HOT ROD Power Tour 2010 IA to AL

I'm ready, took the car for a drive today to see how it would handle in the rain with Nitto DRs. Found out my ac compressor is toast so I'm doing the tour with no a/c. :rolleyes:

4661895982_8b1f0b9dbd.jpg

I'm ready, took the car for a drive today to see how it would handle in the rain with Nitto DRs. Found out my ac compressor is toast so I'm doing the tour with no a/c. :rolleyes:

4661895982_8b1f0b9dbd.jpg

lol.... dont worry i've done the tour 4 times with no air............ just drive faster........:D

no air here either--heat only box

Yeah, no air is okay until it rains and you have to roll up the windows.

Blower wouldn't run on high untill today--got that fixed. 10 gallon of 110 octane fuel and I'll be ready for Tuesday nite @ Beech Bend. If $ pit stay together--head for Tenn. Wednesday morning. Couple TRs coming in from Bama--one from Ohio and maybe couple local. When you guys get started --let me know (if possible) what time you arrive @ the next town. Wondering when cars will start to show in BG.--Lee

So I wouldn't want to see you guys bend a buick later on down the tour, so the coldies will probably be Iced Tea and Cokes but I'll tell you want I'll do. Since I can't go if any of my buick brethren wants to make an unofficial tour stop in Lacey's Spring, AL. I'm cooking Ribs and Boston Butt for Memorial Day anyway. We'll reheat some smoked ribs and have an unofficial Turbobuick.com Lunch Stop.

So I clearly can't read directions you get on 231 only about 20 miles from birmingham. YOu don't go past my house a lunch stop would be a little out of the way

Super sad !

Hi. I will be coming from St Louis.. leaving about 8-9am... planning to join the tour in Du Quoin, IL and hopefully take it all the way to Mobile. Anyone else coming from Missouri ??

Picked up my car today... was nice to it for afew hours... then it died... Its back at the shop and gone are all hopes of me being on the tour. SO VERY VERY UPSET !

Hope'n to still get up to the MidWest Meet Aug 14th.

There nothing more depressing than seeing your GN hauled off backto the shop. :(

Leaving for Springfield in 7 hours!!!

Looking forward to taking off early Sunday morning for Springfield. I am about 3 hours south of there. I will be going to Springfield, Duquoin (13 miles from my house and home to Street Machine Nationals 86-95) on to Bowling Green and maybe Chattanooga. My two boys ( 9 and 12) will be going along for a first time HRPT. They are still awake now all "revved" up for it!!! :biggrin: Hoping to see and meet some of you there!

Attachments

• xxxxxxxxxx 027.jpg
    xxxxxxxxxx 027.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 157
Blower wouldn't run on high untill today--got that fixed. 10 gallon of 110 octane fuel and I'll be ready for Tuesday nite @ Beech Bend. If $ pit stay together--head for Tenn. Wednesday morning. Couple TRs coming in from Bama--one from Ohio and maybe couple local. When you guys get started --let me know (if possible) what time you arrive @ the next town. Wondering when cars will start to show in BG.--Lee

See you Tuesday Leo...Should hit BG around noon. Call you when we get close.

Looking forward to taking off early Sunday morning for Springfield. I am about 3 hours south of there. I will be going to Springfield, Duquoin (13 miles from my house and home to Street Machine Nationals 86-95) on to Bowling Green and maybe Chattanooga. My two boys ( 9 and 12) will be going along for a first time HRPT. They are still awake now all "revved" up for it!!! :biggrin: Hoping to see and meet some of you there!

Very nice/clean car Kent.:cool:

I saw 5 gn's. Kent and Royal T Ltd had the nicest of the Gn's I saw?? Good to see you Aarron car was looking awesome:cool: Lots of cars. I was there early and they kept driving in the whole time. I had to get back to the man's cave where the Atomic Gn was waiting.

Tony,
Thanks for the compliments. Did Duquoin today! There was quite a few more GNs there today than at Springfield! I am going to say 12 to 14, maybe more. Off to Bowling Green tomorrow. Duquoin is good, it is only 13 miles from my house :) Take Care, Kent

Tony,
Thanks for the compliments. Did Duquoin today! There was quite a few more GNs there today than at Springfield! I am going to say 12 to 14, maybe more. Off to Bowling Green tomorrow. Duquoin is good, it is only 13 miles from my house :) Take Care, Kent

Saw your stroker shirt today;) I had a motor similar to yours in the Atomic GN. I never really got to street drive it though. One of these days I would like to build a second hot street car:D First things first!

Help..on Power Tour and Ignition module out....

No parts in Carbondale IL...had to get towed to hotel....could use help locating a part and getting it to Carbondale Tuesday.

Phillip 8173008101

No parts in Carbondale IL...had to get towed to hotel....could use help locating a part and getting it to Carbondale Tuesday.

Phillip 8173008101

Phil did you try NAPA... they help out and can track down the parts and send it directly to your hotel or the venue.... they really try and cater to the powertour guys.....plus i PMed you.... let me know - Aaron

Tony,
Great to see you again..... thanks for the compliments.... and i cant wait to see your car out and runnin'.....

Wow, what a good looking guy. Glad to see you
it home safe. Be careful tomorrow.