How to get a title for a car that was won?

I have made contact with the titled owner, at least I am 99% sure he is. He has GRASIOUSLY offered to go to the DMV and apply for a lost title. As soon as I hear back from him I will pass the info on!

A huge thanks to him.....

Please keep us all updated on this or at least the owner..If you cant find time to do this for this guy,pm me the info you have and ill contact the guy and try and resolve this simple issue...

I got the bill of sale done, although it's hard to make out the previous owners name. 2 more stops to go. :eek:

FWIW, I did not ask you to spoon feed me squat. I'm 40 yrs old and quit that long ago.:rolleyes: All I asked was..."Is there a way to get a title for a car without the previous owner/owners having to produce one? I always thought it couldn't be done, but read somewhere that it could...anyone know? " Word for word from original post....plain and simple question.
I really appreciate everyone's help/suggestions. I always thought once you had a vehicle with no title, registration or previous plates, you were pretty much screwed. Guess I was wrong.
Seems like a lotta bs for something that should have been readily available 7 months ago. Outta sight, outta mind, I guess. :frown:

No offense intended. I appologize to you, sir. :redface:

Looks like I am going for a bonded title deal.... Everything else has feel through. I am just going to let me attorney handle it, that's what I pay him for.... I will let Glen know as soon as I know something...

Looks like I am going for a bonded title deal.... Everything else has feel through. I am just going to let me attorney handle it, that's what I pay him for.... I will let Glen know as soon as I know something...

Don't bother, It only took me a few minutes to track down who the car is titled to. Glenn he is going to apply for a new title this week and mail it to you. Oh yea, NOBODY has even contacted him until I called him today.

Don't bother, It only took me a few minutes to track down who the car is titled to. Glenn he is going to apply for a new title this week and mail it to you. Oh yea, NOBODY has even contacted him until I called him today.

Thats what I was guessing,nobody was trying or it would have been done,just like you said a few minutes and 1 phone call is all it takes...I just didnt have a free carfax to find out who the car was last titled to or I could have done it myself,from there all it takes is some basic internet skills or a 411 call...Hopefully this is the end of this thread and the guy can enjoy his car after almost a year...

Am I a winner?

The car was mine......I hate when people bullsh#$ when it comes to cars. This seems to be happening too often lately. My birthday is sunday so I'm heading to the DMV to get tags etc. I'll have the title on it's way to me by the end of the week. No one tried contacting me on this at all. A few people on here know how to get a hold of me as I've dealt with a few members in person.

A little effort goes a long way....funny how I "found" this thread so quickly huh....

Thanks to all of you guys that tried to help the new owner.....at least there are still people willing to help.

Josh Watson
jjoshwatson@hotmail.com for ANYONE WHO MIGHT NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME!!!!!! ;)

The car was mine......I hate when people bullsh#$ when it comes to cars. This seems to be happening too often lately. My birthday is sunday so I'm heading to the DMV to get tags etc. I'll have the title on it's way to me by the end of the week. No one tried contacting me on this at all. A few people on here know how to get a hold of me as I've dealt with a few members in person.

A little effort goes a long way....funny how I "found" this thread so quickly huh....

Thanks to all of you guys that tried to help the new owner.....at least there are still people willing to help.

Josh Watson
jjoshwatson@hotmail.com for ANYONE WHO MIGHT NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME!!!!!! ;)

Josh,

Please send me your number. I got the DMV info today and according to them you are not the titled owner.
Thanks for stepping up, I have not came across your name in the search....

I would love to talk to you though!

Josh,

Please send me your number. I got the DMV info today and according to them you are not the titled owner.
Thanks for stepping up, I have not came across your name in the search....

I would love to talk to you though!

Damn, how many people own this car? And when is my turn? :confused:

I call dibs on the next giveaway car, hell you can even keep the title. :cool: