Hey, that's not a cod!

notacarlo

eggs are liquid chicken
9227347708_4862f66336.jpg
Took a day off last week. Went 35 miles off Montauk to do some mako sharkin'. 140 lbs, pulled him right up to the boat without a fight. Thought a bluefish had gotten the bait. Also caught a large blue shark. Dicovery and HD tv do no justice to how blue these things actually are. Stunning.

I changed this to a thumbnail as some people may be a little touchy about blood.

See what you could be doing when you come visit Charlie? Get Ty up here to with Ronnie and I'll supply the beer.

Nope, no fight. After all the hub-bub about how nuts these fish are.

I don't think it knew it was caught as it had taken the bait 30 feet from the boat. Once we got a tail rope on it, it woke up.

Not a big shark fisherman. Pulling something that would love to kill me with hundreds of teeth DIRECTLY at ME seems kinda Darwin Awardish. They tried a "bang stick" out for the first time. Fish didn't much care to argue with that though it did not pass off into the blue yonder until about 40 minutes later. Very resilient creatures. I'm happy with the tuna and striper.

I probably should have titled it differently because of blood. My bad and apologies.

See what you could be doing when you come visit Charlie? Get Ty up here to with Ronnie and I'll supply the beer.
Now that a nice offer Dan, but I think Ty might be looking for something a little more wooly.:eek:

Hey thats perdy kewl :D

And when you decide to bring the family down here I'll see about getting you into some redfish Ty.;) They've been stocked in Lake Whitney and several of the lakes around my area but we don't have any trouser trout for you to try and catch.:eek: :p:D

Dan, that's awesome......I love big water fishing. I have never caught a shark, haven't really tried to fish for one for the same reason you mentioned. Keep on keepin on. Should have let it drink a little of Charlie's wine, it would have died instantly.

Nice! Never seen a blue shark before. What kind of tuna did you catch? I try to get out as much as possible for tuna. Very addicting and relaxing.
Tuna trip 7-6-12.jpg

Ocean temp in So Cal is 70 deg right now. We're getting some big tuna, Dorado and other warm water fish. There's nothing like good fresh fish.:)

Mike B.

Depends on where you go Aj. You can fish off a jetty or pier and it won't cost that much, or you can get a chartered boat or party boat. Charters can get expensive and party boats usually aren't that bad but there's no guarantee that you'll catch something.

Any public, all aboard type fishing trip is a waste of $$$$. They mostly drive around the/a bay sight seeing. Get a couple guys and split a small charter, usually a 30-40 footer. If they see your there just to drink and sight see that's what you'll do. You may catch a couple. If you let them know up front that you are there for fish they will try to get you into some fish. Also the right time of the year for the right fish is very important.

You can't tell me you haven't barfed in the bait tank a few times Ronnie.:eek::p
Hell no..........but when someone does we try to get them to the side ....we call it poor mans chum..:D
O I take that back....was in Cabo for Sails/Marlin with a 5 am. hit the water time and we went straight from the bar to the boat. Bad move. We were on the back side of a hurricane fishing in 10&20s......real bad move.

Hell no..........but when someone does we try to get them to the side ....we call it poor mans chum..:D
O I take that back....was in Cabo for Sails/Marlin with a 5 am. hit the water time and we went straight from the bar to the boat. Bad move

LMAO! I knew it.:D And that's why I call them party boats.;)