Heres my Hybrid....

BuickCamaro

Long time lurker but here is what i have been working on for a couple years on body work and the framing on it and a lot of custom things but I finally got the motor back in the car this weekend!!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 037A.JPG
    Picture 037A.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,287
  • Picture 039A.JPG
    Picture 039A.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,174
Clean setup. Who's side would you be on if you went to a Buick vs Ford race like at Noble, OK???? :biggrin:

Thanks Carl, been a long time coming but I'm ready to hear it run here soon again since the last time the motor was in the Camaro!!!! :biggrin:

nice

what trans did you use? how about a pic of the trans crossmember. that thing looks great! very nice job.

Using a Buick/Pon/Olds turbo 350 trans. with a 3,500 stall. The crossmember is something I made out of 1"X2" tube and attaches to the 2"x3" frame connectors I welded in to connect to the frame. Pretty simple really and will give me plenty of room for the exhaust to run down the side. I bought a K-Member with no motor mounts and made my own so I could set this all up and be able to move the motor back in the chassis then I cut the firewall and moved it straight back 3-1/2" to give me room to get to my tranny bolts.

In this picture you can see that, I cut the factory wall and just moved it back and added metal to the sides so it look factory still.

Attachments

• Picture 034A.JPG
    Picture 034A.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 1,014
Damn fine fab work on that firewall! The first few smaller pics don't do the car justice! Should be fun, nice light car.

Thanks Squid4life!!! Your right pics don't do it right, in person is better!!! Here are a few more pics of the beginning of the car I found for ya guys. :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC00044A.JPG
    DSC00044A.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 682
  • DSC00050A.JPG
    DSC00050A.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC00204A.JPG
    DSC00204A.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 635
  • DSC00352A.JPG
    DSC00352A.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 661
  • DSC00353A.JPG
    DSC00353A.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 629
Oh god...

I almost forgot how many Damn holes we had to weld in the engine bay.. :eek: We went through how much gas and wire again? lol..
It was all worth it... You'll have to post a pic of the sheet metal wing ;)

Been awhile since I've seen it in that stage... Glad we are almost done!

We'll do the final wire hookup and get it fired up buddy! I'm ready for this

year to be one of the best we've had in a long time...

BTW, I've got another peice of your dash here that was hidden back

by the paint booth ...

Talk to you soon

Scott~

WOW, thanks for the other fab pics! That it a hell of a lot of work, and looks fantastic! Both cars look great!

That is my old Camaro that Chris (buickcamaro) had a 434small block in then switched to the 3.8L Buick engine until a guy who'd known the Camaro since I'd/Chris had been racing it wanted to buy it as a rolling chassis.
I sold the chassis because it was the experiment for every thing we wanted to try. I hated to sell the car out from under Chris who had used it for the last several years and took very good care of it but the Chassis was getting tired. It was to the point of total revamp of suspension and re-cage or start with somthing different.

So, He needed a new body and we picked up the Mustang for 400.00 and have worked on it to bring it around to where it is now. We both have many many many hours in getting the car to the point it is now and we make a good team. Been good friends through thick and thin for years... and many more to come.
Now he's got a chassis of his own to go with the engine that makes the Camaro look like a POS.

Wasn't sure if you wanted a history lesson but there it is :)

Thanks Scott, at work so I really can't write long things but here is a pic of the $400.00 P.O.S. when we picked it up and then it went right into the garage and this is what we had to start with. :confused:

Attachments

• DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 961
Pictures worth a thousand words some times isn't it :D

~Scott

I'd almost forgotten how ugly it was when we started... yikes!

The fuel rails were purchased from Champion Racing Heads out of Florida.

They offer them with the stock fuel pressure regulator setup or with remote

FPR like we are using on the Mustang. Came with the line shown in the

picture that connects the rear rails together and all front fittings to hook up

to -6 or -8 We need to buy one more fitting because our feed is -10.

Hope that helps,

Scott~