HEADERS on Sale!

YES BUT WHY IS HE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE CROSSOVER. ARE YOU TELLING ME IT DOESNT

Jeez, why you yelling at me??? Maybe he needs to let us know. On my own GN the trans lines were a little close to my crossover but just moved them over a bit. As far as confirming what other downpipes fit, not my job. We offer downpipes that WILL fit and someone has already posted that it will work with the G-body one.

Someone asked about lag so I though I'd add my $0.02. You said these were based on the old Kenne Bell headers. I think the ATR ones were too (or vice versa), since they look just like these, and I'm pretty sure the ATR's have 1.5" tubes like yours. Those definitely hurt spoolup compared to stock headers, but had the potential to more than make it back on the big end. Way back on the old gnntype list a few people commented that you had to be in the mid 11's before they were a net win. I noticed an extra half to one second or so of lag when I installed ATR headers on an otherwise stock car. Just flooring it from a dead stop it added about a car length before the boost came up. Never went back to stock headers and now that I'm in the very low 12's usually, with a looser converter and 67 turbo, the lag isn't an issue :).

dp303 and dp301 atr pipes will work with these headers, confirmed. BTW, I didn't notice any lag with these when I switched to them.

Guys thanks for all the input and I'm sure Mark dosen't have ALL the different down pipes to try. He is simple telling us what he knows works and that's ALL he can do. Just for reference I have a THDP (internal gate)for stock headers that I bought like 10 years ago. So far I have had it installed with the stock headers, a set of Burrhead headers and now with a set of TA headers and it has fit ALL these excellent with NO issues at all. By the way Mark your's look great with the nice port work already done.

yeah I have my kenne bell headers here and they look 100% identical to those sso I would say anything kbs work with these will as they are pretty much the same thing:eek:

Maybe he needs to let us know.

Sorry, been away from the computer all weekend.

I don't think the problem is with the trans lines, I've bent them out of the way for now, but as a more permanent solution i'm going to replace them with braided lines which I can route away from the crossover.

I think my interference is coming from the G-body downpipe. The downpipe is actually touching the crossover where it gets tight near the firewall on the passenger side. I think there is enough room to make it work though, So i'm going to massage it a bit and see.

I'm going to take the downpipe right off the car and see if the headers line up. If they do we know its the downpipe. The car is put away for the winter so that won't happen until the spring.

Sorry, been away from the computer all weekend.

I don't think the problem is with the trans lines, I've bent them out of the way for now, but as a more permanent solution i'm going to replace them with braided lines which I can route away from the crossover.

I think my interference is coming from the G-body downpipe. The downpipe is actually touching the crossover where it gets tight near the firewall on the passenger side. I think there is enough room to make it work though, So i'm going to massage it a bit and see.

I'm going to take the downpipe right off the car and see if the headers line up. If they do we know its the downpipe. The car is put away for the winter so that won't happen until the spring.
did you put a gasket on the downpipe at the turbo you maybe able to sqeek out a little clearance

These look like well made headers. How about plug access on the passenger side? I know it was a PITA with the ATRs.

Mark-

Just out of curiosity, what grade stainless steel are they? These look really well made especially if they are being farmed out over seas. I may just have to try a set....:rolleyes:

Nice

Wow! Those actually look nicer than my Kenne Bell headers. These have a positive engagment constructed into the pipes that connect to each other where the V band clamps go. The Kenne Bell headers do not have this feature. I wish they did it would make them easier to install.

headers

How flat is the 7/16 flange, and has anyone run these on a low ten high 9 sec car, I had to mill a set of atr headers, due to they were not flat either.