Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

image.jpg
View attachment 237654 Just got it in its place in the garage. This feels right again. Looking at the car in my garage feels like a hole in my heart has been healed. Thanks again and again.

Okay, I am not one to speak in front of a bunch of people much less on a subject this touchy when it comes to emotions so needless to say I was pretty much speechless when it came down to this unveiling. Clay's mother ( In Paw print on back of shirt) just brought me to tears every time she came around me but they were good tears!

In the time leading up to this unveil I was super busy trying to line all this up and do a speech over the loud speakers at the track, driving through the whole place telling people when it was going to happen and in this time I forgot a few people and things to mention but most everyone evolved know by now who is who when it comes down to making this happen and my "PHOENIX" build thread will have everything in great detail on who did what and which vendors donated what...

Here is the Unveil....... ( Courtesy of Mike Casteel )

Hood.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Clay!! Enjoy the Phoenix! And awesome job to Coach, Scot and everyone involved. Like said before, this is the best example ever of why the Turbo Buick community is the tightest and best group of car guys anywhere. Glad it came together! Sorry I couldn't be there!

Clay... congratulations!! When a person takes another person to court, the idea is to make the damaged person whole. Here, the Buick community stepped up and made you whole (and even better) without one lawyer involved. :)

It sounds like these past few years have been real roller coaster in your life. Knowing what an awesome and fun person you are, I think it's the best thing anybody could wish for is for you to have your car back. Back to your fun, life-loving, funny self with a SWEET and NASTY ride!

Again, congrats to you. And congrats to the entire community for pulling off this feat! Vendors involved with this project, you can depend on my patronage (finances pending) for supporting this venture.

Thanks again everyone. I'm calling Shawn tomorrow to get his take on how I should go about completing his work. I sat in a folding chair in my garage and just looked at it. Amazing.

Chris that's a great thing to patronize the vendors that supported this project. Thank you for doing that. Hope to see you in Bowling Green in the future. We had a ton of fun this year.:D

That smile is worth a thousand words.

Great job guys.

Congratulations Clay.

D

Car came to me with the fiberglass bumpers on but the reinforcements hadn't been installed. Well it is just after midnight and I just finished putting the reinforcements in. I drove my original with just the fiberglass bumpers and it made me a nervous wreck. Glad to have to metal backing them this time. Just a little update. Goodnight.

Oh and I have to add that since everything is SO nice on the car I couldn't just put regular old ugly reinforcements in....so I painted them...yes, the reinforcements are painted cast coat alum.

Wasn't your reinforcements aluminum? Just curious why you would need/want to paint them cast coat aluminum.

I read somewhere one time that they made 2 types of bumper reinforcements for our turbo regals. One was made of a heavy weight cast iron/steel and the other was made of light weight aluminum. A big difference in weight between the two.

Just seems the aluminum reinforcements would be a better match for the fiberglass bumpers since they both are designed to save weight. And the light weight aluminum bumper mounting supports instead of the heavy factory mounting supports.

Last edited:
Car came to me with the fiberglass bumpers on but the reinforcements hadn't been installed. Well it is just after midnight and I just finished putting the reinforcements in. I drove my original with just the fiberglass bumpers and it made me a nervous wreck. Glad to have to metal backing them this time. Just a little update. Goodnight.

Oh and I have to add that since everything is SO nice on the car I couldn't just put regular old ugly reinforcements in....so I painted them...yes, the reinforcements are painted cast coat alum.

Come on man...we need pics!!! Hahahaha.
Sorry to drop off yesterday when we were talking, but the phone went dead...:dead:

Wasn't your reinforcements aluminum? Just curious why you would need/want to paint them cast coat aluminum.

I read somewhere one time that they made 2 types of bumper reinforcements for our turbo regals. One was made of a heavy weight cast iron/steel and the other was made of light weight aluminum. A big difference in weight between the two.

Just seems the aluminum reinforcements would be a better match for the fiberglass bumpers since they both are designed to save weight. And the light weight aluminum bumper mounting supports instead of the heavy factory mounting supports.

Yes they are aluminum. I painted them because they weren't pretty. [British Accent] They had marks and scuffs and stuff from being mounted before and that just was unacceptable. Now where is my Grey Poupon? [/British Accent]
OK Coach I'll get pics of the painted bumper reinforcements. Next step is the gas tank.

OK so after painting the bumper reinforcements I kind of felt like I still wasn't doing good enough. Everyone has done such an amazing job at doing everything the best way possible so I had to buy an O'CONNORRIZER. That's right now YOU TOO can feel like Shawn O'Connor!!!:cool:
image3 (1a).jpg

So I equipped my premixed base-coat / clear-coat all in one paint with the O'CONNORRIIZER.
image2 (1).JPG

And I started Shawn O'Connoring my gas tank. Just the first coat on the bottom done. It'll get a second coat tomorrow.
image1 (1).JPG

Just wait till you see it finished, wet sanded and buffed!!!

Awesome job Coach and Scot.:) You guys are the REAL DEAL! Glad you finally got your car back Clay.