How much boost is safe?

ThebigbadWolF

Hi guys,

I am sure this has been talked about over and over. The search again does not like me today. So I figured id post.

I have a few mods;

chip,50lb injectors, rjc fmic(IC-315-XTF ), rjc 3 inch downpipe, 3 inch maf pipe, rjc AD powerplate, 208/208 cam, stock bottom end, and a greddy BOV

exghst is open pipe no cat, no muffler

I am wondering how much boost can I apply to my setup SAFELY.

thanks for your advise.

I found that with 93 pump gas your limited to about 17 pounds...some say they get away with 19. Real safe would be 15. With the mods you have ,it sound like your a good candidate for an alky set-up. Then...you can turn it way up...mid-high 20's..more timing.:)

Or switch to e85 by getting a new chip, inj's, and double pumper!! Just an option.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

18 degrees as per the Turbo Tweak chip. I tuned out knock before tried it but the boost creep was there first run. I ditched the oem solenoid and added an RJC boost controller to get creep under control. A cold air kit and a big intercooler pays big dividends here also. What works on my TR may work on yours.

18 degrees as per the Turbo Tweak chip. I tuned out knock before tried it but the boost creep was there first run. I ditched the oem solenoid and added an RJC boost controller to get creep under control. A cold air kit and a big intercooler pays big dividends here also. What works on my TR may work on yours.

The boost creep is from the wastegate port being too small. The boost controller really shouldn't effect that b/c the flap is either open all the way or not with any boost controller at wot. And I recommend checking your timing with a light. You never mentioned if timing is 18* across the board or higher in 1/2, but with that low of timing, that is why you are able to run a little more boost and yes the IC helps too. I can drop my timing to 14* and run 20psi no knock too w/out alky, but it's not the best setup.

Hi guys,

I am sure this has been talked about over and over. The search again does not like me today. So I figured id post.

I have a few mods;

chip,50lb injectors, rjc fmic(IC-315-XTF ), rjc 3 inch downpipe, 3 inch maf pipe, rjc AD powerplate, 208/208 cam, stock bottom end, and a greddy BOV

exghst is open pipe no cat, no muffler

I am wondering how much boost can I apply to my setup SAFELY.

thanks for your advise.

If using 93, I'd say about 18 lbs for sure with your mods and no worries as long as the timing is in check. Keep your ye on those O2's though.;)

the o2 is in front of the turbo btw(stock location)

chip is for the 50lbs injectors and 93 oct

i have a alky kit but just not installed and i didn't want to run it because what if i forget to refill or check the alky.

hahaha.....

what is scan master and how do I set it up?

Scan master is a very important tool. Was the very first thing I bought for my car. It ties in to you ecm and tells you what your motor is doing

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Scan Master is something that should have been installed before ANY of that other stuff that's on there!!!:eek:

Without that, Or some other way to monitor whats going with the car, you're gambling.....with no dice,