Holy mother of gawd GINORMOUS RJC cooler..

ooooops 40+ degrees decrease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krom said:
ooooops 40+ degrees decrease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think i can live with that :). living here in california we can use as much cool air as we possibly can into this cars specially in the summer .

FWIW & IMHO:
Just like it says on the kids tee-shirt or p.j.'s, "God don't make no junk"
Well, neither does Jace, and I wouldn't even think twice about buying from him, even if the only known factor is that he is a nice guy. It's just not in Jace's character to be not nice, and it's just not in his character to manufacture, sell, or resell, anything that's not first rate. Period.

krom said:
I ran the new intercooler on my 11 second car this weekend. I used to see temperatures rise around 60 to 70 degrees with my V4. With the RJC I saw a increase of 22 degrees. At 21lbs of boost the car ran 11.1. I do not know if it is better than any other FM, and for my speeds I probably do not really need it but I have an addiction to spend money on my cars.

I was racing with Krom this weekend. My V2 was increasing ~40 degrees from launch to the traps. I'm at 21-22 psi.
I know I have a different combo, but he's pushing that little PT52 hard and my 70 p-trim is just getting started. I'm impressed with the RJC.
Dan

Krom,
I think you meant the V4 used to be about 60 to 70 over ambient at the end of the run and the RJC was only 22 over ambient, correct?
If so, thats pretty impressive IMO.

I won't be installing mine for several weeks. I'm concerned about engine temps though. I have a new radiator, but the stock fan. Do you think I will need to go to dual fans? Also, my K&N trans cooler is presently mounted on the crossbars in front of the radiator. Do you think I can keep the cooler sandwiched between the IC and the radiator? What experience has anyone had with engine temps?

DR.BOOSTER said:
Krom,
I think you meant the V4 used to be about 60 to 70 over ambient at the end of the run and the RJC was only 22 over ambient, correct?
If so, thats pretty impressive IMO.

correct

chrisgarrett said:
I won't be installing mine for several weeks. I'm concerned about engine temps though. I have a new radiator, but the stock fan. Do you think I will need to go to dual fans? Also, my K&N trans cooler is presently mounted on the crossbars in front of the radiator. Do you think I can keep the cooler sandwiched between the IC and the radiator? What experience has anyone had with engine temps?

You'll need dual fans with any front mount to keep temps in check.

DonnieShort said:
You'll need dual fans with any front mount to keep temps in check.

Correct dual fans and if you can get away with installing the rubber piece to direct the air through the intercooler and the radiator even better, i was seeing temps of 190 without the rubber piece i installed it and temps went back to to what they use to be 178/168 range and the fans are not staying on as long as it did without the rubber to direct the air through. a little trimming and it will fit just perfect.. :)

Cheeseburger said:
That my friend is false.

I tend to agree with mike here. I had the stock fan on my gn that I recently sold. It had a front mount and I never ever got it above 185, even in summer. I drove it to vegas from here in az and it maybe hit 200 degrees tops and then settled right back down. I was pushing it hard to make it get that high. :)

Big Stu said:
I tend to agree with mike here. I had the stock fan on my gn that I recently sold. It had a front mount and I never ever got it above 185, even in summer. I drove it to vegas from here in az and it maybe hit 200 degrees tops and then settled right back down. I was pushing it hard to make it get that high. :)

I also have to agree with Mike and Stu here. I never saw over 185 or so last summer with my IC, at the end of a run, which is actually much larger than Jason's IC. I typically ran in the 160's prior to making one of many low 9 and 8 second passes. I run a stock fan on high and a stock radiator.... :)

JCotton said:
I also have to agree with Mike and Stu here. I never saw over 185 or so last summer with my IC, at the end of a run, which is actually much larger than Jason's IC. I typically ran in the 160's prior to making one of many low 9 and 8 second passes. I run a stock fan on high and a stock radiator.... :)

Jack, I'm certainly not doubting you but could you clarify that? Are you saying that the fmic that you sell is larger than the one Jason sells? :eek:

Cheeseburger said:
That my friend is false.

Dual fans will keep temps cooler than the stock fan. That my friend is true. Normally I would agree with Jack but in this case dual fans will cool better than stock. I've seen too many instances where dual fans replaced the stocker and temps were amazingly lower with the duals. My car for example ran temps in the 190-200 range in the Central Ky heat and humidity with 2 different front mounts ( a V2 and PTE ) and the stock fan, switched to the dual RC fans and the temps don't get over 170 with the air on with either intercooler. Without the ac on it doesn't get over 162.