I broke my Buick...

3 whole pages of I broke my Buick wahhhhhh :( booo hooo!!! I've never seen anybody cry so much about it, if your looking for sympathy or donations you wont get them, specially from your next engine builder or engine builder from whom your always getting freebies all the time.. LOL good luck with your next engine Tim.. ;) I am just busting your chops.

On the other hand:
Rice Rocket +1
Buick Brick -1 and broke down.. :biggrin:
We joke about chicken getting freebies but he pays his way. As with my other good customers, I do give him breaks but has earned them. Has never stabbed me in the back. His posts are humorous & one of my best sources of advertisement. When he is ready probably after the holidays the chicken & his coup shall rise again from the ash's of that land fill.

...but since we're making a list....I think we should throw fellow Southwestern section member RJ Reynolds in there too...he's made 100's of passes on his high mileage unopened long block with the most recent ones in the 10.90's....he's doing something right too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chicken...I appreciate the props. Since our race season opened back up at the end of Sept I have already added over 50 passes to my car. This past Saturday was a bracket race at the BOP event, so I took some boost out of the car to slow it down and be more consistant. First pass was still an 11.12 with a soft 60ft. I took 2 more pounds out of it and made 5 passes between 11.27 and 11.31. Out of all the cars that I have built and raced over the last 30-years, this car has been by far the most durable and consistant.

Oh...I almost forgot to mention, over the summer I installed the front sway bar, Bilstein shocks and 16x8 GNX wheels with M/T drag radials on the back to make it more streetable. Given the right track prep and air, I still think it will crack into the 10.90s. These cars are AMAZING.:biggrin:

Tim,
If the block is toast, and you don't have a spare, you can normally score one down here in Chula Vista at one of the salvages on half price day for less than $200. They mark it so if you get it out and its bad you can pull another or get your $ back. I have all the mic's, dial indicators, inside bore gauge, etc to check it out too. Cam bearing tool to remove those, etc. Let me know if you get to that point, I can scout it out and even help pull it if you need help. I have pulled a handful out from down there.

I'm gonna vote, yes.
I was also going uphill at WOT...no front sway bar...etc....so it possibly briefly uncovered the pick-up, and then OUCH!

No front sway bar? How bad is that to drive on the street? Any gain on traction on the street from removing it?

Shaun

Well it was a good one, and look at it like I do. Now I have a reason to do some upgrades!!

Tim,
If the block is toast, and you don't have a spare, you can normally score one down here in Chula Vista at one of the salvages on half price day for less than $200. They mark it so if you get it out and its bad you can pull another or get your $ back. I have all the mic's, dial indicators, inside bore gauge, etc to check it out too. Cam bearing tool to remove those, etc. Let me know if you get to that point, I can scout it out and even help pull it if you need help. I have pulled a handful out from down there.

Thanks man.
Looks like Lou has everything I need...he just needs my check book and first born to get started....;)

No front sway bar? How bad is that to drive on the street? Any gain on traction on the street from removing it?

Shaun

Actually not that bad....but one does need to plan on taking wider turns if cornering with any speed.
Yes....any way you can improve weight transfer will improve traction on street or strip.

What size is that mystery nut on the belt tensioner?
I want to remove my belt and try rotating the crank to see what's up....but nothing I have (standard or metric) fits that nut....and I have now named that nut an official "god dammit"

Thanks man.
Looks like Lou has everything I need...he just needs my check book and first born to get started....;)

Actually Lou's not all that thrilled with kids.....

Have you got a big 401k or some gold ingots or something else as a back-up?

Better yet, do you own any fuzzy sheep?:D

Question:

Do you know how Lou finds a sheep in the tall grass?????

Answer:

VERY satisfying!:eek::eek::biggrin:

Previously posted by TurboTGuy:

"Question:
Do you know how Lou finds a sheep in the tall grass?????
Answer:
VERY satisfying"!

Naw, he looks for the wet spot.

Actually Lou's not all that thrilled with kids.....

Have you got a big 401k or some gold ingots or something else as a back-up?

Actually he turns into a big ol' Grandpa around kids. First time he met mine, we started doing catroon character impressions for them...it was hilarious.

...my son would be useful around his shop. He's only 14...but he's already breaching 6' 1" and 195lbs and he can lift heavy objects like disabled Buicks.

...and my 401K aint nearly as big as it was before Obama had his way with all his stimulus plans...but I'm pretty sure my mother-in-law hid some of her valuables in my house....hmmmmmmmmmm

Actually he turns into a big ol' Grandpa around kids. First time he met mine, we started doing catroon character impressions for them...it was hilarious.

...my son would be useful around his shop. He's only 14...but he's already breaching 6' 1" and 195lbs and he can lift heavy objects like disabled Buicks.

...and my 401K aint nearly as big as it was before Obama had his way with all his stimulus plans...but I'm pretty sure my mother-in-law hid some of her valuables in my house....hmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah,

Lou was really cool to my son when we were out there over Labor Day.

It's just fun to poke the bear.:tongue:

I like kids but never had any of my own cause I'm too busy bringing up other peoples.