How many people are running a PT&E SLIC

Good afternoon everyone.

Sorry that I could not get to this thread earlier, however I would like to address your concerns. Earlier this year, one of our good dealers had an issue installing one of our Stock Location Intercoolers and called to tell us about the problem that he encountered (same problem brought up in this thread). At this point, the information was relayed to management and they began to call a select group of our customers to find out A) If they have experienced this issue, B) If they did have an issue, what they did to resolve it and C) Importance of making a design change to the product. After this process, the consensus was that not all customers were having an issue, however some were and were able to either come up with a solution to get both bolts into the correct location, or were satisfied with the installation. Although we have had hundreds of these units in circulation since 2004,we decided it was necessary to make the correct bracket and in June we started to ship our Stock Location Intercoolers with the revised bracket. All orders that have been shipped since the middle of June include the correct bracket and the intercooler should line up correctly as designed.

For anyone that has one of the older brackets and wishes to purchase a new bracket, we will be selling them at our cost ($10.90 + shipping). We have these brackets in stock and ready to ship.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Precision Turbo & Engine
219-996-7832

Mine came with the new bracket an it lines up quite good. I would suggest making the holes a bit bigger as to have a bit more adjustment because as we know, all cars are not equal.

hello; Glad to see you (Patrick) finally came on to straighten this problem out.
But IMO if the part was wrong from the get go a new part (bracket) should be given with no payment needed. Shipping cost only but maybe that's what your doing? If so that's good.
Tell me what changes besides the bracket was done if any? There was talk about a core change is that true? I'd like to know for sure.
IBBY

I just installed one on a car. The bracket lined up good but I do have concern that it may be a little weak for the job. Time will tell.

It would be nice to see a recall on these brackets. Simply send your old one back for an exchange.

Come on Patrick, make it happen. :biggrin:

It would be nice to see a recall on these brackets. Simply send your old one back for an exchange.

Come on Patrick, make it happen. :biggrin:

I agree, we should just have to pay for shipping.

Correct bracket exchange should be no cost

A lot of buyers paid $800-900 for the PTE SLIC. The IC is excellent - why nickle-n-dime the $10.90+SH to get them a bracket that works :confused:

a set of pictures or templates showing faulty vs. improved brackets would provide clarity to people struggling with a fit issue.

X2

hello; Glad to see you (Patrick) finally came on to straighten this problem out.
But IMO if the part was wrong from the get go a new part (bracket) should be given with no payment needed. Shipping cost only but maybe that's what your doing? If so that's good.

IBBY

Mike Barnard

A lot of buyers paid $800-900 for the PTE SLIC. The IC is excellent - why nickle-n-dime the $10.90+SH to get them a bracket that works :confused:

a set of pictures or templates showing faulty vs. improved brackets would provide clarity to people struggling with a fit issue.

I agree. Glad to see that PTE will make the correct bracket available - that's a positive step. Poor design or build is the responsibility of the manufacturer in all business dealings. This is not an expensive fix that would go a long way towards instilling strong customer satisfaction with this Turbo Buick community. At this stage, I will happily pay for shipping cost to get the right part.

Thanks PTE!

Well then

good afternoon everyone.

Sorry that i could not get to this thread earlier, however i would like to address your concerns. Earlier this year, one of our good dealers had an issue installing one of our stock location intercoolers and called to tell us about the problem that he encountered (same problem brought up in this thread). At this point, the information was relayed to management and they began to call a select group of our customers to find out a) if they have experienced this issue, b) if they did have an issue, what they did to resolve it and c) importance of making a design change to the product. After this process, the consensus was that not all customers were having an issue, however some were and were able to either come up with a solution to get both bolts into the correct location, or were satisfied with the installation. Although we have had hundreds of these units in circulation since 2004,we decided it was necessary to make the correct bracket and in june we started to ship our stock location intercoolers with the revised bracket. All orders that have been shipped since the middle of june include the correct bracket and the intercooler should line up correctly as designed.

For anyone that has one of the older brackets and wishes to purchase a new bracket, we will be selling them at our cost ($10.90 + shipping). We have these brackets in stock and ready to ship.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

precision turbo & engine
219-996-7832

if you guys knew about the problem i was feed a bounch of chit when i called in january . Harry's happy with this ? I spent rack time at one of my shops to fix a defective part i paid a trusted vendor for .. And it wasnt a cheap part to begin with . My point . I trusted what you told me patrick and thought it was my cars problem .. I will rethink my next builds vendors .. I want a vendor that does the r&d on thier parts & does not pass the fix on to thier customers ..

hello; Any one else have there up pipe (pipe from IC to throttle body) hitting there hood liner? I popped the hood and noticed the up pipe had a ware mark on it. I loosened a clamp and gave the pipe some effort to get it into the connector more with no luck.
IBBY

hello; I got a feeling it's going to be like that as the pipe cumming out of the TB is nice and straight and to get it to clear the liner would not be right.
What does the government think of getting a screen in the shroud to protect the IC?
IBBY

I just installed one on a car. The bracket lined up good but I do have concern that it may be a little weak for the job. Time will tell.

:biggrin:

Mine began to crack along one of the bends after a while. I pulled it off and made a new one out of heavier gauge aluminum and adjussted the holes for a better fit.

this is extremely frustrating when a vendor know something is wrong and will do nothing but charge us more to fix it, even when they can admit it is the wrong part. I've spent the last 3 hours installing my PTE SLIC that I bought in December, and that passenger side bracket is not even close to what needs to be there. I didn't spend $800 expecting to have the wrong parts sent. Then to slap us in the face with another $10 for the right part???? Do the right thing and send out the new brackets on an exchange basis.

I got the same BS awhile back with a downpipe....oh sorry you might have to beat the crap out of it with a hammer and cut your floor pan seams to make it fit....well if you'd just bend it right in the first place, this wouldn't be needed.

OK, I think I've vented enough......I'll probably get banned for this, but it needed to be said. I understand when modifying cars that some things may need to be tweaked, but that's not really an excuse to knowingly send out the wrong stuff.

i got a very nice, used PTE SLIC from someone on this board. i had to fab the passenger side standoffs that hold the pass side bracket and get a longer h20 bolt because previous owner no longer had these (this was known prior to completing sale).

Anyway, I know i got the bracket height located properly because this is determined by the engine block holes. With the SLIC level and lined up with turbo outlet and drvr bracket, the passenger side bracket only lines up with the bottom IC stud to top bracket hole. I cannot get both studs to fit on the bracket unless i tilt the IC down 2" on the passenger side. the bracket has to be angled when doing this, and the whole set-up looks messed up.

Interesting thing is that previous owner did not recall any problems with positioning, but he did say the turbo had to be tilted down quite a lot to line everything up. i did not think this should be necessary, so i run it with only one IC stud bolted to the bracket. not ideal, but works, is lined up correctly with everything else, and seems pretty secure in engine bay.

I think i'll fab my own bracket at a later date with the IC stud holes approx 2" higher.

yea i regret getting rid of it now.... front mount + 97* heat it hovers at 185* even with huge alum rad and dual spals. may may swith back..