10.91 @ 122.81 mph on a Hot Air

turbo6x2

10 second hot air
Anyone who knows the car knows this has been the goal since the beginning. I did it!

r/t -.277
60 1.55
330 4.454
1/8 6.927
mph 99.74
1000 9.085
1/4 10.919
mph 122.81

Not too shabby for having no intercooler

Sorry on first post was a bit excited about posting a 10 second slip
:cool:

I'm just glad I was able to do the pass with a group of great friends like the Michigan Grand Prix club. Thanks for the congrats and thumbs up. Of course I didn't get in 48 passes like you did but did manage 12 which was a great race day in my book.

:cool:

jamie congrats. i knew you would hit the 10's it was just a matter of time. 50 deg. eh. what was the elevation?

Good job Jamie!!

Toni and I can hear you celebrating clear over here!! I knew you and Carl were not going to be satisfied until you accomplished this.

A big congrats on the only stock block 10 sec hot air car I know of!!!!!

This was something I've wanted to accomplish since putting the car together. I guess Karl was pumping his fist in the air and shouting when I hit the new time. I would have liked to seen that.

You and Karl have a ton of determination. I bet he was excited. I am surprised Karl was not doing back flips. I know how bad you both wanted this to happen.

My hat is off to you for sticking to it and not surrendering to mounting an intercooler on that beautiful car.

Is it still a 200R4?

Jamie,
Congrat`s to both you and Karl.
I know it is been a long road to get here, and your perserverance has paid off big time!:eek:
You guys really deserve this, and I am glad you finished the year on an upswing!

Brian

It was a valve body issue and that's been resolved in the 200 that was the only thing that was swapped out and then it started to hit gears like it did last year. Now we are getting to understand transmissions a whole lot more then I wanted too, but that's not all bad. Yes this was a great goal to achieve and now on to the next one. LOL I guess Karl was jumping up and down and yelling yes and pumping his fists in the air. I almost wish someone had video taped his reaction. I know he was excited but then of course his next statement was now go out there and do it again. It will happen I'm sure. You have to love a nice cool crisp day in the fall. I can not find the elevation of the track on their site, I'll look around some. I know the air is a couple degrees cooler there then other areas because it's in the middle of a corn field and has open fields all around it. My favorite track by far. :biggrin:

You and Karl have a ton of determination. I bet he was excited. I am surprised Karl was not doing back flips. I know how bad you both wanted this to happen.

My hat is off to you for sticking to it and not surrendering to mounting an intercooler on that beautiful car.

Is it still a 200R4?
It's funny after you run a time like that how many people all of sudden want to look at your motor. Had a couple ask where my intercooler was and why I didn't run one, simple I don't need to. LOL

Congrat's Jamie !!

Ya, I knew it was only a matter of time. ( and $...and hard work...etc.) That is awesome. Intercoolerwhat?/ Huh?!!.....
Great job to you and Karl ! Would liked to have been there.

Al
TinMan Performance Products

Thanks I hope to see it run 10's a few times in 09. Now the long winter wait and thrash fest begin.

Jamie

Congrats guys. Who needs a intercooler??
jacksmileyll0.gif

That's correct, it would have been really cool to have done that at the M event, next year.