Hot air 109 engine build

more images of the engine at the builders. The cometics came in today, and I got some additional items powder coated. The balancer was a truly beautiful billet piece, and thought that it needed clear coated in its original machined appearance. The engine should be coming to the shop soon. We have the engine rotating assembly internally balanced, correct end play on the cam, the cam degreed in perfectly. Roll master standard length chain was the correct length, which means Steve was able to get a good align hone without taking too much stock off. LS Coil came in for the TR6 and got that assembled to the bracket.

Attachments

• 20150105_160918_resized.jpg
    20150105_160918_resized.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 20150105_160930_resized.jpg
    20150105_160930_resized.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 20150105_174518_resized.jpg
    20150105_174518_resized.jpg
    920.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 20150105_180152_resized.jpg
    20150105_180152_resized.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 20150105_191121_resized.jpg
    20150105_191121_resized.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 144
$1750 for the following done to my engine

I believe this is a pretty good rate. Correct me if not

Align hone
square deck
bore .020
magnaflux then clean block 2x
recondition rods,,, (before we found out we would buy new ones)
Magnaflux 2 cranks (before we decided to go stroker)
New cam bearings
New rod and main bearings
New push rods
Misc head hardware
Champion Heads stripped down, inspected and cleaned a few valves cleaned up, then reinstalled, milled for RA.
Internal balance rotating assembly and make clearance if necessary for stroker crank
Degree cam
Engine assembly, complete.
Stripped and painted block
re-worked billet caps to mate new block

Now granted the only parts they supplied are the bearings, and the freeze plugs, push rods. I supplied

Head Gaskets 250, but free to me
Misc Gaskets all through the engine 100
Rotating assy 1650
Roller cam, lifters, springs, 625
SFI flex 175
Neutral balance harmonic 289
New old stock timing cover and water pump 325
Arp head studs and misc arp hardware throughout 150
Roll master chain 150

$5200, completely new 109 stroker engine??? Sound about right?

Intake, turbo, conveter . . . . add another $2500 or so. Sounds right to me.

A rotating assembly for one of these is only 1650? :eek:

In aus I paid 5k for mine for an l36 :( damn small market over here

Wow looks like he did you right!!! very fair o the pricing heard nothing but good things.I will give you my 2 cents on one item .?.?.After all that work i would get that gauge off that rail.Seen to many leak over the years .Cheap gauge on a vibrating engine spells fire.Are you running Power logger?you can monitor it on that for about 60-100 bucks and record it going down the track real time also custom name it on the screen

Go through all that effort and at the end of the day it's still a hot air car. That's passion right there.

FYI the push rods look a little short. Should have 2-3 threads showing on the adjusters.

Go through all that effort and at the end of the day it's still a hot air car. That's passion right there.

FYI the push rods look a little short. Should have 2-3 threads showing on the adjusters.
I'll check with the machinist but should be .030 prelold as recommended by Dave H

Wow looks like he did you right!!! very fair o the pricing heard nothing but good things.I will give you my 2 cents on one item .?.?.After all that work i would get that gauge off that rail.Seen to many leak over the years .Cheap gauge on a vibrating engine spells fire.Are you running Power logger?you can monitor it on that for about 60-100 bucks and record it going down the track real time also custom name it on the screen
Hey Bob.. yes I have a power logger. I asked a few times how to put the fp into the logger. Never could seem to get an answer. Help a brother out?

i can do that ill buy a inducer for you like i use i think it was around 50 bucks just run to analog 4 ground and 5 v ad program the perimeters
.also you can change the ini file to read FP, Fuel Pressure for short and long term names

you got it man, i need help in this arena as it is not my strong point. If you could figure out how to do trans temps as well that would be great. I have a VDO sensor tapped into the side of the Hughes Pan.

Well, yes..still a hot air. No offense to the IC crowd, but I feel if the engine that came with it is HA, it should stay HA. Plus, its alot more challenging