Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

I still stalk these pages some even though I don't talk a lot anymore on here but wanted to say good job guys.

I spent all day in Pittsburgh yesterday. The car is getting there, but there will be things unfinished. We simply did not get the items we needed. Clay has been kept up to date with all the moves, but I have to say...the car is beautiful. It's Tuesday and we are still waiting on parts. There may be things to do at the show when the car gets there on Thursday. If you feel like checking in, and seeing what may need done...please do so.
Please do not picture and unfinished car, because the things that need finished are just small trinket items.
I wish I could post pics, but not gonna happen.

We are almost there....

ATTN Guy's!

Coach & Shawn have decided instead of doing a board with everyone's name on it that people signing the old hood with a new Vinyl wrap on it that say's "Phoenix" would be cooler to hang in his garage so If you donated to the build of Clay's new "PHOENIX" car, Please stop by the GNS tent to sign the old hood that was burnt so Clay has something cool to hang in his garage...

ATTN Guy's!

Coach & Shawn have decided instead of doing a board with everyone's name on it that people signing the old hood with a new Vinyl wrap on it that say's "Phoenix" would be cooler to hang in his garage so If you donated to the build of Clay's new "PHOENIX" car, Please stop by the GNS tent to sign the old hood that was burnt so Clay has something cool to hang in his garage...
Yes, please do so. The car is receiving a new Hartline fiberglass hood, but it will not be at Bowling Green. We did not want to waste paint on the other hood, so I thought of some other cars I have seen for charities and the donators sign the car.
ScotW will have a few paint markers or Sharpies so you can write a little note to Clay.

On a separate note...We simply do not have the time we need to restore the GNX rims that Clay has. I really tried to get new tires donated for the car, but every option I tried failed. The last 2 rims that Clay sent were in boxes until last week and we did not know they were gold, not black. We simply do not have the time to do them properly. We have brand new lug nuts and black covers, new center caps and GNX medallions waiting for when the rims are finished.
This has been a complete frame off restoration done in a 3 1/2 week period. Shawn has taken 3 weeks off of his own business to work on this car, and I have made 4 trips to Pittsburgh to help in that time.

If there is a member who would like to restore the rims for us...please let us know and they can be picked up in BG.
I feel bad about this last minute detail, but the car deserves a set of mint rims. The car is awesome. You guys will be very proud....

Coach I heard back from Clay today and we are all set on what he needs for a cold air kit and inlet pipe. Doing a polished setup for him from turbo to air filter and shipping directly to him. Will go out in about a week.

Coach I heard back from Clay today and we are all set on what he needs for a cold air kit and inlet pipe. Doing a polished setup for him from turbo to air filter and shipping directly to him. Will go out in about a week.
Yes...he spoke to me last night on the phone while I was driving home from Pittsburgh. He is receiving a new FAST so he will not have a MAF, and that is what was in doubt and the reason we could not answer your question earlier.

Thank you

OK...I got pics at 4:30 this morning of the car looking very very good. It is on it's way to the show. I believe Shawn did almost a full 24 hours straight yesterday to get it finished and has gone to bed. I have not heard from him. He has done the impossible and built a frame off car in 3 weeks...mostly by himself.
We will post up the entire build and what was involved during the 3 weeks, and you all will be impressed with his efforts.
I encourage all who are at BG to go to the GNS tent and see what details might need finished. I personally do not have any idea of how complete they were able to get the car this morning.
I do know that Shawn's truck is broke and board member PDZZ is delivering the car to Scot at the track. Shawn has had no more then 4 hours of sleep over the last 4 days and I cannot say he will even make the show.
I have a rather serious family issue I am dealing with and have informed all involved that I will not make it. I really wish I could, but it is not in the cards. Several members have known for a few weeks that I must turn my attention to my fathers health and it will dominate my time for quite a while.

I hope all who see the car are impressed with what we built using very little cash and lots of donated parts.

You guys are great
Coach

You guys are the great ones! That’s quite an accomplishment.

Wishing all the best with your father.

D

Revised statement...the car did not leave until about 10 this morning. It should arrive in BG about 7 ish. I will need detailed because it is not in the enclosed trailer. I thought it was, but I was wrong.
Please look up Scot and help if you can.

Hello everyone,
I was just informed that the car did not receive the vinyl hood wrap that was to be used to write on for Clay. I am not aware of the details as to why it was not done, but I want to post up so all were aware before the car was given away.
I also need to let everyone know that the car is still needing items for completion. Any item missing on the car was either not finished or we simply did not receive one to install. I replied to every member who said they had parts and some helped out big time, and some never got back in touch. We were expecting items right up to yesterday.
To anyone that is actually there and will see the car, please know that we picked a deadline and donated as much time and energy to the assembly as was possible. There are still small items needed, and I just found out that the gas tank leaked and was not installed.
I feel bad that I am not there to explain in person, but I have a consultation with my fathers DAV rep and I could not get the time away from work to come. The car will be given away in 1 hour from this post.
We can make another run at getting parts sent to Clay to help him finish off this car, if he is up to it, but we simply ran out of time. I hope none are disappointed with our efforts.
I am trying to keep everyone up to date with as much info as I can on why and why not, certain things are how they are.

Remember this...the car was a bare frame on Sept 26th and is now a 95% complete car. Shawn really needed 2-3 more days, but at the end...he could not really stay awake.

Thank you all.

I hope none are disappointed with our efforts.

I could not even conceive that would be possible !!
The efforts you, Scot, Shawn, and everyone else involved have put into this project have been monumental !! You should All be deservedly Proud !!

All your guys efforts have been astounding! You all should be very proud of what you have accomplished! Very few people can say they have done what you all done! Wishing i could have seen the car in person.

OK Guys,
Clay has taken ownership of his new car. I talked to him on the phone and he was looking at so many things...he could not focus to say much.
Now I can post up a few more pics of the car.
This was the frame on Sept 26th...3 weeks ago.
IMG_6039.jpg

This is what left for Bowling Green yesterday morning at 10 a.m.
IMG_5170.jpg
IMG_1290.jpg
IMG_2285.jpg

Its great to see the results and a big smile!!! ............. and the sun is out in BG !!! :)