Caught a WHALE yesturday!!! And I'm not talking about fat chicks!!

jdpolzin

Went out to my parents house yesturday to do some sanding on my 16 yr old brothers car and my other 13 yr old brother decided he was going to catch some fish out of the creek in the back yard. I ended up joining him and we decided since I caught a baby large mouth bass, we take some of the fish over to the pond so they dont get washed out in the creek. We kept a few creek chub and blue gill to use as bait to see if we could catch anything.

Well, we got a few good hits but didnt really catch anything. I thought my bait fish died because he wasnt pulling my bobber around anymore and as soon as I got up to reel my pole in, the bobber was gone!!!!!:biggrin: I set my hook and realized this wasnt a regular fish becuase he was tugging like a freight train. I yelled for my little brother, who was on the other side of the pond and he ran over to help me. We walked the fish 1/3 of the way around the pond in order to wear him out enough to bring him in. He pick up a tree branch along the way which he dragged with him. Then finally we pulled him in!! We didnt have a way to measure him so I laid him along my pole and marked on the pole how long he was. He was 19in long!!!! According to my brother, the record bass is 22in long so this guy was one hell of a fish!! I ended up catching another 12" bass but after the WHALE, he was not nearly as fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great day!

Attachments

• 0926101518.jpg
    0926101518.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 449
Nice fish. Bass are so much fun to catch. Did you keep it? I like to put pole up and see how high I can get them to jump. They like to spit the hook when I do it but its fun to watch. I took my son out yesterday but two little sunny is all he caught. Here is a picture of one my wife caught a couple months back. She actually caught about 12-15 in an hour and a half. They were not as big as yours but still fun. The bigger ones would spin the canoe around. Fun stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 435
Nice fish. Bass are so much fun to catch. Did you keep it? I like to put pole up and see how high I can get them to jump. They like to spit the hook when I do it but its fun to watch. I took my son out yesterday but two little sunny is all he caught. Here is a picture of one my wife caught a couple months back. She actually caught about 12-15 in an hour and a half. They were not as big as yours but still fun. The bigger ones would spin the canoe around. Fun stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Chad! Nice fish you guys got there!! No we didnt keep it, we let him go make more babies in the pond. Thhe pond had to be drudged 3 years ago so all the grand daddy fish are gone. I think this one may have been one of very few that made it in the little water that was left in there while it was being worked on. As a kid, we'd catch big bass daily but the fish just arent in it anymore. It's amazing how much those big guys will fight!!!!! And how strong they are!!!! It was a BLAST!:biggrin:

I wonder how old your fish was. We have a short growing season here in Iowa for the fish. Is it possible for it to only be three years old? It's great you let it go. Now you can bring Noah to the pond and possibly he could catch it.

I wonder how old your fish was. We have a short growing season here in Iowa for the fish. Is it possible for it to only be three years old? It's great you let it go. Now you can bring Noah to the pond and possibly he could catch it.

A 19in bass can be anywhere from 8-10 yrs old depending on environment

Nice catch! Bass fishing is one of my favorite things to do in life that I actually enjoy...

sweeet!!! Here's a hog and a trailer full from Mississippi!!!
Bass fishin rocks!!

Attachments

• Alans Pics 2670.jpg
    Alans Pics 2670.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 227
  • lottabass.jpg
    lottabass.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 238

Man, it's going to be a few years! He screamed bloody murder last time I took him with us! I'm hoping next year he's old enough to figure out the fish arent going to hurt him!! But, you never know, he might catch him in a few years! My brother was talking about trying to figure a way to mark them or tag them.

A 19in bass can be anywhere from 8-10 yrs old depending on environment

Yeah there was a small amount of water saved when the drudged it, I'm thinking this guys has to be a survivor or someone pumpud him full of steroids!

Nice fish, the record is 22 lbs 4 oz's. I used to bass fish alot, but these turbo cars took over. Here's a bass I had stuffed that was 10 lbs 8 oz's and is 24 inches long. Man I miss the late night fishing and mosquitoes.

Attachments

• P9030018.jpg
    P9030018.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 187
Nice fish, the record is 22 lbs 4 oz's. I used to bass fish alot, but these turbo cars took over. Here's a bass I had stuffed that was 10 lbs 8 oz's and is 24 inches long. Man I miss the late night fishing and mosquitoes.

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a big fish!!!!!

sweeet!!! Here's a hog and a trailer full from Mississippi!!!
Bass fishin rocks!!

Being a bass tournament fisherman that picture of all those tournament sized DEAD bass make me sick:frown: Do you have any idea how much money those fish would be worth in some tournaments:eek:

yea its hard to believe the world record is over twice that in weight

This is TIED for the record!

possible-world-record-largemouth11.jpg