How to get a title for a car that was won?

turboG

never enough....
I won a car back SEVERAL months ago (somewhere around Christmas) and the ones that had the car can't produce a title. My question is...Is there a way to get a title for a car without the previous owner/owners having to produce one? :eek: I always thought it couldn't be done, but read somewhere that it could...anyone know?

Contact the DMV in your state and ask what is required to apply for a replacement title. Do you have documentation from the previous owners who's name is on the lost title that it is your car? If so, pay the tax and fees and you should be good to go.

In some states you can pay $30 and get the title right then instead of waiting. Not sure if that is a option with a replacement though.

Do you have documentation from the previous owners who's name is on the lost title that it is your car?

No documentation of any kind....nothing. The vin # that is on the car is all that I can be certain of.

Mechanics lien.

Mechanics lien.
The “lost” title stuff could be tricky.
In NY they would only mail it to the last known address of the owner on record.
I would go with a mechanics Lien all the way.
Good luck Dude.

marvintears.jpg

Sorry man... I can't believe it's not in your hands already:frown: :frown:

Thanks for the replies, guys. Since I can't seem to get any straight answers, a mechanics lien may have to be done. Shame it has to come to this. :mad:

Damn Glenn, I figured by now this would have been taken care of. Hell maybe that will be your Christmas present this year?Lol! Can't wait to win me a car that I can't drive. (That **** is not funny)

Chrisk, this was no scam, I sure as H@#$ wouldn't have spent 2 weeks of my life painting it and over 900 bucks out of my pocket taking it back and going back again to help work on it just for giggles. Glenn has the car in his possesion right now and I am sure he will tell you its a great looking ride but its worthless without a title so he can drive the thing! Brian had the title but can't find it so its just a huge mess now. Maybe this will be taken care of soon. I know its a dissapointment not to be able to drive it after having it for this long! Believe me, I want to see some pics of you enjoying it as well Glenn!!!! I have a lot of work in that car personally as well as many of the others on this board in labor, parts, etc. This is NOT how we wanted this to go guys!
Daniel Ray

Glen sent me the info I needed last night. Brian had the title to the car and it got lost or stolen along with some other stuff. I have been trying to find out the titled owner for months, even contacting local law enforcement friends to help. It is not as easy as it may sound to just "fix it"..... I am sorry this happened and I have apologized to Glen and will to continue to do so. Hopefully with the info he sent we can have this cleared up very shortly.... I don't mind saying this is embarrassing, but it was nothing but circumstances out of my control...

Well IMO its been 7 months,somebody isnt trying to fix this issue to hard because for $300 I know many people who could....This should be this boards top priority to get this handled pronto..

cant Brian just send a vin tag/title from a junker car he has laying in the back,come on i will send you the rivits ......:wink: :wink:

Chrisk, this was no scam, I sure as H@#$ wouldn't have spent 2 weeks of my life painting it and over 900 bucks out of my pocket taking it back and going back again to help work on it just for giggles. Glenn has the car in his possesion right now and I am sure he will tell you its a great looking ride but its worthless without a title so he can drive the thing! Brian had the title but can't find it so its just a huge mess now. Maybe this will be taken care of soon. I know its a dissapointment not to be able to drive it after having it for this long! Believe me, I want to see some pics of you enjoying it as well Glenn!!!! I have a lot of work in that car personally as well as many of the others on this board in labor, parts, etc. This is NOT how we wanted this to go guys!
Daniel Ray

I was not serious. And I did donate money!!! :rolleyes: