How to do best burnout possible with a 1 tire fire?

Sandman_GN85

Someone help me?
Well tonight I graduate Highschool and as is highschool tradition , afterwards there is a burnout contest in the senior parking lot. I want to make my GN show them where its at, so any tricks of the trade to smokem the best? OD/or 3rd and powerbrake etc? Thanks!!!!!!

Practice!

Go practice in your driveway.. :eek:

Just kidding... First.. be careful.. it sounds like a lot of people will be spectating. While burnouts are fun, with a lot of people around, they are extemely dangerous if the car starts to walk from ya.

I like to do burnouts that are nice and controlled. Granted, I have posi, but I like to have it spinnin' 'em just enough that the car isn't moving that fast, you can turn the steering wheel and it just smoothly fishtails. But that's posi.

It also depends on the type of surface you're lighting 'em up on. Some light easier then others. I would recommend a nice powerbrake... once the tire breaks loose smoke it a bit and slow let off the brake and let it keep smoking as the car slowly moves. You don't HAVE to floor it to do this.. of course it depends on the power of your car.

I'd have it in "D".

Once again, be careful. Are your tires good?? No cords showing?? Saw that one year at Ocean City... guy blew a tire doing a burnout.. made for a BIG laugh... at least until the state trooper offered to help push him outta the road. :eek:

Congratulations on graduating.

Don't over rev and plan on replacing your brakes from cooking them.

If you have crazy friends

One thing I do with my one legger neon is have a buddy lift up on the fender of the non spinning tire to get it going. Sometimes if your lucky they will both start going(This worked on my non posi truck too). The hard part is finding someone to stand next to and grab on to your car inches from a spinning smokin tire. And of course some bleach to get the smoke goin real good real fast. If my front tires grab good enough I turn the wheel to leave a nice happy face:) that always impresses people.