How about a thanks to the vendors?

Devil Car

Need for Boost
I posted these same comments below in Bruce's Transmission Vendors read this post in the Transmission sections, but I wanted to post it here as well...

I don't frequently post on this message board or any message boards for that matter, but I've been on here for a long time and before that I was on the mailing list.

I can't believe how badly people have gotten on these message boards over the years. For the longest time, the Turbo Buick community was always about the "Going fast with class" motto. Of course there were always some rotten apples, but it seems as though the rotten apples are increasing in numbers. Other message boards generally had a lot more of the bad apples, but for the most part, the turbobuick.com board always seemed to be comprised of those that were intent on helping and weren't out to cause a lot of commotion.

The vendors we have in this community are amazing! Sure sometimes orders get messed up and incorrect charges get made, but the vendors are always willing to make things right. There's absolutely no reason that any person on this board should immediately post negative feedback about a vendor at the first inclination that something has gone wrong. When you sense that something is not right with your dealings with a vendor, contact them first. Give them the opportunity to make it right before you bad mouth them. There's no reason that anyone should make unjust claims against a vendor in a public forum when the vendor hasn't been given a fair chance to fix the issue. All you are doing by this is creating a negative issue for a vendor that is only out there to help the Turbo Buick community.

I'm not a vendor, but I know for a fact that these guys are not getting rich off of us. The only reason that any of these vendors are here is because they share the same love for these cars that we do. If we as a community continue to make negative comments about our vendors or complain about a few measly dollars increas in a part, we will likely find ourselves without vendors that cater to us.

Do you really think that we can all get by doing business with the big name companies like Summit, Jegs, Napa, CSK, etc.? They aren't going to go out and make specialty products for a car that hasn't been made in 20+ years, and they sure as hell aren't going to give us they type of support that any one of our vendors is willing to give us.

Rather than bashing our vendors, let's all stand up and applaud them for all of the hard work that they do for us. And let's make damn sure that they know just how much we all appreciate them.

I for one would like to thank all of the vendors. Whether I've done business personally with you or not, I appreciate everything you do for our community!

-Craig Kolb

Havent dealt with everybody but for the ones i have id like to say THANX to ..... Jason Cramer, Jack Cotton, Michael Licht and Family, Russ Merritt, Buick From Hell [Kevin], Turbo Regal Custom Parts [Mark Hueffman], Brian Weavy:D :D :D THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU if i only had more money.......... youd hear more from me... LOL:eek:

thanks

i would like to say thank you to bruce,gbodyparts.com,caspers,nick micale,
racetronix, seturbo, nothing but great service and products from these venders. :biggrin:

o i forgot to add kirbanperformance, Razor, Turbo Tweak, and buickgn.com

HOOOLLLLLY CRAP i cant believe i forgot JULIO:eek: :eek: d'oh!!! A thousand pardons sir and two GIANT THUMBS UP TO JULIO DON and ALKY CONTROL!!!!!!!:eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: to one of THE GREATEST, KINDEST VENDORS WE HAVE.... and he beats up on his own car too!!!!

HOOOLLLLLY CRAP i cant believe i forgot JULIO:eek: :eek: d'oh!!! A thousand pardons sir and two GIANT THUMBS UP TO JULIO DON and ALKY CONTROL!!!!!!!:eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: to one of THE GREATEST, KINDEST VENDORS WE HAVE.... and he beats up on his own car too!!!!

I love ya too.. in a non-gay kinda way :D

Man he's like one my very first customers.. I always remember those that have believed and trusted in me.

Man he's like one my very first customers.. I always remember those that have believed and trusted in me.

hahaha... that was pretty funny.... ya'know you aint so bad yourself... LOL:eek: ... but truthfully - the CORN Bros. spread Alkycontrol like the gospel.... it is by far the GREATEST mod i have done to my car in the 8 1/2 years i have owned it - and it even saved my car....[do a search if you wanna know how] Julio - always a pleasure - Thanx- Aaron

id like to thank gbodyparts.com, RJC racing, Razzor, Bob Bailey, Mike and Marianne, Buickgn.com,and Bruce at PTS all my buick brothers ..keep up the great work..

I have used several vendors that had seamless trasactions. Racetronix, Full Throtle, Precision, Jack Cotton, HR Parts. I would use any of those again and recomend them to friends. :cool:

A big thanks to Dennis Kirban,Champion Racing, Racetronix, Red Armstrong, G-Body Parts, Accufab, RJC and SMC Enterprises, White Racing and Marine, And all of the others that have made owning this car a reality.

I would also like to thank Budweiser and Alkaseltzer for those looong build nights and looong mornings when I realized I was too drunk to work on a car the previous night. ( also Lays potato chip company and DOUBLE DAVES!)

I gotta thank Hartline Performance, I cant begin to tell you guys what they do and have done for me.
Along with F.A.S.T.Razor,Hr Parts,Champion,Caspers,Etc......

yea. we are dam lucky. sure, we dont have the selection that mustangs have but, then again we dont NEED their selection, as it dont take that much to get where we want anyways! but what we do have, is a smaller community, and i think its better that way. I tell my girl "look here, look at that guy, he just talked to a customer DIRECT" speaking of nick micale on that certain post. she says 'whos nick micale' I say, ' you dont know who nick micale is??' I tell her, 'you know who mario andretti is in racing? thats mario andretti in the turbo buick world' I try to get her to understand, that the very guys making and selling these parts, and working on them every day, are these guys right here. That would be like you LOVING nascar, and belonging to a nascar board, and asking dale earnhart jr. 'what do you think of this tire' or like me, (a baseball fanatic) asking the tigers pitcher bonderman, "what sort of batting glove do you prefer?"
You dont get that anywhere else from what Ive seen. Noone supports their own stuff like these vendors do. I mean, theyll actually TALK TO YOU.
Call summit, and ask him questions like 'how come my part didnt arrive in a week like you said" or "whats the trick to tunin this thing?" Yea right. You'd have better luck praying to god, and getting him to send an angel down with a hand written note, than to have that momo that answers the phones at say jegs, to answer a real car question... We got a good thing going here. Thank you very very much for the great sales that are keeping our old rare cars on the roads..... Without you guys, we'd be SCREWED. You guys could very well jack up the price on a downpipe, to 900 dollars KNOWING full well we couldnt do anything about it, cuz where ya gonna find a downpipe for a turbo buick at. ramchargers? detroit speed shops? good luck. but you guys dont. you keep it real, and we thank you for it.

Tony in Detroit

yea. we are dam lucky. sure, we dont have the selection that mustangs have but, then again we dont NEED their selection, as it dont take that much to get where we want anyways! but what we do have, is a smaller community, and i think its better that way. I tell my girl "look here, look at that guy, he just talked to a customer DIRECT" speaking of nick micale on that certain post. she says 'whos nick micale' I say, ' you dont know who nick micale is??' I tell her, 'you know who mario andretti is in racing? thats mario andretti in the turbo buick world' I try to get her to understand, that the very guys making and selling these parts, and working on them every day, are these guys right here. That would be like you LOVING nascar, and belonging to a nascar board, and asking dale earnhart jr. 'what do you think of this tire' or like me, (a baseball fanatic) asking the tigers pitcher bonderman, "what sort of batting glove do you prefer?"
You dont get that anywhere else from what Ive seen. Noone supports their own stuff like these vendors do. I mean, theyll actually TALK TO YOU.
Call summit, and ask him questions like 'how come my part didnt arrive in a week like you said" or "whats the trick to tunin this thing?" Yea right. You'd have better luck praying to god, and getting him to send an angel down with a hand written note, than to have that momo that answers the phones at say jegs, answer a real car question... We got a good thing going here. Thank you very very much for the great sales that are keeping our old rare cars on the roads..... Without you guys, we'd be SCREWED.
You guys could very well jack up the price on a downpipe, to 900 dollars KNOWING full well we couldnt do anything about it, cuz where ya gonna find a downpipe for a turbo buick at. ramchargers? detroit speed shops? good luck. but you guys dont. you keep it real, and we thank you for it.
Thanks for all the advice, and good sales from bruce at aggressive auto, kirbans, postons, precision, racetronix, rjc racing, and anyone i may have forgotten.

Tony in Detroit