how far will 160# injectors go on e85?

nonosv6

Just wondering how fast 160# injectors will go. Stage 2 motor billet 74 mm turbo with all supporting accessories.. I don't even know if the injectors I have would be able to run e85. They are bosch injectors. Just pondering the thought of goin e85 ,thanks Joel

And what fuel pump are u using? Right now I have a weldon 2015b with -12 in and -10 to the rail...can u use the champion aluminum rail or no?

nonosv6 said:
Just wondering how fast 160# injectors will go. Stage 2 motor billet 74 mm turbo with all supporting accessories.. I don't even know if the injectors I have would be able to run e85. They are bosch injectors. Just pondering the thought of goin e85 ,thanks Joel

Cal stated 120# will go in the 9s with a good tune. So 160# you will be pretty safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

I'be been in the 7's with e-98 and 160's

Im hoping to sneak into the 8's this year w/ the Smartfire 160's...see what happens! I have a pretty stout fuel pump that should help.

Firechaser said:
Im hoping to sneak into the 8's this year w/ the Smartfire 160's...see what happens! I have a pretty stout fuel pump that should help.

What pump are u using? Why's ur setup?

I've got a cell in the trunk that feeds -12 between the cell & pump inlet...Weldon 2035, -10 exiting the pump splitting to dual fed -8's close to the motor feeding the rails. The pump seems to have a lot of flow, had to turn the regulator down a lot to maintain base FP ( -8 return ). Hoping it all works smooth when pushed.

Gabby Rojas has been 9.35@144 so far on his simple fuel system, TT chip, and stock crank. Double pumper if I recall correctly

Rafs-T-Type said:
Wow...I can't say I have heard of anyone on a mechanical. Nice work!

Have u seen wut the mechanical pumps put out? A lot, can't think of the number right now. Was the 7 sec pass in a full weight regal? I would think not ,but....

Ok thank-you for that info , I thought I might have to upgrade the pump . I guess ill see how things go when I get close ..

My $.02...based on your build, the E85 consideration coupled w/ 160/lb Injectors....it may benefit you to go after a Weldon 2035 (what I run personally). They are out there fairly reasonably used and will allow a lot of growth in the event you keep pushing things on E85.