I feel like I NEED to get right with God...

I wouldn't give up hope on finding a good church. There are some dead churches out there but there are also some wonderful churches out there. Each one of us make up the body of Christ. Pray and ask God to lead you to a Christ-honoring church. There is nothing like corporate worship. I too am surprised at all of the great responses to this thread. Glory to God.

Love the adds that come up on that vid. LOL Get a pastoral degree on line...now! Someone's cashing in on tax free business it seems.

Wow, at 18 I was having some serious fun....
Did God invent man or did man invent God?
If you study the bible from Adam and Eve untill now, we are about 10,000 yrs. old.
If you believe in science and carbon dating, the current version of man is about 30,000 yrs old.
I grew up in a Catholic home..... I think religion had it's place in the past when no one knew why "stars" fell from the sky. Or why there where different seasons in the year.... But now we have a pretty good grip on why things happen, thanks to science. Speaking of science, I was dating a scientist and she told me that most of her friends in the science community really did not believe in religion, you see they need facts to believe.....
I'm not going to say that I do or don't believe, because it doesn't matter, believe what you want to, because that's what we all do anyway, no matter who says what..... did you know that scientist can determine by examining the brain, (size of a certain part of it) if a person is likley to be religious or not.
Why are the dinosours never mentioned in the bible....
Just some random thoughts on this subject....
Ok, I was in church a few weeks ago..... it was almost empty, only a few younger parents there with kids, most where well past retirment age.

Chuck

Thanks for posting that Giglio link! I saw it a few years ago and it's awesome. Amen

I'm a Catholic, although I probably haven't been involved in church enough lately. I'm a firm believer in following the 10 commandments. I also believe that if you REALLY believe that something is right, then do it. However, I also believe in an eye for an eye. I believe it is ok to steal from someone if they have stolen from you. I guess it contradicts my belief in the ten commandments, but as I said, I do what I think is right. Some may always not agree. But if you live your life knowing in your heart that certain things are right, I don't think you have a problem.