Holy mother of gawd GINORMOUS RJC cooler..

CARTMAN said:
So is that a vote for the "nicest guy" category?

I wansn't singling out Jason but since you did lets discuss. So your reasoning is that because he makes high quality pulleys and oil pans that he is an expert on intercoolers????

Maybe you could share some information seeing as you know so much??? Let's start with who makes his cores and in what country, and what the inlet and outlet temp readings and pressure drop results were of the testing that you are so sure he has performed????

TIA

:eek:

So in other words, No one wants any testing done on any intercooler except the RJC. You know it is funny how you can hide behind a keyboard never contributing anything to the buick comunity except critisizm and demand all kinds of research and testing.

We have done considerable amount of testing, probably much more than the other manufactures out there. I think that the ones on this thread demanding testing data only want it to pick it apart and again add more critisizm.

Testing an intercoolers efficency is not an easy thing. Some of you say you want numbers..... It is just not that easy. there is pressure drop and flow to look at as well as how well the hot air is distributed accross the intercooler's core, how much access the air hot air going across the core is cooled by the ambient air going accross it and what part of the intercooler is being cooled the most and the least. Air filter placement, turbo efficency, ambient temperature, boost level and air volume all affect this MAT number that everyone seems so eager to know. This number is really meaningless unless for some reason it is abnormally high.

the best way to really show an intercoolers effectiveness is comparison tests. This is why we are not so eager to get rid of the many different styles and brands of intercoolers that we have at our stable.

So far our testing concludes that our intercooler is at lease as good as the V1 PTE and the cotton. once you get an intercooler that drops the mats to within a maximum of 20-30 degrees above ambient it is difficult to determine what one is slightly better than the other.

We were doing a bunch of testing yesterday. sorry for those of you who could not get ahold of me then. In this latest test we tested how the intercooler performs on very cold atmosphereic conditions, it was 27 deg. during a 1/4mi pass on a car that runs consistant 124mph MATs at the end of the 1/4 were 39. The filter on this car is under the hood so the air entering the filter was aproximately 47deg.

Here is another frustrating thing that will happen, once we have completed our testing and post the results the same people that are demanding the testing on this thread will just say the tests were biased because RJC did the testing and totally disreguard any information.

RJC racing is an american company. The intercoolers are made here in Utah, the cores are bought from another well known american manufacture who makes them here in the US. Even the clamps are made here. You guys are digging pretty deep...

This is what takes the cake, I am actually being scrutenized for being so easy to work with and being a "nice guy"....

Cheeseburger said:
Is he using one on his car?
He was/is using a CAS V1 and i asked him if he wanted to sell it and he said no.
People are getting wiser as the years go by and there is alot of intercooler choices out there at the moment or will be by spring time.
I do not understand why when someone asks for any test results it gets ignored :confused:
PTE's front mount has been on a ton of fast cars well into the 9s, maybe even the 8s so there is no reason for test results as members have already proven that it flat out works.
Personally i think it is wise to ask for results before you spend your hard earned money, you cannot assume anything these days!

Sure the PTE has been on alot of fast cars, but when it first came out where were the test results? Nobody then knew it flat out worked.

I don't think twice about spending big bucks with the people I trust and thte products they make. Jason makes killer stuff, period. Case and point. I bought and got the first Translator Pro from Mike. Nobody but Mike and Bob had one on a TR. I have run their stuff for years without any problems ever.I believed in what they do so much that I put this new, untested by the masses technology on my brand new never fired motor. And guess what, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. It works better than advertised and I just so happened to have put 606.6hp to the rear wheels through it. The point is when you have a vendor that is trusted and makes great products I see no need for all this testing in this or that condition because they have already tested it to their satifaction on their own cars. Jason would not sell something to somebody that was junk or did not work as advertised.
So that being said, Jason I got mine in on Thursday and it installed in 10 minutes. It's drop dead gorgeous , fit and finish. Life is good! :)

I got my intercooler from Jason yesterday. Took 3 days. To begin, the packaging is great. It's pack so well, in quality boxes, that I think it's even UPS proof. Upon opening the boxes I was really pleased at what I saw. It' big and beautiful.
No, I didn't wait for scientific evidence on the performance of the intercooler. I too went on the basis of Jason's reputation for producing quality products. I've purchased a few things from Jason and they were all first rate. I know the IC will be too. It's not so much that Jason is a nice guy so much as the fact that he has always been a good businessman. I am confident that he will stand behind his products. I can't wait to hook this thing up. I guess I better put the engine and trans back in first. :)

I just ordered one of these intercoolers from Mr Cramer.I am sure it will be adequate for most of its users.

Jason,I would be more than happy to help you out by sharing my results with you on the ever so popular MAT question.Then you can do whatever you want with it.

Nothing like the hot and humid summers here in Texas to put an intercooler to a true test.

500' elevation too.

I think it will be an awesome peice in my combo,thanks.

It is safe to say that you have sold a bunch before testing them properly.
Thanks for clarifying.
Jason is there something wrong with wanting to have the best intercooler on the market before laying out the bucks?
Seems to me you feel certain people are picking on you because they simply do not call up and give a cc # without any information as to what they are buying other then its looks/size.
Is there a limit on the intercooler as far as hp?
I heard that your intercooler was tested on a car already, but suddenly the results were "personal", maybe you do not even know........
I am not knocking the product at all i just want to know what is best for me and my car with the current products available.
Guess i am just an a**hole for asking questions

Anyway "proof is in the pudding" buick guys buy things because there big and cheap without asking questions, who cares if it's efficient or not. :rolleyes:
Well good luck with your sales, i feel as if asking questions around "buick guys" is insulting and makes me feel like i am being an a**hole for wanting to know.
Donnie, did you buy the econo roller cam too because it was cheap and the vendor was a nice guy? :D

Cheeseburger said:
Thanks for clarifying.
Jason is there something wrong with wanting to have the best intercooler on the market before laying out the bucks?
Seems to me you feel certain people are picking on you because they simply do not call up and give a cc # without any information as to what they are buying other then its looks/size.
Is there a limit on the intercooler as far as hp?
I heard that your intercooler was tested on a car already, but suddenly the results were "personal", maybe you do not even know........
I am not knocking the product at all i just want to know what is best for me and my car with the current products available.
Guess i am just an a**hole for asking questions

Anyway "proof is in the pudding" buick guys buy things because there big and cheap without asking questions, who cares if it's efficient or not. :rolleyes:
Well good luck with your sales, i feel as if asking questions around "buick guys" is insulting and makes me feel like i am being an a**hole for wanting to know.
Donnie, did you buy the econo roller cam too because it was cheap and the vendor was a nice guy? :D

Testing really wouldn't be universal IMHO because of the difference in combinations,environment,etc.

Just because an intercooler works good on one car here doesn't necessarily mean it will have the same result on another car across country.

I did not buy my intercooler because it was cheap,or big.

Matter of fact,intercooler cores are not that expensive,it is the fabrication of tanks and piping that adds to the cost.

I would build my own if i could,but I can't weld aluminum and I don't want to spend the time...so I buy one.I buy the one i think is closer to what I need for a reasonable price.Nothing wrong in that.

Some intercooler kits are overpriced IMHO,but hey if you want to spend $1600 just to say you have a $1600 intercooler...be my guest.

Cheeseburger said:

No I did not, I knew better. Who said anything about buying something because it was cheap? $895 plus shipping is far from cheap, at least to me. Maybe you have that kind of cash laying around, but not me. It has nothing to do with somebody being a nice guy but it has everything to do with somebody that makes quality, performance giving products, and just so happens that he is a nice guy.

I have mine installed and as soon as I get my tranny freshened up, I will post my results versus the PTE of which I had datalog files on, MAT readings and everything.

DonnieShort said:
I have mine installed and as soon as I get my tranny freshened up, I will post my results versus the PTE of which I had datalog files on, MAT readings and everything.

Fair enough.

Cheeseburger said:
Thanks for clarifying.

Guess i am just an a**hole :D

No, as i have mentioned earlier we are not selling intercoolers that have not been tested, we have not posted the results yet but in every instance so far the mats have been within 25 deg of ambient. I would not sell something that i am not confident in it's performance.....

and thank you for clarifying...

I put in a PTE intercooler. I put on a TE-63E. I put on some Champion heads
Ran a 10.90. I never did get any numbers, flow charts or turbo maps. Damn those people who sold them to me.

Two years ago I put on some M&A heads, T66ptrim, V1 intercooler. I never did get any test numbers with these parts either. Ran a 10.07. Friggin vendors who don't give numbers with their parts should be shot.

Changed to a GT70GTQ and didn't even get a compressor map with it. Ran 9.98. Double damn the vendors. :rolleyes:

Jason, I'll phone you on Monday for one of your new un-numbered IC's.

All you guys with the FMIC need to post your current set ups your areas temp conditions,elevation etc,etc.Then install new unit under same or close conditions and post results.25 degrees above ambient is going to be hard to beat.Those numbers on a hot humid day would be impressive.Again everyones car will be alittle different in results.Testing done yrs ago resulted in big differences from say stock to upgraded stock to front mount.The builders of these units have done there homework,testing,trial and error work.Rjc is a proven vendor for these cars.Try one of those 400 dollar ebay FMs,turn the boost up and see how long it lasts.

Yes god damn it how dare i not run out and buy one.
Gee when i look back at the $10,000 plus dollers i blew on ****ty rebuilds/parts etc when i was starting out i guess i should not have learned anything and just continued on buying blindly and not ask any questions. :rolleyes:

Live and learn, and you will! :wink:

Asking questions is good,esp from an individual on some of these sites.Its a crap shoot.With a vendor,the odds are more in your favor.Would this new IC yield 2sec et improvement over say a Cottons unit?probably not.Be realistic on gains imaged,wait for feedback from other users.Buy want you can afford.

ChrisCairns said:
I put in a PTE intercooler. I put on a TE-63E. I put on some Champion heads
Ran a 10.90. I never did get any numbers, flow charts or turbo maps. Damn those people who sold them to me.

Two years ago I put on some M&A heads, T66ptrim, V1 intercooler. I never did get any test numbers with these parts either. Ran a 10.07. Friggin vendors who don't give numbers with their parts should be shot.

Changed to a GT70GTQ and didn't even get a compressor map with it. Ran 9.98. Double damn the vendors. :rolleyes:

Jason, I'll phone you on Monday for one of your new un-numbered IC's.

Yeah, how dare they sell you stuff to make your car fast, what is this world coming to? :D :D ;)

Cartman......you sound like the real cartman!!!!! crying about everything!!!

Race Jace said:
So in other words, No one wants any testing done on any intercooler except the RJC. You know it is funny how you can hide behind a keyboard never contributing anything to the buick comunity except critisizm and demand all kinds of research and testing.

We have done considerable amount of testing, probably much more than the other manufactures out there. I think that the ones on this thread demanding testing data only want it to pick it apart and again add more critisizm.

Testing an intercoolers efficency is not an easy thing. Some of you say you want numbers..... It is just not that easy. there is pressure drop and flow to look at as well as how well the hot air is distributed accross the intercooler's core, how much access the air hot air going across the core is cooled by the ambient air going accross it and what part of the intercooler is being cooled the most and the least. Air filter placement, turbo efficency, ambient temperature, boost level and air volume all affect this MAT number that everyone seems so eager to know. This number is really meaningless unless for some reason it is abnormally high.

the best way to really show an intercoolers effectiveness is comparison tests. This is why we are not so eager to get rid of the many different styles and brands of intercoolers that we have at our stable.

So far our testing concludes that our intercooler is at lease as good as the V1 PTE and the cotton. once you get an intercooler that drops the mats to within a maximum of 20-30 degrees above ambient it is difficult to determine what one is slightly better than the other.

We were doing a bunch of testing yesterday. sorry for those of you who could not get ahold of me then. In this latest test we tested how the intercooler performs on very cold atmosphereic conditions, it was 27 deg. during a 1/4mi pass on a car that runs consistant 124mph MATs at the end of the 1/4 were 39. The filter on this car is under the hood so the air entering the filter was aproximately 47deg.

Here is another frustrating thing that will happen, once we have completed our testing and post the results the same people that are demanding the testing on this thread will just say the tests were biased because RJC did the testing and totally disreguard any information.

RJC racing is an american company. The intercoolers are made here in Utah, the cores are bought from another well known american manufacture who makes them here in the US. Even the clamps are made here. You guys are digging pretty deep...

This is what takes the cake, I am actually being scrutenized for being so easy to work with and being a "nice guy"....

Very well said. No matter what you do or say your product will still be suspect. What good would testing numbers do on Jason's car when our setups are not the same??? Too many variables to give many different results. I am confident in my ability to tune and monitor my car vitals. A intercooler is not going to blow up my motor, I am. Just like when I bought my Precsion intercooler, I had faith and confidence in Harry and his products, he never let me down. There is no difference in the confidence and quality that I have in Cramer's parts. I run his pullies, girdle, powerplates etc. Jason is extremely anal, and if he is confident to sell, then i am confident that its a winner like the rest of the products he has. This is my opinion on how I see it, I don't care to change other peoples minds. His stuff works plain and simple.

I ran the new intercooler on my 11 second car this weekend. I used to see temperatures rise around 60 to 70 degrees with my V4. With the RJC I saw a increase of 22 degrees. At 21lbs of boost the car ran 11.1. I do not know if it is better than any other FM, and for my speeds I probably do not really need it but I have an addiction to spend money on my cars.

krom said:
I ran the new intercooler on my 11 second car this weekend. I used to see temperatures rise around 60 to 70 degrees with my V4. With the RJC I saw a increase of 22 degrees. At 21lbs of boost the car ran 11.1. I do not know if it is better than any other FM, and for my speeds I probably do not really need it but I have an addiction to spend money on my cars.

you saw in increase or decrease of temperature, decrease is what we want right?, not increase..

Race Jace said:

Very well said and I agree. Unfortunately, as long as there are atleast 2 people on earth, there will be controversy. If the intercoolers are crap (I'm 100% sure they aren't), the word will get out just like any other product that is sold. I plan to call you soon after I sell mine and get that monster regardless of whether people agree or not.