i have a ? about unions

They will be bailed out and the taxpayer will be the one footing the bill. There is NO WAY they can pay what they have promised these poople. The GM bailout was more of a union bailout than it was a company bailout.

What govt employees pay into their retirement is a small fraction of what they will receive. The Unions sell this BS on "pie-in-the-sky" returns on investments that never happen. ~15 years ago Orange County, CA went into chap 11 bankruptcy because their head of finance was investing in very volatile high yield stocks, well his house of cards fell and the county went broke. Now they are billions in debt to unfunded retirement promises. Will the retirees suffer, no, but the taxpayers sure will in the form of fewer services, higher fees for those services and higher taxes.

The unions will not implode, but they will be spending millions of their members dollars to stay in business. And the elected will side with the unions because that's where their campaign money and votes come from.

Those of you in NJ and WI can keep tabs on the union money spent and the TV shock ads showing houses burning and people being robbed babies dying etc all because of the lack of fire and police protection as the unions lie to maintain status quo.

And why aren't those protesters at work.

I read where hundreds of teachers called in sick so they could protest on the taxpayers dime.

was thinking that too

if you called in sick to go protest you should be fired ... but not the unions people .. they will ask for a raise for the trama this is causing them

if you called in sick to go protest you should be fired ...

So, what about all the "politicians" who tried ducking the vote? They are definitely NOT representing. I'm all for locking them out for the remainder of their terms (or worse).

Permanently banned

so, what about all the "politicians" who tried ducking the vote? They are definitely not representing. I'm all for locking them out for the remainder of their terms (or worse).
but it should be for the rest of their lives voted in by the people the wont represent . Your done period.....

All those politicians that deserted under fire should be impeached for derliction of duty

So many teachers called in sick many schools had to close, and those teachers brainwashed their students into protesting too.

In private industry, don't go to work to protest like WIs teachers are doing you are fired if not on a official union approved strike. And definitely without pay.

I've thought long and hard about a civil response, but here's the deal. I have a long term plan for my retirement. I know approximately when I want to retire. My spouse and I have calculated what are expenses will be during retirement, when to pay off our house, how to get our kids through college etc.,, base on our estimated retirement income. I work hard for my govt pension. A calculation that was determined by those officials elected to represent the citizens of the state. I don't see those member of the legislature or elected officials taking a hit to their pensions and health care. So why do any of you think it's okay to take a jab at me for an agreement I made for the salary, pension and health care with the state that I work hard for? Whether you work for the state or a private company, if you don't like the salary, pension and health care of the job you're working, then you need to figure out a new plan to fulfill your long term goals. It is your responsibility to figure out your own long term goals, not mine. This great country affords you the opportunity to reach as far as you want to go, but my asparations (sp?) stop at me fulfilling my responsibility as a state worker and hoping that the state will keep its end of the agreement when I plan to retire.

I was in a union for 17 years. My Pension sucks balls. My rate of pay was increasing less than 2% a year the last 5 years and instead of getting the full raise at the year mark it was split in half and the other half given six months later. I felt i was held back quite often because there were too many stagnant workers standing on the ladder. I worked with guys before that made $20 an hour and they didnt know or do dick 40hrs/wk. Milking the system for all its worth. I also saw these same dick beaters file false comp claims where they otherwise would have been terminated long before they were able to file these claims if it wasnt for the unions protection. Ive seen people steal and not lose their job! Unions did a lot of good for the workforce long ago but now they are just a hindrance and cost business owners a lot of $. Now im salary non exempt with a different company and make a higher wage and get a a chance at a bonus every 6 mos. Also my wage increases are based on merit instead of some bullchit contract general wage increase. Dick beaters dont get increases instead they get put on action plans and their progress is analyzed and they either shape up or get the boot. Theres times now where i have to work longer but more often than not it works out in my favor and i can nip it a little here and there. Those i report to care about conditions, profit, and what am i doing to bring myself and the next guy up to the next level. It forces you to build a stronger team and you dont have to deal with as much dead weight for management. All who directly report to me are unionized and you would never know it. The key is not letting dick beaters slip through the cracks. They are in the union after 60 days. If its looking grim at day 40 i start preparing to boot them. Letting dead weight get in the union will absolutely kill the potential of the operation. They will phuck off and piss off the other hard working associates and bring moral down. Which would make my job hard. The last thing i need. So if im not too sure after 6 weeks why take a chance? Not worth it. So many people looking for work there is not need to tolerate laziness and ignorance.

O
All those politicians that deserted under fire should be impeached for derliction of duty

So many teachers called in sick many schools had to close, and those teachers brainwashed their students into protesting too.

In private industry, don't go to work to protest like WIs teachers are doing you are fired if not on a official union approved strike. And definitely without pay.

You try this crap in the Military,it's sure to be a career ender. The point is guys, no matter how we express ourselves,nothing is going to change. This great country of our will meet it's demise, what we need like aforementioned is a leader like President Regan. Protest,don't show up for work, your fired!If bussiness, coorporations were structured like the Military you would not have these problems. You either perform,or your out. You perform,you get promoted. Pretty cut and dry. Sad to say, a lot of Americans are Friggen lazy, they expect hand outs, they blame every body else for their problems, people continue to live beyond their means. Then when something unexpected happens, they expect the people who planned accordiangly, tax payers to bail them out.

Yeah, don't get me started about how I really feel about my union. Ok, I'll tell you a story. I grew up on a farm and I believe in working hard and getting treated fairly. For all my hard work(UPS driver) I got suspended for a day because I finally blew up over getting taken advantage of working hard saying I'm creating a hostile work environment. When I first started my route in downtown Hopkins, MN and they actually had someone ride along and do a "time study" they figured that 115 delivery stops and my 30 pickup stops was a 9.5 hour planned day. Now because they could see I can get this done sometimes if things go well in 8 they keep giving me more stops. Since they"restructured" like so many companies did 2 years ago I now go out with right around 150 deliveriy stops. I work hard and it doesn't bother me to work nonstop to get the job done. What bothers me is that to get the job done I"have" to work nonstop to get my customers stuff delivered. I start early on Mondays to do Early am stops and it ended up being an 11 hour planned day, and with todays restructured time studies that's a lot of work so I figured they'd maybe give me a lighter day for Tuesday. Well when I came in on Tuesday November 2nd and looked at the dispatch it showed 170!!! WTF, the 2nd of November and they intended to already give me a driver helper and pump me up. I just blew a gasket. Was the union there to help me-F//k no. I also got called in while on vacation they said it couldn't wait 'til Monday. I came in that Monday-- were they still dealing with the issue Yes they were. It could've waited. I asked to get paid at least for my time I came in, "well I don't think you're gonna get that" my supervisor said. So I go to the Union, they actually do have a big pow wow about it and all I get is"well we really have no precident on something like this, guess you'll just have to take one for the team!" Yeah, well your team sucks is what I think of local 638. Like you said, the Union is for lazy people. Another line said to me by the rep-Nobody is ever been fired for production. I could go on and on but ask any of my customers and they will tell you they always see me hustling, I can't help it. It's the farmboy in me that needs to get the job done, I never ask for help but am always asked to go help another driver because they know I get it done and I always do it efficiently. The difference between me doing my route and someone else doing it while I'm on vacation on average I cut off 6-10 miles per day. I know this has gotten a little off topic but it started with the union discussion. When I blew up over it my only downfall was I sent text messages that were not very nice, I couldn't help it. This is how they said I was creating a hostile work environment. If there are any Union presidents or officers reading this I challenge you to get my workload brought down to a sane level. I'll give you a quick rundown of my day. 8:30 start time, drive to Hopkins and make first stop at roughly 9AM. I have to get rid of all 130-150 stops done before I start my pickups at 2:45 and get to the last of my 26-30 pickups at 4:30, oh and you have to take your hour break. You can't just take your 20 minutes paid break and go home, you have to sit there and waste a whole hour of time because some stupid fat a// that needs an hour for lunch to recover agreed to the company that we would take it. Well whoever you are that made that agreement with the company you're costing me 40 minutes of time I could be spending sitting at home taking it since I can never find time to get break during the day. Please feel free to show this to Mr. Hoffa because I'm about ready to take this whole thing to court I'm so disgusted with it. Before you start saying-If you don't like your job blah blah. I used to really love my job a lot when I could do my fair share of work, hurry it up, go home and still feel like working on something. I haven't had the motivation or energy to do anything since the holiday season began with my day of suspension. It really sucked it out of me that an employee that works so hard but finally starts saying I've had enough and I'm the a//hole.

I used to really love my job a lot when I could do my fair share of work, hurry it up, go home and still feel like working on something. I haven't had the motivation or energy to do anything since the holiday season began with my day of suspension. It really sucked it out of me that an employee that works so hard but finally starts saying I've had enough and I'm the a//hole.

Brad, they are going to keep tightening that screw. Personally, I just concentrate on delivering all the pkg's in my truck. If I try and figure out why they put me 30 stops over my max (11 hour day), I would go crazy.

Brad, as you know, it's all about the MONEY for these companies now a days. It's not about production anymore just NUMBERS.

We do have a great paying job, exceptional benny's, discount on company stock and defined pension plan..............

I am not taking the companies side over a Teamster by any means.
BUT do (WE) think we would have THIS if we did not have a Union? Even half? :p

Joe

I've never complained about what I get paid. As stated to me by my driver supervisor after my first tussle with the center manager about the time study. These were his exact words. "we currently run on a "fair day fair pay" policy is how they're dispatching. If you can get 10.4 hours of work done in 9.1-9.2 that's what they're going to give you" ....So what's my incentive for working hard? It is all about the numbers I know and I've told them no one can go balls to the wall 5 days a week every week. everybody needs a day or 2 a week to work at a normal pace. I do my job, it's your job as mangement toget behind the slow people and motivate them to work. Don't just do the easy thing and pass it off to the hard worker to pick up the lazy a//es slack. It's my job to do MY JOB, not someone elses because it's the easy thing for you to do. I really think some of these folks on both sides really need to do some farming and see what it's like to work your ass off for and get paid squat. To be honest personally I hate my union rep that comes in every Tuesday is his usual day of the week he comes in.I told him how to get it straightened out but he just said"Do you know how much that would cost?" I suggested we agree to recognize the time studies saaying they could fire people for production, but that we would have an outside firm come in and randomly go with a driver on routes to see just how much work he/she is actually doing. Do this to keep the time studies in check and keep the workload realistic. Anybody with basic math skills can see trying to do on average 165 total stops between 9AM-4:30PM and supposed to get an hour break in is insane. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to waste an hour sitting around after I was done working but nooooooo some jerks between the company and the union agreed I'm going to take my full hour break before I go home. If I can't get my break time in during the day, what's it benefitting me for taking it all at the end of the day other than it really pisses me off to waste time. I can understand having to take at least 30 minutes. I really just want to know the names of the people who signed the agreement on the break thing because they really didn't represent us the drivers in that decision. We didn't agree to it. We used to be able to come in and punch out and go home. Whatever time for break we took is what we took. It wouldn't bother me if someone would take a copy of these post to either Someoone in the UPS corporate office or the Unions big wigs. I'd like both sides to see what I'm saying and I challenge either one of them to do my job for 2 days, the pace I run would probably kill them or give 'em a heart attack. Believe me I wouldn't feel one bit sorry for either of them. Fair day fair pay my a//. I'm still really pissed about the whole thing of telling me I had to come in and ruin a day of vacation and all I was really asking for was maybe a couple hours pay for coming in to deal with the ID verification that could've waited til the following Monday but in believing what management said to me I go in because they said UPS changed the deadline while I was on vacation and I got nothing? Now who's creating the hostile work environment? I am not creating it, I'm just reacting to it. I believe in honesty, hard work, and REAL fairness. At least my customers treat me like gold, all of them appreciate my hard work. Heck it doesn't even have to be the holiday season for them to show there appreciation. When they call me and ask me if I can swing by early because they need some package ASAP I do it, for anyone including residential deliveries. I leave my phone number on delivery notices so they can call me if they get home in time I'll stop back for a signature required package. To me it's all about keeping my customers happy no matter who they are.

I do my job, it's your job as mangement toget behind the slow people and motivate them to work. Don't just do the easy thing and pass it off to the hard worker to pick up the lazy a//es slack. It's my job to do MY JOB, not someone elses because it's the easy thing for you to do.

Amen.

I have been with UPS for 16 years and it gets harder every year. My route goes out with more stops every year with no increase in allowance. Just wait until they give your center virtual time studies. It is getting harder but thats ok because I want our company to prosper.
It really bothers me for my fellow Buick owners here telling me how lazy I am for being in a union. I believe that there was and is laziness associated with union work but trust me its not tollerated at UPS and im proud of that. Please dont assume were all lazy or even greedy. Im very proud of the work I do and am thankful for my pay.