Help me unblock a 4th accumulator

INEEDAGN

Seen Your Member
short version. Building a trans for a guy, brf core he brought me has a checkball driven into the 4th accumulator passage. The more I think about it, I don't think I want to run it that way. So I'm facing the choice of drilling a passage around it and leaving it or drilling tiny holes around it in hopes of dislodging it. If I drill a bypass passage, what's the smallest hole that will restore at least some accumulator function? Passage will be about an inch or so long. I've seen (and done) orificing the 2nd accumulator so it oughta work similar.

What's my odds of dislodging it with any other method?

Worst case scenario (no pun intended), I DO have other cores here and if I ruin the case I'm not totally f*#ked.

image.jpg

I'd try to drill next to it and get a small screw driver in with another for a fulcrum and pry up. Then another hole and two drivers prying if one didn't work.

Use a small carbide and go around it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I didn't have another case to fall back on, i wouldn't touch it. But I'd like this trans to be right. 4th is gonna be annoying especially if the converter locks first.

Got it! Got that mother father!

Used what I thought was a cheap 1/16 drill bit and made approximately 3 million circles around it and finally got to where I could pop it out. Only broke the bit once and then it basically became an end mill and started cutting like a mofo.