How much boost is safe?

...i have a alky kit but just not installed and i didn't want to run it because what if i forget to refill or check the alky.

Don't install it EVER w/out a scanmaster and don't install it if you are EVER worried about forgetting to fill the alky tank. These are cars are way more responsibility than that is.

I wouldnt be driving around beating on the car with out any way to monitor what's going on. Hell I drive around with my laptop hook up most of the tine

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

ok, can anyone link me to scan master, and maybe an article so I can understand what options I have with in the scan master.

I am a pretty good wrench but I don't know everything.

Don't install it EVER w/out a scanmaster and don't install it if you are EVER worried about forgetting to fill the alky tank. These are cars are way more responsibility than that is.
I have just heard a lot of negative about alky kits.... and never having to own one I don't want to f up my motor because I forgot to check it one day.

Go to full throttle speed. They sell scan masters. I run Alky on the street at 25psi of boost. There is a low level light that comes on when its low

I have just heard a lot of negative about alky kits.... and never having to own one I don't want to f up my motor because I forgot to check it one day.

Again, if you're afraid you'll forget to check it, don't use it. It's too important to forget about and clearly you are worried about that fact.

I check my alky tank every time I drive the car.

we4.. :D i don't know you but i guess it's safe to say that you are an Alky-haulic!

Nope !!! Just a SMART guy checkin stuff BEFORE he goes out to play with it. We do the same with our 3 cars.. All of them are set at a minimum 25#s of boost (Mazda) .. Rest are "around 27/28" I think ;)

Nope !!! Just a SMART guy checkin stuff BEFORE he goes out to play with it. We do the same with our 3 cars.. All of them are set at a minimum 25#s of boost (Mazda) .. Rest are "around 27/28" I think ;)

Nice! you post up any pics of the Olds ? love to see em'

we4.. :D i don't know you but i guess it's safe to say that you are an Alky-haulic!

I guess you could say that

Attachments

• 1374246993891.jpg
    1374246993891.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 97
thanks everyone for all the information, and here I thought I was ready to fire my beast up this weekend....welp more waiting....

ill get the scanmaster but I wont be familiar with the configs/setting or even know what I am looking for, if anyone would mind helping me with that or helping me understand , it would be great :)

Get it installed then warm the car up and post all the numbers here. You can also do a search there is tons of info here on the fourms

Get it installed then warm the car up and post all the numbers here. You can also do a search there is tons of info here on the fourms

everytime I search it messes up or else I wouldn't be posting these newb incriminating questions :D

my old turbo shitted some bearings, that's why I went on a modding spree, now ill get the scanner.

again thanks guys.

scan master ordered :) ill just run 15 lbs of boost for now, until I can get the scan in the mail and installed, thanks guys

Again, if you're afraid you'll forget to check it, don't use it. It's too important to forget about and clearly you are worried about that fact.

I check my alky tank every time I drive the car.

And adding that I check my alky pressures twice per year along with my fuel pressures twice per year...just like brakes, those things all need to work.

And adding that I check my alky pressures twice per year along with my fuel pressures twice per year...just like brakes, those things all need to work.

lol idk if your being a smart ass or lol

anyways like I said I am not new to cars just new to boost and the GN's so to just dive right in with out knowing shit about the alky was not something I wanted to do.
its not about checking the system, its about understanding it.

Your very smart for waiting. Get the car running perfect on 17# boost with 93 octane then add the Alky. The Alky install is pretty straight forward and isn't hard to use when you read the instructions. Just make sure the tank is full and you hit the test button every time you get in it and drive.