. I took the GN on its first real drive. But it was line Lisa would never let me turn towards the coast. I could only drive down I-5 and somehow at midnight I ended up 150mi from Shelley. I called her and said I would see her at lunch. She was sooooooooo excited and mee too. The next day I drove into Sacramento and got a hotel. She showed up at noon and man it was known instantly this would be forever for us both. So the coast waited for the trip home and I honored my wife in my special little way. Yeah stupid story I know. Just hold on it gets worse.

So Shelley and I took turns going back and forth to see each other for the next year and a half. She had a son who would graduate June of 2015 and was going into the service then she would move here with me. So 2015 rolls around and we are so excited. The plan is July 18 I leave to go get her and her stuff. Her house sold in 3 days. She made some good money on it and we were gonna just live the lives we both worked so hard for. Enjoying each other and just living. We figured that's what our lost loves wanted for us........ OH HELL NO THAT WOULD BE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. -------------- And here we go.

June 1st I am admitted to the ER with an unknown viral pneumonia. They want to keep me over night but the last time I had a friend there with the same symptoms he died the day after my birthday. So ohhhhh no. They put two bags of IV antibiotics thru me and they were worried about my lung so performed X-Rays and a CT scan. The doc comes in and says that i have a golf ball sized mass on my lung and some in two lymph nodes next to it. He called it small cell lung cancer. He said we need to keep you so you can see oncology in the morning. I said NOPE. No chemo, no radiation. Im going natural as i have seen most of my family die from chemo. I released myself. I had them send the prescription to my pharmacy. That was a month or so ago and I'm doing pretty good. Shelley asked me that day if I wanted her to come? I said no. She called my son and asked him, he said yes. She was at my house when I got home 3 hrs later. She said there's no place she would rather be. We sent a moving company for her stuff as I am not well enough to drive 12hrs to do it. She is all moved in now and we are trying to get out every chance we get to enjoy life. We go to the races every weekend. We went to a concert, we have dinner with our friends and family often. I'm tired. I have good days and bad. But know this. I have never lost a fight. Aint gonna start now. Watch me, gods natural medicine, all who surround me and our Angels above kick cancers ASS......... Welcome to my next crazy ass chapter. Love you guys.

With what you've gone through, and are going through, God has to have a reason behind it. What I will suggest is to make plans to go to BG this year since it may be the last one, and I'm sure more than a few people would like to meet you in person. I hope this isn't the last post on how you're doing, because you are someone that's captured the hearts of all of us that've read your thread and tried to keep up with what's going on.

Wow man. I'm not one for sentimental words, especially online, and I'm not particularly religious myself. That being said, I hope you get through your next (crazy) step here and your health returns. You seem like a genuinely good person who perseveres through hardship. I'm sure you will make the decisions that are best for you and I'm not going to push you towards modern medicine if that's not the way you feel.

That being said I hope you find happiness every day and enjoy life to the fullest. It sounds like you are. I appreciate you continuing to share.