I have a story you will never believe

Wow. What a great story! I LOVE bringing GNs back to life!

Sounds like your guys have the mechanical pretty well covered. Sometimes, these cars can be a little quirky, especially when they've been sitting for a while. If you run into anything that you need help or advice with, feel free to stop by or call us at GN Northwest (gnnorthwest.com). We'll be happy to help out where we can!

Hope to see you at Turbo Thunder!

Thank You, I will keep you up to date as well on the progress. And again what a great community here... My wife is so shocked at all the offers of help and parts and just plain ol joy she see's in your posts.. I sound like a broken record I know, But I am in total disbelief that everyone is so friendly.

All of you make this project so much more special. I am going out to Mr. Simmermacher's old place today so we can get started on the cleaning up of the property. He was one of those guys who never threw anything away. So this old abandoned house is stuffed full of old news papers and crap. About 3ft deep all throughout this 3 story house. so I have my work cut out for me.

But this means the city won't abate it and take possesion of his property. I couldn't let that happen to anyone. I really hate government. But I also feel for the neighbors who have to live next to this wreck. The grass will be cut the yard will be cleaned up and we will get rid of the neighborhood fire hazard. But then again I am sad I wont be able to work on the car today... :( I have nothing but time.

This is totally cool. I deal with the earlier cars and don't have much to offer except congratulations. Welcome aboard and I want to see what hapens with the car.

This is totally cool. I deal with the earlier cars and don't have much to offer except congratulations. Welcome aboard and I want to see what hapens with the car.

Thanks, And just keep checking back. I will post it all right here.. :biggrin:

Subscribed....:) That steering column is done!, but don't fret.... they are not specific to the Turbo cars.... you can find another easy, they are not expensive, and you will never know it was replaced... there's one in the For Sale section now... don't know the price, but probably reasonable.... and if that one doesn't fit the bill, give Brian at G-BodyParts.com a call.... I'm sure he has a room full of 'em and will hook you right up...

here's the one in the FS section: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/321066-87-parts-sale.html

and Brian's company: GBodyParts.com Online Phone is the best way to contact them for something like this....:wink:

Pretty obvious all the members here are excited to help you get the 'Gift' back in top form. This is a great community. Don't hesitate to lean on us for any info or help. That's why we're here! Welcome to the Darkside!! :cool:

Subscribed....:) That steering column is done!, but don't fret.... they are not specific to the Turbo cars.... you can find another easy, they are not expensive, and you will never know it was replaced... there's one in the For Sale section now... don't know the price, but probably reasonable.... and if that one doesn't fit the bill, give Brian at G-BodyParts.com a call.... I'm sure he has a room full of 'em and will hook you right up...

here's the one in the FS section: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/321066-87-parts-sale.html

and Brian's company: GBodyParts.com Online Phone is the best way to contact them for something like this....:wink:

Pretty obvious all the members here are excited to help you get the 'Gift' back in top form. This is a great community. Don't hesitate to lean on us for any info or help. That's why we're here! Welcome to the Darkside!! :cool:

Thank You so much for the info and support. Much appreciated.

Just got back from a little visit to GN Northwest here in Everett.. Antoher strange twist. I run into someone I know there. Small world. Dan seems like a great guy and full of info. Thanks Dan...

Off we go.... Oh and I have always been on the Darkside. Loved these car's from the day I first saw one. Now Im just lucky enough to own one. How does stuff like this happen.. I am greatful. :)

Replace the fuel pump when you pull the tank, and install a fuel pump hotwire kit... which is upgraded wiring for the pump. The pump (and associated wiring harness) were BARELY adequate when brand new, and certainly toast now.... any of the vendors here can hook you up with new Walbro pump/hotwire kit.... ~$100 for the pump, ~$60 for the hotwire kit... here's the package from gbody (for example): GBodyParts.com Online

This is an absolute MUST/1st step to get 'er back running.... it's a must for all of us....:wink:

Replace the fuel pump when you pull the tank, and install a fuel pump hotwire kit... which is upgraded wiring for the pump. The pump (and associated wiring harness) were BARELY adequate when brand new, and certainly toast now.... any of the vendors here can hook you up with new Walbro pump/hotwire kit.... ~$100 for the pump, ~$60 for the hotwire kit... here's the package from gbody (for example): GBodyParts.com Online

This is an absolute MUST/1st step to get 'er back running.... it's a must for all of us....:wink:

:wink: Thank You and GOTHCA, Will do.... :tongue:

Lots of good vendors here & many guys have lots of parts stashed & for sale.
Sounds like your good Karma paid you back large! Enjoy & Good Luck!

Mickey! It was great to see you again up at GN Northwest. Dan IS the best. (Though, I am better) ;) Give me a call if you need help with your new friends property. After all it is only about three blocks from my house. Funny that I have driven past that car many times. I knew exactly what car you scored the moment you told me about it. I have even met Mr. Simmerman about 19 years ago. Very small world, indeed. I have injectors and chip that'll help get you up and,running, too. (Along with a bunch of other odds and ends, Im sure.)

For those that have not had the privilege of meeting GNgift, you couldn't meet a nicer guy. Good to hear something good happens to a nice guy. I've known Mike for many years, but our paths just haven't crossed in years. I was up at GNnorthwest today trying to help Gene brainstorm a few issues with the race car, and Dan says, "Hey, did you see that someone was trying to offer someone your services?" I said that I hadn't read this post. Low and behold, half hour later, in walks Mickey, who is the very guy that we were just talking about. :)
Welcome to the forum, Mike!:smile:

Ahh ha

Mickey! It was great to see you again up at GN Northwest. Dan IS the best. (Though, I am better) ;) Give me a call if you need help with your new friends property. After all it is only about three blocks from my house. Funny that I have driven past that car many times. I knew exactly what car you scored the moment you told me about it. I have even met Mr. Simmerman about 19 years ago. Very small world, indeed. I have injectors and chip that'll help get you up and,running, too. (Along with a bunch of other odds and ends, Im sure.)

For those that have not had the privilege of meeting GNgift, you couldn't meet a nicer guy. Good to hear something good happens to a nice guy. I've known Mike for many years, but our paths just haven't crossed in years. I was up at GNnorthwest today trying to help Gene brainstorm a few issues with the race car, and Dan says, "Hey, did you see that someone was trying to offer someone your services?" I said that I hadn't read this post. Low and behold, half hour later, in walks Mickey, who is the very guy that we were just talking about. :)
Welcome to the forum, Mike!:smile:

Thanks for the kind words Kenny.. hehehe I guess this will be our inside joke huh? Oh and it's Mikey.. to you pal. Amazing how life just kind of sends you in the right direction sometimes. And those that know me know my life has sent me in circles most of it.

This forum was the best thing I ever did when I recieved this car. You guy's are a family and I have felt like nothing but a new member of it. I am very greatful for all of you. I know I haven't had much to offer thru this whole thing but I have to let you guys know I own American Towing in Everett Wa and if there is anything I can do for any of you I would be proud to welcome you to our little family too. We are here for you.

UPDATE on the meth head who titled the car in her name. I talked to her today and told her the prosecuter might go a little easier on her if she came down and signed a release of interest on this car due to the fact that it was stolen and not hers to begin with. And that Mr. Simmermacher would look kindly on her trying to make this whole process a little easier for us.

She said she didn't want the bad karma associated with stealing a car from an old man so she would be down before we closed at 5pm. Holy crap she showed up and the paperwork is done and the car will be titled in my name on monday.... wooohooo gonna be a good weekend.

Oh and Ken, I will be there most of the morning on Saturday so if ya wanna stop by and say hello I would love to see ya again..

Funny how now that the cops & charges are involved she decides she doesnt want Bad karma? Sure!!!
What about before the cops came into it?? ;)

Funny how now that the cops & charges are involved she decides she doesnt want Bad karma? Sure!!!
What about before the cops came into it?? ;)

Those were my thoughts exactly. I mean really, the called two days after this all went down claiming this time they bought it from a family member of Mr. Simmermacher. The first story was she bought it off of craigslist.

Well less than an hour after this whole ordeal I searched all of craigslist and there wasn't an ad for a 87 buick 1987 grand national, 87 regal. I tried every combo. I showed the cops. they knew they were lying..

Rejects

Props to you and your new friend both! :biggrin: What a story! This is so cool!!! The Buick world is one of a kind with TONS of great people! Welcome and congrats!

Thanks to both of you guy's. I have had a very busy weekend. I really feel bad about not being able to work on the car. But for one. the shop isn't open on the weekends. And two, we went over to Mr. Simmermachers house at 8am yesterday to get started on the clean up for him.

OMG I had no clue this place was so bad. This place was more than 2ft deep with garbage, newspapers. about 200 empty wine boxes, empty beer cases, beer cans, cig butts 1000's of them. It was like there was no living thing in this house minus one HUGE frikkin RAT. This thing was the size of a cat. well ok maybe half the size of a cat.. BIG BOY.

Anyway, My wife and I and our resperators spent more than 4hrs just getting the main floor all free of garbage, Our buddy pete was outside working on the yard which had 3ft of grass and needed the bushes pruned and trees trimmed. A very productive morning at the house but the GN is being neglected.. hehehehehe.. Here is a picture of one of the bed rooms. You couldn't get the door to even open half way there was so much crap in there.

house.jpg

This place is a tear down house. standing in the living room looking into the corner of the floor, you could see the outside. Rotted thru. the one bedroom that has no garbage is so moldy the whole room is white. THE WHOLE ROOM.

I have never in my life seen anything like this. I am so glad we came along to help him out. This place would have burned to the ground. Might have been a good thing though. The neighbors seemed to be happy to see us. we filled a 40yd dupster about 3/4 in 4 hrs.

Then off to the house to get cleaned up for our son's graduation... Amazing how fast 18yrs can go... Gotta love a good boy.

ourgrad.jpg

I am having the greatest Fathers day ever....

Kinda off topic I know, but it does have to do with this whole story... Thanks for being interested.

WOW!!!! You had your work cut out I'd say!!!!! My god! Again what a stand up guy you are. Acts of kindness are far and few between this day in age! Congrats again! and Happy Fathers day to you!

Attn: Mods, I agree, we need a TB.com member Citizenship award! We have a true winner with our new member :)

WOW!!!! You had your work cut out I'd say!!!!! My god! Again what a stand up guy you are. Acts of kindness are far and few between this day in age! Congrats again! and Happy Fathers day to you!

Attn: Mods, I agree, we need a TB.com member Citizenship award! We have a true winner with our new member :)

Oh yeah it was a chore for sure, But we are just giving a little back to someone who really deserves it. Sometimes life just passes you by and you need someone to slow it down a little so you can catch up.

This man graduated from UW in 1961, was in the Army until 1971 and worked for boeing more than 23yrs. He has paid his due's obviously had a drinking problem at one time. Not sure if he is still drinking. In the 5 or so visits I have had with him, If he is you would never know it.

When his Mom passed in 2008 he got her mobile home about 1/4mi from the house. It is very clean inside. So maybe the hoarding part of his life is over too. All we want for him is to have a stress free life and not to have to worry about things. Just doing our part..

Best Fathers day ever....... Oh and thanks for your vote... hehehehe
Thats great to be thought of as a nice guy.. This kind of stuff comes naturally for me. Need a hand if I am capable I am in. Just can't let me near the tool box...