i have a ? about unions

Awe, cmon Pronto, you've got the mouse, click it away.

Might be good for a few to see a conversation of actual importance in the safe environment of 'the lounge' if they choose to click on it.

I clicked on the duramax thread while I don't really give a crap about em, and found a little something I didn't know the minute before.

That's what's nice about the lounge, you learn about random topics, even if ya wish ya hadn't clicked on some.;)

That's funny !!!! One never knows what one may hear when they enter a lounge.....who gets to be Cliff Clavin?

That's funny !!!! One never knows what one may hear when they enter a lounge.....who gets to be Cliff Clavin?

Since it's slightly after beer O'clock and I'm ready for one. I'll be Cliff.
clavin1.gif

in indiana look up our man mitch he leased our toll road to spain for 75 years for 4 billion . at last count were losing 71 billion as taxpayers for that deal alone .. so i understand completly.

Interesting, in Ontario, Canada we had a Public Private Partnership (Triple P) highway built with both Public and Private funds and it was set up as a toll road. The tolls were to be removed originally by 2019 (8 years from now) but last I heard they won't be removed until 2100 at the earliest!!!! :eek: Our elected government SOLD our TOLL ROAD to a Spanish consortium. :eek:

Maybe the Spaniards are in the business of buying roads and charging the indiginous (sp?) people to use their own roads. Not a bad business idea I guess. :confused:

:eek:

Maybe the Spaniards are in the business of buying roads and charging the indiginous (sp?) people to use their own roads. Not a bad business idea I guess. :confused:

The Spanish are obvious students of History while 'we' are apparently doomed to repeat the mistakes of past conquered lands in the Roman Empire. Look into it and you'll find your answers. Now would be the time to break all such contracts with new laws specifically denying foreign ownership of sovereign (state funded and owned) territory, before they have us on our broken backs.

you called me radical .. tell us how you really feel

Recognizing the Rule of Law as eminent in providing for a Free Republic, we need to change the laws from the bottom up. Remove the current upside down system of top-down vertical integration. MAKE it illegal to be stupid in holding office! Establishing consequence retroactively to behavior detrimental to the people is the key to retaking our former glory. I do not call that Radical. I would say that the open Rape and Decimation of establishments set forth to serve the people, without consequence, is Radical! The sensibility of that is why the continued support of the population as opposed to those who claim 'right' over us, by persons such as yourself is so monumentally important! You sir, are more important at this juncture in history than most all of those who's footprints you walk in.

thats

im setting the sidelines for now waiting to see what happens at home rather than having my boots down on a desert somewhere

Interesting, in Ontario, Canada we had a Public Private Partnership (Triple P) highway built with both Public and Private funds and it was set up as a toll road. The tolls were to be removed originally by 2019 (8 years from now) but last I heard they won't be removed until 2100 at the earliest!!!! :eek: Our elected government SOLD our TOLL ROAD to a Spanish consortium. :eek:

I read of a similiar occurence in California where in the contract California had to agree to add lights, make no improvments, and neglect maintenance on nearby roads there by funneling more traffic onto the foreign owned toll road.

I guess California was "open for business"

I read of a similiar occurence in California where in the contract California had to agree to add lights, make no improvments, and neglect maintenance on nearby roads there by funneling more traffic onto the foreign owned toll road.

I guess California was "open for business"

This is what happens when we allow our country to slip into financial ruin and we do not have domestic investors willing or able to invest in our own infrastructure!!

We have, unfortunately, fell into the toilet bowl of financial despair that Russia fell into years ago that changed them from a Superpower to a country in which their people had to endure food shortages, inflation and massive unemployment.

This is what happens when we allow our country to slip into financial ruin and we do not have domestic investors willing or able to invest in our own infrastructure!!

We have, unfortunately, fell into the toilet bowl of financial despair that Russia fell into years ago that changed them from a Superpower to a country in which their people had to endure food shortages, inflation and massive unemployment.

I agree tho we probably disagree on why we are in disrepair. We as a nation have been enjoying the investments our nation made to our infrastructure decades ago which have paid REAL dividends.

I agree tho we probably disagree on why we are in disrepair.

I guess the first step in resolving a problem is identifying the problem, then we must create a solution. What is the solution?

I guess the first step in resolving a problem is identifying the problem, then we must create a solution. What is the solution?

No more free checks. No more welfare. You want to collect a check on "the 1st of the month" you're going to learn a new skill and repair bridges and roads. and you probably won't need to relocate since repairs are needed everywhere. But I don't want them permanently employed by the government. Hopefully when the work is complete which will take years they can take the skills they've learned and apply it to a private sector job.

No more free checks. No more welfare. You want to collect a check on "the 1st of the month" you're going to learn a new skill and repair bridges and roads. and you probably won't need to relocate since repairs are needed everywhere. But I don't want them permanently employed by the government. Hopefully when the work is complete which will take years they can take the skills they've learned and apply it to a private sector job.

Now we're talking !!!! EVERYONE has a marketable skill and thus, no need for welfare. These women that are breeders with 5-6 children can operate a rake or shovel. Some may say that they need daycare.....put the one's that cannot figure out how to operate a shovel to work in a daycare watching the worker's children !!!

Men: there's SOMETHING that you can do to earn your govt. check.....if you chose not to work, we aren't going to allow you to starve, you'll get all the bread and water you can consume. Hunger is a great motivator !!!

These solutions will not be popular with the bused in voters, but it will DEFINITELY reduce the numbers of unproductive welfare recipients !!!