Holy mother of gawd GINORMOUS RJC cooler..

wiked87gn

Banned
all i can say is WOW :smile: , this thing is nice, my hands still hurt fromwhen i picked it up this thing was so cold I think I got freeze burn when i took it out of the box, jason should put some sort off warning to wear gloves before handling, MAN talk about cold :eek: , here are some pics of it next to my bike enjoy, i cant wait to get it installed and see the difference it will make..

WIKEDGN..

Attachments

• Img0001.JPG
    Img0001.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 586
  • Img0002.JPG
    Img0002.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 471
  • Img0003.JPG
    Img0003.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 451
Nice...talk about huge. Does it fit easy? Do the intercooler pipes hit the dual fans? Thanks for the help.

Jason

yes it was polished when i got it, I dont know but i am thinking about giving it his own zip code, according to jason it does fit with the dual fans and the pipe hitting the fans wont be a problem, it set me back $935.00 to my door steps 3 days later after I placed my order (talk about fast service), its a really nice piece top notch work..measurements on it can be found on jason's site www.rjcracing.com i know this thing is worth every penny and more..

can you give me a measure, width of the inlet/outlet center to center. Thanks seeing if it will fit my 63'

Looks ALMOST the same as the Cotton front mount in the latest GMHTP in the 10-second TR article.

other than the fact that is is different in every dimension than any other front mount intercooler out there it is almost the same as them all ;)

Efficiencey isnt visual. I am not doubting the quality of RJC's products as everything else they produce has proven itself in the real world, I would just like to see some actual cooler testing (temps, pressure drop, etc). Im running 10.0's on a stock location intercooler right now which is smaller than just about every front mount out there. Based on this which is my personal experience, the cooler's size isn't everything. Im ready to buy a front mount and hope to hear some testing numbers soon so I can pick one. Now would be the time to test since spring is around the corner and so is the tax return.

chevyII said:
can you give me a measure, width of the inlet/outlet center to center. Thanks seeing if it will fit my 63'

over all width is 33.5" i can't really give you a center to center because the pipes are at an angle, it is "about" 26" though.

there has been some concern about how low this thing hangs down. the bottom of the tubes is even with the radiator core support and the tubes hang down 4.5" from there at the very bottom point. This is about the same as most front mount intercoolers.

325DR said:
Efficiencey isnt visual. I am not doubting the quality of RJC's products as everything else they produce has proven itself in the real world, I would just like to see some actual cooler testing (temps, pressure drop, etc). Im running 10.0's on a stock location intercooler right now which is smaller than just about every front mount out there. Based on this which is my personal experience, the cooler's size isn't everything. Im ready to buy a front mount and hope to hear some testing numbers soon so I can pick one. Now would be the time to test since spring is around the corner and so is the tax return.

I agree....

325DR said:

What???? you don't want a big shiny piece of metal behind your grille that costs a fortune and comes with no performance data???? Amazing that these things are even selling when vendors are going out of their way to ignore requests to provide data on them :confused: I know, how about we base it on who we think is the nicest guy??? or maybe a coin toss??? how about an ouija board??? call up a Pyschic???? Ah hell, just buy one, they are all copies of each other anyways :eek: at least then if you blow up your motor you'll have someone to blame other than yourself :eek:

Too many variants to come out and say this unit is better than other FMIC in the real world. You can use say the same car setup and see a difference,but that may not give you the performance on your buddys setup.Track cars will be different than street cars.Street cars will be different by add ons also, as well as area of country you live in,east west north south, time of year,country,city use.So make a nice looking product,stand behind it ,hope it sells,hope it works as good as planned on a wide spread of cars.

CARTMAN said:
What???? you don't want a big shiny piece of metal behind your grille that costs a fortune and comes with no performance data???? Amazing that these things are even selling when vendors are going out of their way to ignore requests to provide data on them :confused: I know, how about we base it on who we think is the nicest guy??? or maybe a coin toss??? how about an ouija board??? call up a Pyschic???? Ah hell, just buy one, they are all copies of each other anyways :eek: at least then if you blow up your motor you'll have someone to blame other than yourself :eek:

Yea, your right, Jason makes crap and would design a product that he hasn't tested and dosen't work....? Reputation says it all....! Someone needs the WAAAAABULANCE....! :(

SPOOOLINUP said:
Yea, your right, Jason makes crap and would design a product that he hasn't tested and dosen't work....? Reputation says it all....! Someone needs the WAAAAABULANCE....! :(

So is that a vote for the "nicest guy" category?

I wansn't singling out Jason but since you did lets discuss. So your reasoning is that because he makes high quality pulleys and oil pans that he is an expert on intercoolers????

Maybe you could share some information seeing as you know so much??? Let's start with who makes his cores and in what country, and what the inlet and outlet temp readings and pressure drop results were of the testing that you are so sure he has performed????

TIA

CARTMAN said:

I wansn't singling out Jason but since you did lets discuss. So your reasoning is that because he makes high quality pulleys and oil pans that he is an expert on intercoolers????

Maybe you could share some information seeing as you know so much??? Let's start with who makes his cores and in what country, and what the inlet and outlet temp readings and pressure drop results were of the testing that you are so sure he has performed????

TIA

Jason i think some testing needs to be done to cap this issue once and for all, go on and do some testing and post some numbers up this way your item will sell even faster than it already is, plus i would also like to see some numbers on the product i bought from you ;)..

CARTMAN said:

TIA

Funny that I don't recall seeing any numbers from anybody else's ic's when they came out :confused: Have you seen any numbers from, let's say PTE's front mount? Funny, neither have I. But alot of people are buying them up for whatever reason. Hell, I just sold mine to buy Jasons, I figure that if it's good enough for his personal car then it is damn sure good enough for mine. And not just because he's a great guy, it's because he makes damn good stuff that works and his fmic will be no different. But since you appear to know so much about intercoolers, please enlighten us.

DonnieShort said:
Funny that I don't recall seeing any numbers from anybody else's ic's when they came out :confused: Have you seen any numbers from, let's say PTE's front mount? Funny, neither have I. But alot of people are buying them up for whatever reason. Hell, I just sold mine to buy Jasons, I figure that if it's good enough for his personal car then it is damn sure good enough for mine. And not just because he's a great guy, it's because he makes damn good stuff that works and his fmic will be no different. But since you appear to know so much about intercoolers, please enlighten us.

Is he using one on his car?
He was/is using a CAS V1 and i asked him if he wanted to sell it and he said no.
People are getting wiser as the years go by and there is alot of intercooler choices out there at the moment or will be by spring time.
I do not understand why when someone asks for any test results it gets ignored :confused:
PTE's front mount has been on a ton of fast cars well into the 9s, maybe even the 8s so there is no reason for test results as members have already proven that it flat out works.
Personally i think it is wise to ask for results before you spend your hard earned money, you cannot assume anything these days!