how do you drive your car

Thanks, nobody got hurt,thank god. Just a little bump on the head. Just had car painted 2 weeks earlier,now starting all over.
That sucks. I got my car back together, rebuilt engine and Trans and I put a big scratch in the rear quarter panel. Only had my car back for a week. However, I won't make such a big deal after seeing what happened to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interstate driving isn't as enjoyable to me, except for the on ramps you mention <grin>. I haven't done too much of it, from what I recall 80 is pretty smooth, 85-90 there are some shakes (not sure if it's me or the car haha). When I am cruising I try to head toward rural areas like you, curvy roads or ones with elevation differences are my favorite. On those rural roads there is generally less traffic and opportunities to pass slow moving haulers. That is when I let the turbo sing. Generally speaking from a light I don't 'get on it' either. If someone flashes me a thumbs up I will give it a little extra to give them a grin, but usually under 5psi on the boost. I do love that turbo whistle though.

I do think our cars ride like no other and I drive mine any time the weather allows.

Along the same topic of this thread I recently learned, after blowing out my second gear, that driving with higher boost should be reserved only for WoT. I thought I was 'babying' my car by never opening her up 100% It turns out, that while i might have been babying my engine, without WoT the transmission valve train doesn't open up fully, and it puts a very hard strain on it. My car runs 18psi, but I would go 3/4 throttle and do some 12-15 for passing. So I was beating on my trans. Not sure if anyone else heard that, but figured I would share.
I was talking to my body guy, who is also a muscle car enthusiast. He said the same thing to me, once you break the Trans in properly after a rebuild get on it. I have been babying mine and it has a rebuilt engine and Trans, to handle more power, yet I drive much slower than when it was stock. When it was stock, I jumped right on it the day I got and never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, well.....I'm going to stop whining and start getting some much needed work done on both cars when it gets a little cooler around here.....best way to do it, and it does work, is just "don't worry about it, just do it!"

Got most of the stuff that needed to be done around and in the house finally....sure...hurts like hell.....well, too bad, Brucie Boy, life hurts sometimes.....just get it done.....hurt later! Life is for living,not whining.

Just from reading all here about you guys driving your high powered Buick black jets (and other colors, too) has given me a little "omph" to start getting my work in order.....I've been missing the high power screams of the engines, sidepipes, (Vettes only) and the whoosh of the turbocharger when the thing kicks in.....plus, the Grand National, Turbo Buicks are the most handsome cars ever made......it's having your cake and eating it, too. I was always so proud to drive that car all the time.....it's just BOSS! All of them are.

I'll get started soon.....a little shot in the arm with your stories is what I needed. I don't want to die and leave the Grand National and Vettes to my wife's next boyfriend!:eek::LOL:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Yeah, well.....I'm going to stop whining and start getting some much needed work done on both cars when it gets a little cooler around here.....best way to do it, and it does work, is just "don't worry about it, just do it!"

Got most of the stuff that needed to be done around and in the house finally....sure...hurts like hell.....well, too bad, Brucie Boy, life hurts sometimes.....just get it done.....hurt later! Life is for living,not whining.

Just from reading all here about you guys driving your high powered Buick black jets (and other colors, too) has given me a little "omph" to start getting my work in order.....I've been missing the high power screams of the engines, sidepipes, (Vettes only) and the whoosh of the turbocharger when the thing kicks in.....plus, the Grand National, Turbo Buicks are the most handsome cars ever made......it's having your cake and eating it, too. I was always so proud to drive that car all the time.....it's just BOSS! All of them are.

I'll get started soon.....a little shot in the arm with your stories is what I needed. I don't want to die and leave the Grand National and Vettes to my wife's next boyfriend!:eek::LOL:

Bruce '87 Grand National

I'm headed to Bowling Green for the first time ever next week. I'm hoping to find at least the middle to upper half of the pack in TAI. Maybe that will help inspire you.

I'll take lots of pics and get as many videos as I can .

Stay positive!

Uplifting! Thanks. Lucky guy....Bowling Green! TAI? Say what?

Man, I wish I was going there....glad for you.....soak up all you can....pick as many brains as you can......take pictures....make Ansel Adams proud! You're going to have a great time. Report back....love to hear about it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce '87 Grand National
Well I can my engine and trans rebuilt, hopefully next year I will be about to push it harder on the street and run it at the track.

It hasn't been driven in a month. Going to the hand car wash guy today, then all new stainless steel brake lines and fresh drag radials for BG. After that back in the garage under the cover till time to load up for BG. Little over a half a tank of C-16 ready to rumble in THS.

It hasn't been driven in a month. Going to the hand car wash guy today, then all new stainless steel brake lines and fresh drag radials for BG. After that back in the garage under the cover till time to load up for BG. Little over a half a tank of C-16 ready to rumble in THS.

You got my vote......it'll be great going to BG.....have a good time......enjoy yourself to the max!

(Meanwhile, I'll be here at home trimming tree limbs.....feel sorry for me yet?......guess not, neither does my wife):rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

I mostly city drive mine like granny,waiting for some punk to hunt me down. Then I'm all in.

I lifted the front wheels a few years ago to the 30 speed limit and got a ticket. A cop saw me. He pulled me over and said,laughing.."I don't know what went on back there at that light,but you can't do that." Ticket got reduced to parking.

I drive easy until someone picks me. The time has to be right. Otherwise I'm granny.

Lebanon Valley Musclepalooza!

I was there on Sunday. I left my GN at home in its garage. I wanted to enjoy walking around looking at all of the cars and watching races instead of being tied down.

That GN from Vermont went all the way to the finals. Then came a ZO6 that was a seasoned veteran and favorite. The Z06 driver might have been well known,but the crowd was all moans and groans when the Z06 got the win.

I saw 4 GN's and 5 T's there. Some were low-miles,all original cars.

I had a great time. I'll probably go next Sunday as well.

Hopefully the weather will be good for Sunday.

I'm might run mine during a track rental. That seems to be the only time to get a decent amount of runs in. Otherwise I'm driving like granny.

Last edited:
I get into boost in every tunnel and underpass, sounds awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lebanon Valley Musclepalooza!

I was there on Sunday. I left my GN at home in its garage. I wanted to enjoy walking around looking at all of the cars and watching races instead of being tied down.

That GN from Vermont went all the way to the finals. Then came a ZO6 that was a seasoned veteran and favorite. The Z06 driver might have been well known,but the crowd was all moans and groans when the Z06 got the win.

I saw 4 GN's and 5 T's there. Some were low-miles,all original cars.

I had a great time. I'll probably go next Sunday as well.

Too bad the guys at Wild Horse Pass in the Phoenix area can't figure out how to run a "run what ya brung" race.

Get there at 8:00 AM, pay $50 to run and "maybe" you will get 2 test and tune passes in by 5:00PM.

Real racers get screwed harder and drier.

The Native Americans that own the track and the lap dogs they let run the track are all worthless as tits on a bull. These guys wouldn't know how sell hand guns in a prison riot, no less run a drag strip efficiently.

No wonder rumor has it the track will close right after the NHRA race in February. I feel badly, but they've completely brought the inevitable upon themselves.

Tucson, now THOSE guys know how to run a track.

Sideways through the intersection...plus I love to make it dance in the rain

Sideways through the intersection...plus I love to make it dance in the rain

Anyone that decides to go from a dig will need to deal with a bit of a 20* right pitch off the line.... she's mostly reeled in by the other side of the intersection.:cool:

That "rain dance" you speak of worries me a little, but what the hell, it's your car....... drive it whenever you want....

Mine came down off the jack stands this weekend and got driven for the first time since I blew a head gasket in my stroker motor last November. I bought a stock long block off the board here a few months ago to put in the car while I am deciding which direction to go with my stroker. I finally finished it up and got all of the leaks fixed this weekend. Drove it about 40 miles dialing things in. Got my flex fuel sensor in and working. New trans pan and installed trans temp gauge. Got a new Alradco radiator and my overheating problems seem to be gone. Max water temp with ac on in 90 degree heat was 180. Max trans fluid temp was 180 as well. Had fun driving it even though I was taking it easy due to the somewhat unknown motor. Only hit 6 psi boost so far. Still fun to drive. I can't believe I let it sit for 10 months. My plan is not to do that again. Back to the OP I find that accelerating is the best part. Cruising at 75 is a little noisy with the wind and the vibrations (poly everywhere in my car). Perhaps I have just gotten wussified from driving my 2014 Tahoe every day.

Aside from sportbikes, diesel trucks and the usual bolt-on camaros and mustangs Im having a problem with asians in mega-dollar GTR's wanting to race me lately. i dont usually race on the street because i have a CDL but these cowboys are fearless and have really deep pockets! Crazy part is these guys are running ridiculous times/speeds at the track with zero safety equipment and are getting the boot. There aint much else out there thats street legal and driveable that will run with a built turbo buick!

Aside from sportbikes, diesel trucks and the usual bolt-on camaros and mustangs Im having a problem with asians in mega-dollar GTR's wanting to race me lately. i dont usually race on the street because i have a CDL but these cowboys are fearless and have really deep pockets! Crazy part is these guys are running ridiculous times/speeds at the track with zero safety equipment and are getting the boot. There aint much else out there thats street legal and driveable that will run with a built turbo buick!

:D:D:D