87 GN motor in my 3000LB 87 Monte...where to start?.I have a donor car waiting!!!

monte87LS

ok now, this is the situation, I have a rebuilt and modded 87 T-Type parked right next to my 87MonteLS in the driveway, my Monte's current setup is a 350ci with a th350 trans, no computer!...one of the cars has to go, and its not my Monte,(sentinmental value) I dont have the money to finish both cars so I figured i'l just sell the drivetrain thats in my Monte now, then replace it with the T-Type setup!...then just part out the rest of my T-Type and fill up my pockets with cash to play with...my T-Type has plenty of modds, I figured my modded T-Type motor in my 3000 pound MonteCarlo, and I have myself a hell of a machine...if you ask me this is some exciting stuff :biggrin: ...plus a good thing about this swap is I dont need to hunt for parts, I have everything I need parked right next to her!...and yes thats right I said 3000 pound MonteCarlo!...details on that will be posted soon but theres just way much to list, I did pretty much everything I could without taking away the street car look!...now any info will help me here, Ive done swaps before but this is my first TurboBuick and my first fuel injected swap, so be gentle...now here are some questions to start off with and Im sure the list will go on, by the way keep your eyes on the (parts for sale section) soon, it looks like there will most likely be whats left of my 87 T-Type for sale in peices, it will take a few days so please be patient...now to the questions

1-gas tank setup?...can I use a 16 gallon RCI fuel cell with fuel injection? what underhood electric fuel pump would I want to go with?..return line?

2-motor mounts?...just take them from the Buick and they'l bolt right onto my Monte right?

3-radiator?...I have a Iroc 350 aluminum radiator with internal trans cooler in my Monte, its brand new so I'd like to keep it, any issues there?

4-trans?-I have a built th350 trans in my Monte with high stall converter (stall unknown)...I wanted to use my th350 since its ready to go, I know I may need a BOP adapter plate, but will the torqe converter slide in place and bolt up to the flywheel without any problems?...would I need to take the flywheel off the 350ci and put it on the buick motor?...also with a 3 speed setup does this have a performance advantage over a stock 4 speed setup with these TurboBuicks?...as if they both had the same stall, im just saying whats better for the 1/4 mile a stock 3 speed or stock 4 speed?...also what about the kickdown cable?..is there a universal kickdown cable or will the 4 speeds kickdown bolt up to my 3 speed, because I dont have a kickdown cable in my Monte, I do it by hand...do I even need it for the GN motor

5-wiring?:eek:...this is what Im really curious about, I dont have a computer in my Monte anymore, I took it out, but I think I still have it if I need it...now where do I start with the computer setup, this just seems too easy to me, it this really as easy as I think it might be?...am I just going to drop the motor in and run the main wire harness for the motor through the dash and into the kicker panel where I will just have the T-Type computer ready to be plugged in?...I know it cant be that easy, i know I'l be running a aftermarket electric fuel pump under the hood so Im sure theres some wiring to do with that but as far as everything else goes, what do i need to wire?...I have no AC/heat box,igot manual steering, manual brakes, machanical autometer guages in the
car, im keeping the 3 speed trans so theres no wiring needed for that, I have no computer in my Monte and my headlights and blinkers, dashlights and all work fine,,,the starter has nothing to do with the computer too, what am I wiring?

6-mechanical guages?...my Monte has all mechanical gauges mounted and ready, I still have the boxes so I have all the universal fittings ready to go, would mechanical guages be a smart thing to do since I already have them mounted and all, or will that confuse the computer in anyway,my T-Type has all dummy lights, I also plan on getting a scan master, along with an alky kit

7-ceramic coat everything?...I wanted to get my headers,downpipe,crossover pipe,front mount pipes, intake pipes, valve covers,turbo heat shield, all ceramic coated, what exactly does ceramic coating do, I heard it keeps a nice "chrome" like finish for a long time and keeps exhaust heat in which reduces underhood tempature, is that all acurrate information?...also how much would I be looking to spend to get all that done, Im located in South Jersey so maybe somebody might happen to know a guy?...Im just looking for somewhere local I can bring a box full of stuff and drop it off, pick it up a couple days later...but regardless of where what kind of price could I be looking at?

8-questions?...Im sure Im missing something, am I missing anything? :)

Lots of questions, too much to type. If you got time, give me a buzz 312-887-1950 (7.30-3.45pm central time) or my cel 630-965-1987.

Prasad