Hot air on Stock block 11.14 @ 119.44

turbo6x2

10 second hot air
Yes you read that right, not intercooler and well tuned car ran the following timeslip last night September 15,2007 at Stanton Michigan temp 56 degrees
r/t .734
60 1.533
330 4.496
1/8 7.036
mph 96.5
1000 9.253
1/4 11.140
mph 119.44

Yes we are excited this has been a long time coming and well worth the wait, I backed that slip up with almost the exact same slip. Was trying to add fuel and for whatever reason the fuel table did not update. But we think maybe 10's on a stock block non stroked is very possible at this time.

WOW!!!:eek:

Jamie&Karl,
Glad to see everything has come around for you.
You both deserve this with all the hard work you have done!
Keep it up, there is plenty more season to go!!!!!

You had a great second half mph gain. The way you ran out the back door all you need is to get the first half of the track covered a touch quicker (& a little more mph ) and you are in the 10`s.
Brian Hofer

ps, WOW:eek:
pss, awesome 60 ft:biggrin:

Thanks Brian, I would say the transmission and converter combo are really helping the car excel and the tune is there. We've known this for most of the season just needed a nice cool day with low to no humidity to see where it would go. It's been a lot of work and lot of beating our head against the wall to find vendors to support our car but those who have been there many thanks. White racing was great, Lee Thompson was always a great inspiration and help. Mike Licth full throttle has always been there to help us with this set up and that's been very appreciated. Then finding an excellent transmission (Brian Hofner Transmission) that works has really helped. The california performance transmissions real Art Carr converter was a great choice as well. All in all it took a long time and finally is coming together.

This is a stock 3.8 block, crank, rods and trw pistons with ported heads and gasket matched intake and lots of tuning. I use H&R performance motor mounts, trans mount and rear sway bar on this set up. I have a stephs evac pump and electric water pump. In case anyone is interested.

Jamie

damn i wish i was there on saturday to see that run! i was there on wednsday and i was the lone buick! what all do they do on saturdays? test and tune, bracket...?

Stanton has it's regular test and tune Wednesdays and then at least one midnight madness per month on weekends, (used to have test and tune on Fridays too but not this year)The next test and tune is September 30th from 10 am to 4 pm. There is the GM Tech event from 9-4 on October 6th if your here in Michigan, this usually nets a few Grand Nationals running a bit faster then me.

Mid-Michigan Motorplex - Drag Racing

Here's their website if you want to look at the schedule.

Jamie

That is extremely impressive...

Glad to see the hard work is paying off, good luck going for the 10's

Jeff Harrington Jr.

That is extremely impressive...

Glad to see the hard work is paying off, good luck going for the 10's

Jeff Harrington Jr.
Thanks for the information at the Nationals that pointed us in the right direction for a convertor that I think is making a huge difference. The car is mph more then it ever had before and hooking off the line. Hope to see you guys at the m event running your car.

Hope the weather is cool for the M event now...:biggrin:

My turbo is a hybrid that Limited Engineering did a while back and the convertor is the real Art Carr (California Performance)3200-3400 non lock up on a Brian Hofner Transmission.

Thanks, I'm pretty excited the car ran so good.

Next using alcohol to cool the charge and see where she goes from there.

Jamie