How fast with off center Stage II's???

1BAD81BU

So how fast have you guys been with off center Stage II engines? What was your combo? Did you use the Stage II heads or GN1's? Later on, Nick.

dan strenzo = 8.69 @ 158 mph
jack cutton = 8.90 @ 154 mph
cal hartline = 8.57 @ 157 mph
roy garcia = 8.89 @ 154 mph

ET update

Thanks for the plug but we went 8.67@161.38 and 8.61@160.13 at the
Midwest Buick race in Sept.

The ones mentioned above were all GN1 headed. As far as Stage II headed off-centers I'm pretty sure Bill Anderson at one time ran some 8.20's in a 3400lb backhalf Buick with a twin turbo Stage II headed off-center motor and if I remember correctly Scott Winsett/Jay Carter ran somewhere in the high 7 second area with a 3000lb backhalf Buick that had a twin turbo (twin 67GTQs if I recall) Stage II headed off-center motor. I believe this is the car that SGRIM purchased recently.

Thanks for the response guys! I'm trying to some ideas for my off center build. I want to run 9's on pump gas if possible. Later on, Nick.

Not that it makes a difference BUT I think all these guys are using on center blocks with the exception of maybe Roy. I had heard many times the limit of an off center block was 1000hp and that is simply not so. I have NEVER seen an off center block fail due to the structural integrity of the block. The rod bearings are side loaded a bit as well as the pistons but nothing to worry about. I went 8.20s at 168 @3400# quite some time ago with twin turbos (and old technology:D ). We have another customer who has 2 Off center blocks and has run 8.57 at 159 with one and 8.64 at 157 with the other at 3500# plus with Champion heads. The 8.57 engine had well over 300 passes on it with at least half of them in the 8's and it finally spun a rod bearing

John Gallina's original engine tha was in the blue car that went 7.50s was a 3.8 off center twin turbo

Scott Winsett with 8.06 lifting with a 4.1 off center.. ran 4.96 in the 1/8th under full power.

Not that it makes a difference BUT I think all these guys are using on center blocks with the exception of maybe Roy. I had heard many times the limit of an off center block was 1000hp and that is simply not so. I have NEVER seen an off center block fail due to the structural integrity of the block. The rod bearings are side loaded a bit as well as the pistons but nothing to worry about. I went 8.20s at 168 @3400# quite some time ago with twin turbos (and old technology:D ). We have another customer who has 2 Off center blocks and has run 8.57 at 159 with one and 8.64 at 157 with the other at 3500# plus with Champion heads. The 8.57 engine had well over 300 passes on it with at least half of them in the 8's and it finally spun a rod bearing

I wouldn't have guessed it was a off-center motor.

Wrong Again !

Maybe Dan meant we run an Off-Center Block. Engine was originally built for me back in 1997.

Could be other things wrong?

Joe

Hey Billy your old engine has a pair of t 72 with a liquid to air cooler if all goes right it might make 7s this time around. I need to talk to you about some stuff ill give you a shout soon .Laz