How much boost is safe?

Your very smart for waiting. Get the car running perfect on 17# boost with 93 octane then add the Alky. The Alky install is pretty straight forward and isn't hard to use when you read the instructions. Just make sure the tank is full and you hit the test button every time you get in it and drive.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

what defines running perfectly? as in no knock @ WOT? or specpifc TPS readings or all of the above :)

0 knock. And all other parameters on scan master in check where they should be. 25 psi on Alky will really make you love the power you put down

Its way easier to ask and be sure than to learn the hard way!

lol idk if your being a smart ass or lol

anyways like I said I am not new to cars just new to boost and the GN's so to just dive right in with out knowing shit about the alky was not something I wanted to do.
its not about checking the system, its about understanding it.

If you're new to boost you might as well be new to cars too and I am not being smart; I do these checks every year. I understand my alky system and my tune very well, but understanding it isn't enough to keep it from pushing out head gaskets or worse, a rod/crank. You need to know what your fuel pressures are, in both systems. Anyone not checking these pressures, gas and alky at initial/line off and at WOT, shouldn't be using alky injection or even racing one of these cars or even driving it hard on the street for that matter. Bottom line, everyone wants to make lots of power with a small cube V6 and brag about it. That is not an easy task regardless of the car it's in.