Hypothetical flow

SAMBALLS1

If turbos are rated in air flow in lb/min. . "hypothetical" on 250cubes with the right cam, and efficient flowing heads what is the most a 109 can flow? Don't know if I'm asking the question right. . .

Last edited:
Okay, let me rephrase the question. . . Can a stroked out 109 motor flow over 110 lb/min of air? And if so how much rpm would be required?

Last edited:
JW was at approx. 100lbs/min on his fastest passes. The block is mechanically limited to around that point. 4 fasteners per cylinder limits cylinder pressure and the block moves around too much at high rpm/cylinder pressure. 6500rpn/35psi is around 110lbs/min on a 250ci with 95% or higher mass efficiency at sea level. Assuming that mechanical limitation isn't present. Just be an expensive experiment to attempt imo. $3000 crank shaft, $1200 connecting rods, $800 Pistons, $5500 heads and valvetrain and a $500 block that could cause all the above to be scrap in short order.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

So. . Here's a copy of the compressor map that i will be using to achieve that. . . Your thoughts please?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414122695226.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1414122695226.png
    195 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
JW was at approx. 100lbs/min on his fastest passes. The block is mechanically limited to around that point. 4 fasteners per cylinder limits cylinder pressure and the block moves around too much at high rpm/cylinder pressure. 6500rpn/35psi is around 110lbs/min on a 250ci with 95% or higher mass efficiency at sea level. Assuming that mechanical limitation isn't present. Just be an expensive experiment to attempt imo. $3000 crank shaft, $1200 connecting rods, $800 Pistons, $5500 heads and valvetrain and a $500 block that could cause all the above to be scrap in short order.

BPE2013@hotmail.com
I will find out whether the block does it or not. .im going to test this theory. . Lets see what a 109 really can do.

I will find out whether the block does it or not. .im going to test this theory. . Lets see what a 109 really can do.
We will be watching. You won't be out of turbo that's for sure. Keep in mind JW did this in tsm trim and was way faster in this trim than anyone had been. 3 bolt 6766 turbo and hyd cam too.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Why a 3000 crank? When they have already made over 1000 with a cheap chinese unit?
Why? Because if I'm building an engine that is making nearly 200hp per hole I want a crankshaft in there that I can spec down to the .0001" and spec any counterweighting i want or any other little dimension I want.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Your right, but I have seen 3k cranks machined wrong too. . The builder is responsible for the corrections. So i would rather spend $700 on a crank and spend another $1000 in machining and keep $1300 and throw that in to the heads. . . Since thats where the power really comes from. . .

Last edited:
Good info I'm going to try 99 lbs/min where I will be safe!! Wee!! Serious thanks for breaking that down..

Curious to know what size head studs you are going to use to obtain that goal? Anything special done like o-ringed block?

No o-ring. Just careful tuning. This will spend loys of time on the dyno. . .im going to push it till it breaks.

Radiuskid, if you only knew what some of the fastest guys are using. . You would be dumbfounded. . .and they don't use 3k cranks. Lol

Its smoke and mirrors in an attempt to make the possible seem impossible and stay on top of everyone else.