HOT ROD Power Tour 2010 IA to AL

Well good thing thank PUNK AZZ had a small caliber and it just ricocheted or his dad could have been hurt or even killed.... WTF.... thats why i stay strapped and never trust anybody, always checking my surroundings and watching mirrors.......:mad::mad::mad:

Pics

I have a ton of pics, but here are a few for now.

4697364831_4d5e1beac2.jpg

4697346097_95bb56b64f.jpg

4697206632_14e2b33444.jpg

4696485751_f2e643847c.jpg

4673530809_a50a31533f.jpg

4673527841_4e14702c4d.jpg

4674140274_0a22b3c6d5_b.jpg

4658628748_1f7b544a01.jpg

I had a great time on the tour, great to finally met some members. I started in DuQuoin and went all the way to Mobile, AL... not quite a long hauler... but represented my local buick club... It was great to see Royal-T on a few stops... it was rough doing the trip alone without knowing anyone. I had friends coming from Ohio.. but their car broke before we could meet in DuQuoin. Overall...great time...great people... def doing it again next year and hopefully every year !

I bugged out on Friday morning and heard about this later in the day......

So sad......

Florida man killed in head-on collision | TuscaloosaNews.com

PM

I wasn't able to make this years' Power Tour, but when I saw this story I stopped thinking about "what" I missed. I began to think about this poor family and the loss of a man that sounds like a "TRUE" hot rodder. The thought that this man and his son were doing something that they both truly loved and were bonded by makes this horrible tragedy even more devastating.
The Power Tour is a Tour that is about comeradarie between the Hot Rod culture and more about the bonds between the people that love cars. Not only are there bonds made in this hobby, but the bonds between fathers and sons/daughters is something even more special. I know this first hand because my Dad and I have been on the '07, '08 and '09 Power Tour in my car. The memories will last a lifetime and never forgotten.
The saddest part of this story is that Jamey and Dalton Anderson were doing what they truly loved and for Jamey to be taken the way he was taken by a careless, ignorant, impatient driver because she was in a hurry is unfathomable. I hope she is given the maximum punishment for her actions.:mad:

RIP Jamey and God's speed! You will be MISSED!

FYI- Hot Rod Magazine will be setting up a fund for Jamey's (James) family. Watch for updates on HotRod.com

I wasn't able to make this years' Power Tour, but when I saw this story I stopped thinking about "what" I missed. I began to think about this poor family and the loss of a man that sounds like a "TRUE" hot rodder. The thought that this man and his son were doing something that they both truly loved and were bonded by makes this horrible tragedy even more devastating.
The Power Tour is a Tour that is about comeradarie between the Hot Rod culture and more about the bonds between the people that love cars. Not only are there bonds made in this hobby, but the bonds between fathers and sons/daughters is something even more special. I know this first hand because my Dad and I have been on the '07, '08 and '09 Power Tour in my car. The memories will last a lifetime and never forgotten.
The saddest part of this story is that Jamey and Dalton Anderson were doing what they truly loved and for Jamey to be taken the way he was taken by a careless, ignorant, impatient driver because she was in a hurry is unfathomable. I hope she is given the maximum punishment for her actions.:mad:

RIP Jamey and God's speed! You will be MISSED!

FYI- Hot Rod Magazine will be setting up a fund for Jamey's (James) family. Watch for updates on HotRod.com
Craig.... my thoughts exactly - couldnt have said it better..... Rest In Peace and God Bless All of Us in our future journeys.....

aaron

I wonder what phillip had to say about the four of us. I'm sure it was something good. We are such down-to-earth guys and I think we represented the Buick community well that night:biggrin:

Like I said, that first night/day on the Power tour was by far the best time I had. I'm really glad I got the chance to meet everybody that I did. If only I had the opportunity to find this site earlier, then I would have realized I actually met and talked to the one and only famous GNGAL. Despite the heat (which gets hotter in the summer), I think Mobile was actually the best stop. Maybe I'll get a chance to catch up with some of the T.F.W. when I go to the I.C in a couple weeks-hmm Vodka and Red Bull -better than I thought it would be.

Thanks to JD & Austin for there Help

Aborted the Long Haul 17 miles north of Birmingham, AL when I lost my mind and checked the O2 readings on my scanmaster @ WOT and stayed in it too long and blew the head gasket into the intake on No. 3 & 5. Stranded my wife 1800 miles from home in western CO.

Fortunately we were not on the exact route at the time. Several people stopped but not could help. Then Wes Ingram came by in his 87 Grey Turbo-T and got out two lawn chairs and called a friend with a tilt bed. They to us and the GN to Wes's home and Wes & his wife Virginia put us up and fed us from Thurs through the following Wed morning and helped me rebuild the top end. Joann & I experienced Southern and Christian hospitality and really know first hand how the Buick Community sticks together.

Also my thanks to Jeremy & Austin and friend with the Hot Air whose name we can't remember for there trouble shooting help and guidence during the rebuild.

We saw 14 or 15 Buick Turbo Cars on the Tour and next year the car will have 60 lb injectors to keep up with the TE-44 but will also spend the whole tour on the cruise control. No more full power runs or blown head gaskets.

Turbo Buicks -- easy car to work on!!!!!

Blessings to all that read this Forum - Jerry and Joann Gustin

Thanks to JD & Austin for there Help

Aborted the Long Haul 17 miles north of Birmingham, AL when I lost my mind and checked the O2 readings on my scanmaster @ WOT and stayed in it too long and blew the head gasket into the intake on No. 3 & 5. Stranded my wife 1800 miles from home in western CO.

Fortunately we were not on the exact route at the time. Several people stopped but not could help. Then Wes Ingram came by in his 87 Grey Turbo-T and got out two lawn chairs and called a friend with a tilt bed. They to us and the GN to Wes's home and Wes & his wife Virginia put us up and fed us from Thurs through the following Wed morning and helped me rebuild the top end. Joann & I experienced Southern and Christian hospitality and really know first hand how the Buick Community sticks together. We made it back to CO on Friday.

Also my thanks to Jeremy & Austin and friend with the Hot Air whose name we can't remember for there trouble shooting help and guidence during the rebuild.

We saw 14 or 15 Buick Turbo Cars on the Tour and next year the car will have 60 lb injectors to keep up with the TE-44 but will also spend the whole tour on the cruise control. No more full power runs or blown head gaskets.

Fortunately we were not on the exact route at the time. Several people stopped but not could help. Then Wes Ingram came by in his 87 Grey Turbo-T and got out two lawn chairs and called a friend with a tilt bed. They to us and the GN to Wes's home and Wes & his wife Virginia put us up and fed us from Thurs through the following Wed morning and helped me rebuild the top end. Joann & I experienced Southern and Christian hospitality and really know first hand how the Buick Community sticks together. We made it back to CO on Friday.

I can only assume I was the freind with the hot air....since I was the only hot air on the tour...I think....and I usually hang with a couple of goons named Jeremy and Austin....:biggrin: I think I can speak for the other two, in saying: We were glad to help, it was no problem at all. We try to do anything we can to keep another TR on the road. That's what being a Buick enthusiast is all about. Sorry to hear about the head gasket....but look at it this way......it was probably pulling hard and was alot of fun, right before she blew!!! :eek: :p Good luck, and take care. ----Keith :cool:

Jerry! Glad you made it home safely and also THANK YOU WESS!!!! Takes a heck of a guy to take on total strangers and a project for a week just becuase of their car! That is just really really awesome. I know Austin and I were already back home but once we heard of your blown headgasket, Austin's first responce was "Well lets go back to Alabama and help!" It was nice talking with you and your wife on the tour. Your wife mentioned you were contemplating selling the car but she didnt want you to. I hope this didnt make you want to sell it more. From talking to her, it's obvious you love the car and love working on it. Good luck with it, you have our numbers so if you need anything in the future, feel free to call anytime! Like Keith said, we love to keep a fellow TB brother on the road if we can! Take care! ------Jeremy

you are welcome, glad we could help. I am glad to hear that you were taken care of. what a great guy to help like that. hope you had a great time anyway. you think you will give the hrpt another shot next year?

60 lb. Injectors and Alky Kit is the next two Mods.

You guys will be hearing from me!

Thanks for you response and please say hi to Wes if you guys run accross him at a Buick meet or Drag Race.