New to me 82 GN project basket case

Got a about 55-60% of the frame wire wheeled yesterday before I cooked my cheap grinder. Will pick up another one today probably and maybe continue working on it this evening. Also stripped the clear coat off the wheels but they have some corrosion that needs to be addressed. I’m going to see about getting some quotes on getting them refinished and or possibly polishing them myself undecided what I’m going to do at this point.

Y'all be movin right along, looking good. I have a set of 2006 sierra aluminum rims I'm working on, have 3 done. They needed work since they had been through some winters. Got them blasted for $100 and started polishing the rim and spokes using a drill and 80-320 discs and by hand with the 400-800 with some WD-40. Than some Mother's polish with the drill bonnet. Has a pretty nice shine and will probably just use some etching gray primer to do the small area between the spokes. About 3 hours work per wheel.
Getting them done at the refinisher was $500, not a bad price but I wanted to try it myself.

Y'all be movin right along, looking good. I have a set of 2006 sierra aluminum rims I'm working on, have 3 done. They needed work since they had been through some winters. Got them blasted for $100 and started polishing the rim and spokes using a drill and 80-320 discs and by hand with the 400-800 with some WD-40. Than some Mother's polish with the drill bonnet. Has a pretty nice shine and will probably just use some etching gray primer to do the small area between the spokes. About 3 hours work per wheel.
Getting them done at the refinisher was $500, not a bad price but I wanted to try it myself.

That’s not a bad price if they were going to do all 4. I’m waiting to hear back on my first quote today. Would like to keep the machine finish. I stripped the clear on my Typhoon wheels and kept the machine finish, I just keep them polished really well. Was really hoping the corrosion wasn’t bad but I guess being in Ohio didn’t help them.

That’s not a bad price if they were going to do all 4. I’m waiting to hear back on my first quote today. Would like to keep the machine finish. I stripped the clear on my Typhoon wheels and kept the machine finish, I just keep them polished really well. Was really hoping the corrosion wasn’t bad but I guess being in Ohio didn’t help them.

That 5 bills was for all 4 wheels. Yeah, I'm just polishing the machined surface and they're pretty flat on these wheels so not a lot of tight spaces to get into.

That 5 bills was for all 4 wheels. Yeah, I'm just polishing the machined surface and they're pretty flat on these wheels so not a lot of tight spaces to get into.

I got my first quote back today 250 for each wheel. I’ve got to strip the clear on my Tahoe wheels but they’ll polish up easy as they aren’t corroded.

I got my first quote back today 250 for each wheel. I’ve got to strip the clear on my Tahoe wheels but they’ll polish up easy as they aren’t corroded.

Twice as much and they don't look that complicated either, maybe its just location and they can get more. The aircraft stripper does a pretty decent job with a power wash but here in the communist state of ny they did away with letting us have it and the crap now is just that, crap. A finer brass brush on a drill does ok for the machined surface, the steel ones can leave bits in the aluminum sometimes and rust.