Ran my 140k stock as delivered from GM short block hard tonight

Who did it? Was it Tom? Any info on it?

It was done by the older guy (owner) of Champion. No facts to back it up..thats just what he told me. As a matter of fact he still has the shortblock at the shop. Nice pass by the way..thats flying.

I have been for a ride in that car and that thing feels every bit as fast as the numbers it pulled. Not bad for the cars 2nd pass...:eek:

I forgot to mention this car has never been trailered anywhere. I drove it 110 miles there and drove it back. Actually drove it 300 miles yesterday:tongue: .

Damn dude, did you have to rub salt in the wound!!!???
I just want to get my junk back to the track on day.
Congrats!!!

Damn dude, did you have to rub salt in the wound!!!???
I just want to get my junk back to the track on day.
Congrats!!!
I feel honored that your 6000th post was in my thread:biggrin: .

awesome run! was hoping to see it next wed at LVD. I'm gonna be there trying to crack a 10.9x with my PTC l/u

bison,congratulations on that pass,you have an excellent combo there with more on the table with the 60ft.that ptc seems to couple well up top,what kind of stall due you run?i see the track prep isn't what it could be but are you just riding the turbo out as it spools or do you feel the car is loaded enough on the launch?

bison,congratulations on that pass,you have an excellent combo there with more on the table with the 60ft.that ptc seems to couple well up top,what kind of stall due you run?i see the track prep isn't what it could be but are you just riding the turbo out as it spools or do you feel the car is loaded enough on the launch?
Is about 3100rpm at zero boost/vacuum. I had no idea what would happen on my first pass with the brake and said i would only make one pas with the stock bottom at 130+. Since i blew the tires of on the first pass i just took it easy on the second pass. The 3-4 lb launch netted a 1.59. I know it would have held 7-8 off the foot brake after the first pass was solid down low. If i went again i would have left harder. Probably 10 teens or high ten 0's. Thats on 22 degrees and 3600 lbs. If i could have done it over again i would have used a 29" slick, had the car about 100 lbs lighter, 24 degrees advance, and an 8-10 psi t-brake launch. More than likely would have seen 9.90-9.93@135 if the 60' was a 1.45-47. IF it stayed together.

cool hope my stock axles can handle 5lb t brake launches!
It will be a tight situation on the axles if it spools fast. it should take some low 1.50's without failure but you never can say for sure. Bring a spare pair of axles with you.

wed will be a perfect race night maybe a few more runs!! 9's :eek:
Not on this shortblock. If you have a girdled shortblock assembly i can borrow ill be over Tuesday night and we will pull mine and throw all the parts off it on the one you supplied. Then throw it back in my car. Then you will see 9's;)

:biggrin: ok
hows this if I blow up mine wed i'll be calling Bobby to build me a girdled shortblock :eek:

Get in line. Lol. He has 2 of mine right now. All i can do is wait. If you have a shortblock i suggest getting it there asap. That way its ready before you break yours.