Hood Insulation Pads with the Silk Screened Logo

86 TR

Work In Progress
I see GM still makes the hood insulation but without the logo?? Hopefully someone could reproduce this part with the silk screening on it that shows the turbo 6 logo and says buick turbocharged. I see some places have the original GM pad and they want $400-500 for it!!!!!!!!!!

The pad that GM sells now isn't even molded. I'd still take a repro though. My OE pad has gotten pretty ratty.

Is that the correct term for the lettering/graphics on the hood pad? I know some people that do pinstripe and other graphics work out of their house. What do the regular n/a pads go for? If its possible to get done I might be able to get them to make one up cause I'm sure there's a high demand for these. Get me some more info-everyone wins if they can do it.

Add me to the list of potential buyers if its produced....someone cut a hole in mine under the turbo scoop....thankfully they didnt cut the hood also

There are many, many of us that could use an aftermarket pad. 20-21 years of sitting under the hood is rough on them.

hood insulation

ok guys i have talked to someone who can make these for us, the hood pads are brand new from GM the engraveing of the lettering is done by a heat process, ( i will have more info on that later) the pads look great! i have seen one of them on one of our members car, the guy who can make this, had no intention of making this for everyone but after chatting abit he has agree'd to make this for us, trust me guys he's a 100% buick guy. the pads are being made right now, the price is $275 here is the the problem guys, UPS put's it in the 90lb weight class :mad: , we will be checking with shipping companies ( i will help out with this) to try to find the least expensive way to ship.
i am posting the pics to show, the product and gage intrest. again i am not the one making the pads i will relay any questions or concerns.

Attachments

• hood pad.jpg
    hood pad.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,234
  • hood pad3.jpg
    hood pad3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,189
  • hood pad 2.jpg
    hood pad 2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,125
If you get some done in the next 3 weeks, I notice you are in south FL - maybe talk to Cal Hartline and see if he can bring a batch up with him to the Buick HP Nats in Columbus, OH where people could pick them up and save on the shipping.

I tried to ship a hood insulation pad through UPS and they wanted $125. I ended up using FedEX Ground Home Delivery, since they only charge you by the weight of the item and not the size. It ended up costing around $40 as opposed to UPS' outrageous fees.

I tried to ship a hood insulation pad through UPS and they wanted $125. I ended up using FedEX Ground Home Delivery, since they only charge you by the weight of the item and not the size. It ended up costing around $40 as opposed to UPS' outrageous fees.

fedex ground home delivery, sounds great BTW the lettering is bake'd on using heat so there's no peeling off like the original ones did, as far as the cal thing, there's alot of issues that have to be discussed first, but that's always a possibility, i will pass that along but the fedex thing is great.

Thank you.... Let me know as soon as you know anything......:biggrin:

to those interested, i know you are royal6, please post or pm me your zip code so that i can find out how much shipping will be to your area, i will be looking at fedex ground since i believe, PsYcHo GN said they were chargeing a reasonable amount. i will be passing totals along and yes to those who have been pm'ing me i am keeping a list as far as orders go.