Horsepower TV at GS Nationals?

collector

Yes, it's a go! Joe Elmore and I had another conversation yesterday and he told me to absolutely cast it in stone that they will be there, and in fact were really looking forward to it. It's a given that they will be zooming in on a few cars and their owners. It may as well be you! Be there!

John Chamberlain
GS Nats director

WHAT not the "Two Guys" from Two guys garage?!?!!? What about Dennis Gage? On second thought, nevermind. :)

That is excellent news !!!

Many times I've wondered why the Nats don't get more coverage than they do. It's still a nice big event in a beautiful location.

GSCA should get TV Tommy Ivo to get out his 4 engine BUICK NAILHEAD powered 4WD dragster for some exhibition passes.

Originally posted by Nashty
That is excellent news !!!

Many times I've wondered why the Nats don't get more coverage than they do. It's still a nice big event in a beautiful location.

No chevys there.

HP TV

Anyone here know how to find Tommy Ivo? If so, have him contact me and we'll see if we can get him to the event too.

Joe Elmore is supposed to come out to my house next week to sit down and discuss the Nats, so at that point I'll have a better idea of which days they'll be there. I think it's safe to say that they will be there at least Friday and Saturday, but since they are based here where I live, only a hour away from Bowling Green, maybe we can have them there all week. I'll sure push for that. I sent him the video from last year's Nats to prepare him!

JKC

Re: HP TV

Originally posted by collector
Anyone here know how to find Tommy Ivo? If so, have him contact me and we'll see if we can get him to the event too.

Joe Elmore is supposed to come out to my house next week to sit down and discuss the Nats, so at that point I'll have a better idea of which days they'll be there. I think it's safe to say that they will be there at least Friday and Saturday, but since they are based here where I live, only a hour away from Bowling Green, maybe we can have them there all week. I'll sure push for that. I sent him the video from last year's Nats to prepare him!

JKC

The quad engine dragster used to be at the Peterson Musuem. You could start there.

Peterson Museum called back. They don't have it but he thought the NHRA musuem did. Their number is 909-622-2133. I'll try them later today.

Originally posted by collector
Yes, it's a go! Joe Elmore and I had another conversation yesterday and he told me to absolutely cast it in stone that they will be there, and in fact were really looking forward to it. It's a given that they will be zooming in on a few cars and their owners. It may as well be you! Be there!

John Chamberlain
GS Nats director

Great news John. Thanks for your hard work to get us some good publicity!

See you guys there.

Norm Day owns it, Greg (somebody - missed his last name) is curator of the NHRA musuem where it does indeed now sit. I left Greg a message. At some point, someone who actually is on staff at GSCA will have to contact them but I'll drive the issue as far as I can. Do you think the GSCA will pay to have it show up? Maybe Buick will??

I'll be glad to contact them whenever we get someone in authority there. Let us know..... thanks!

JKC