How Do I Mount Precision Front Mount?

86BLACKT

I am getting ready to mount a Precision Front Mount. How does it mount? Is there a kit? Any help is appreciated
Rich

read the instructions that come with it or look at some pics on this site or i can send you some

First test fit the intercooler behind the grill. The bottom portion of the grill has to be removed in order to get the intercooler in there. Once thats been taken off, center the intercooler as best you can on a jack or have a buddy hold it in position. Put on you intercooler pipes and see how well it lines up to the intercooler. If they lline up good. Look at the top of the intercooler where the 2 mounting bolts go. Take your measurements and drill the 2 holes in the upper rad support for the mounting bolts to the intercooler. After you drill it, bolt the intercooler into position with the bolts. Then put back on your intercooler pipes, and thats what secures everything into place with no movement. After that, go get a nice cold beer and relax, your done.:tongue:

First test fit the intercooler behind the grill. The bottom portion of the grill has to be removed in order to get the intercooler in there. Once thats been taken off, center the intercooler as best you can on a jack or have a buddy hold it in position. Put on you intercooler pipes and see how well it lines up to the intercooler. If they lline up good. Look at the top of the intercooler where the 2 mounting bolts go. Take your measurements and drill the 2 holes in the upper rad support for the mounting bolts to the intercooler. After you drill it, bolt the intercooler into position with the bolts. Then put back on your intercooler pipes, and thats what secures everything into place with no movement. After that, go get a nice cold beer and relax, your done.:tongue:

these instructions would work on the old style pte front mount. the newer style uses pedestals that mount to the core support x brace holes.

these instructions would work on the old style pte front mount. the newer style uses pedestals that mount to the core support x brace holes.

:eek: My bad. If you have a newer version, retract my comments.:redface:

I bought off of the board and am going to try to fabricate pipes, so need to mount. I appreciate the help from everybody making a bad situation a little more bearable!!!

FIRST.......Remove the grill (three 10mm bolts) Use a real long 1/4" drive extension and a 10mm socket. (I use a 24" long extension). Use jack stands to support it. Fabbing tubes can be FUN! Use mild steel mandrel bends and paint it aluminum, for a cheaper cost. The weight difference will make VERY little difference, but the cost savings will be SIGNIFICANT! If you have a TIG welder, then aluminum is great. Stainless is even easier to work with, but is real pricy.:eek: Have fun!

if you fabricate pipes, it would prob be better than the crappy pipes pte sells with their kits