Heres my Hybrid....

Like Scott said on the fuel rails but also if you run this and you have those nice aluminum block off plates you will have to grind a little off the fuel rail because it doesn't sit down nice to the front driver side injector.

Chris is talking about the EGR block off plate that removes the EGR from the manifold... There's a fitment problem when the Champion rails are installed... He had to take a little bit out of the bottom of the rail to make it sit down properly...

Here's a pic. of the champion EGR block off plate on my wife's t-type.
They are 14.00 :)

And a picture of the front and pipes I fabricated for the IC and air inlet.

~Scott

Nice mustang... Sheesh wheels up launch.. :)

Attachments

• ttypefront.JPG
    ttypefront.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 756
other picture of egr... and engine bay
86-T-Type

Attachments

• egrplate.JPG
    egrplate.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 419
  • ttypengine.JPG
    ttypengine.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 375
that is a sweet ride !!!! im doing a mustang too.. hope my car looks half as good as that when its done :biggrin: :biggrin: i tryed to post some pic's but can't seem to shrink them to fit :mad: :mad: i love the engine bay looks awsome!! mustang guys will hate my car due to its a cobra :eek: :eek:

it wont let me get them bigger where you can see them better, sorry. thought i could.

Attachments

• 16 (Custom).bmp
    89.6 KB · Views: 640
as you can see its not nearly as nice , but i still have work to do. sorry for jacking your thread

Attachments

• car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 722
VERY VERY NICE WORK! Not trying to pee you off but I see one major flaw. That intercooler welded in series is going to hamper performance. The stock intercooler had a couple of psi of pressure loss across the core. Yours will probably have twice that amount now. It would be better to weld them in parallel.

Actualy....

We had the same intercooler in the blue Camaro pictured above... It consistantly had cooler inlet temps than a 1200.00 CAS front mount that we installed in a 86 Camaro (which I own now).

Lance Ward from FAST looked at the intercoolers we had put together and said that the stock cores flowed awsome and the way we had it configured with the 3" linlet/outlet it'd be good to 750hp+.
For the 400.00 or so we have in the cooler it's exceeded our expectations.

I'm in the process of installing a single GN core with 2.5" inlet/outlets on my wife's Typhoon as a front mount.... getting rid of that junk pre-cooler that was factory.
The stock GN IC even with the 2" inlet at a 90' bend cools 350hp.

That's just our findings... maby others have not done so well with the GN IC's.....

~Scott

I also use a stock GN IC in the front of my nissan maxima.. that's running a TA49... My inlet temps are great! I lost 1psi from non IC to intercooled as I ran it Non Intercooled for a few months.

Attachments

• GNfrontmountwelded.JPG
    GNfrontmountwelded.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 640
VERY NICE poor notch!!!! Watch out for the brake booster though and the brake lines coming off the left side (looking into the engine bay) you might have valve cover clearance problems at least I did so that is why I went to manual brakes and the brake lines come off to the fender side of the car or driver side. Also watch out for down pipe clearance that is also why I cut and made my own strut towers (the part that faces in toward the engine bay).

Like Scott mentioned Turbo1dr I had two stock coolers and and decided to weld them together, I mean what do you have to loose right and I wasn't going to spend the $1,200 for a new one. So I tried it with great expectations and it cools the air 50 degrees better then the one that had been bought. Tested it with a heat gun right after a pass on both cars because I was curious on how it would work. It worked well to me so I used this same set-up on the Camaro to start with then said to myself if it worked that way on the Camaro then do it on the Stang!!! :biggrin:

thanks for the compliment.. im getting verry exited!! you cant see it verry clear but my pass side strut tower is notched out for the old down pipe set up.. was single turbo 347 im hopeing it will work?? i have an old block and trans core im gonna start mocking it up soon.. im using a power stoke ic, so im shure ill have some fun getting that in there.. what trans are you using im going with th-400??

whats done to the mtr on your set up?? my engine is at dls now 109 block with gn-1 alum heads as for the rest i left that up to dan to work his magic :wink: :cool: :wink:. im using a gt-70 with a p wheel on custom ss headers and an fast xfi that i got from joe luberant and hope to have him tune due to the fackt that im clueless :frown: :frown: tom

UR50SLO said:
Actualy....

Although I'd never do it like you done yours but I can see your point about building a cheap intercooler out of a couple of stock units as I have done the same thing in the past. Attached is the one I built for my Malibu years ago. It's run mid 6's at 107mph in the 8th mile.

not to sound like a a$$ turbo1dr but why bash his i/c?? it works he has ##'s to prove it.. he likes it. whats the big deal?? like i said im not trying to start anything but you seem to be putting him down??

poor notch said:
not to sound like a a$$ turbo1dr but why bash his i/c?? it works he has ##'s to prove it.. he likes it. whats the big deal?? like i said im not trying to start anything but you seem to be putting him down??

I'm REALLY not trying to bash his intercooler, his handy work or putting him down at all. He's done really nice work to that car and it can be seen in the photos. It's just my opinion that there's more performance to be had with them both plumbed parallel to each other than in series.

Sorry Poor Notch I don't get on much during the weekends, but the trans. is a Pon/Buick/Olds. turbo 350 with a 3,500 stall. Motor is all stock except for the cam and the turbo and injectors and J.E. pistons, the 2 center caps are billet. I ported the heads and the intake a bit and that is about it really. This motor in the Camaro went 11.50's with only 15#'s of boost, would like to get 22 PSI this year with it and get down to the mid 10's???? But we will see!!! :biggrin: