Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

Awesome job Coach and Scot.:) You guys are the REAL DEAL! Glad you finally got your car back Clay.
Thank you,
The Awesome job was Shawn. There is no way it gets as nice as it is without him. He coulda finished the entire car...as driver quality...but instead chose to detail the chassis so Clay would never have to do any work under the car at all.

The only exception is the fuel tank. We were unaware that is was punctured/ dented until it was removed to get prepped to paint and finish. When the car was removed from the location of the fire...:rolleyes: it was dragged up on a trailer. The fire had burnt the rubber inside the exhaust mounts and the tires were flat. The tailpipes were hanging and the passenger side caught when being dragged backwards, and folded under. It folded and dented/punctured the tank.:mad: We were removing items...as needed...off the burnt car, so we did not have enough time to get a different tank.:mad:

Clay basically has a completely restored car that needs finished off. He can take his time, and as he feels like it, he can finish off the missing items to his liking. He can remove and tweak anything that was done and make it his own. There are so many more items that were donated that are not in any of the pics yet, like a new chrome Turbo 6 battery cover, gauge pods...etc
Clay has a pile of parts to keep working on. He will not get board...lol

Thanks for all the support.

Yeah Coach you are right, I won't be board. :) After talking to Shawn I couldn't accept my paint job on the gas tank. His plan was to base coat / clear coat it. So I've been wire brushing it to bare metal and I will put the best paint job I can on it. I'll put up pics when I get a new coat of paint on it. I also have a set of new straps and insulators coming for the tank.

image.jpg
Gas tank stripped to bare metal ready for paint. I need to research what will be resistant to minor drips of gasoline. ...and what is that rectangular thing stuck on the tank...I would love to remove but not knowing what it is means not knowing what it's for. Can this be removed without condemning the tank to doom and peril?

Clay. That is just a piece of sound deadening material to keep resonation from happening from the fuel pump. Just replace it with a piece of dynomat or whatever. I used undercoat on my fuel tank and am happy. It is subtle and does not stick out.

Thanks BuickMike. Its off. Painting tomorrow. Talked to Shawn O'Connor and he recommended that I clear coat whatever I use so thats the plan.

I'm glad this all worked out for you. This forum is the best! Wish I could have been there to see the revel. Have fun with it.

I've been away from this forum for a cpl years due to serious health stuff and am now back and am amazed at this story. I mean Wendy (the red headed step child from the burger place, right?) Burnt a car (just like they do to hamburgers) and this great community steps up and helps a guy out. Sorry I missed out on all the fun. Geese......I woulda at least donated a can of Krylon. Now I feel bad.

Clay, glad to see folks helping out someone who has made me laugh many many times. Pm me your number and I'll call you. I'll be on my back after another surgery so I could use some entertainment.:dead:

Ken!! Good seeing you around here man. Do not send Krylon. This project demands only the best. So send Duplicolor LOL. Duplicolor uses BILLET cast iron rattles in their cans. Sending you that pm.

Tank is in! I had a little installation rash so I did a paint touch up. Can't tell in the pics but I'll let the light of the Sun let me know if I have to remove and repaint. It got rash because I initially attempted to install it without using ratcheting straps to hold it in place. I've done this numerous times but this time I had new stainless tank straps so they haven't been formed to the tank and crap got interesting and entertaining as I was inventing new cuss words trying to get the straps in place while holding the tank.
image2 (3).JPG

Those ss straps are not fun. Love that diff cover!

Those ss straps are not fun. Love that diff cover!
Looks like a serious car from the diff cover, susp alone, def not a sleeper lol.

Thanks guys. Coach did an awesome job on that cover. He did an awesome job on everything. The cover is one of my favorite parts. I'm doing a rear brake job right now and I find myself peeking at the cover between steps LOL. I have some aluminum drums that are finally making their way onto my car after having them for over 10 years LOL. The gas tank shows no sign of rash. Yipee. Next step is I'm putting an altenator on so that I can finish installing the fuel pump hotwire kit and then the battery and new battery cables.