HEADERS on Sale!

Those are a deal. They look nicer than the Kenne Bell's, and way nicer than the ATR's. I've run mid nines on the Kenne Bells FWIW and have no doubt that they will go as fast as I ever will want my 109 to ever go. I will no doubt get a set of these to adapt to 4 bolt when I am ready.

So i am assuming that they are not available in 4 bolt.

Would it simply be a matter of cutting off the 3 bolt flange and wleding on a 4 bolt flange, or is it more complicated than that (flow wise that is)

There are 3 to 4 bolt adapters. I used to use one for a 4 bolt T-70 on 3 bolt Hooker headers. You may want to check with the vendors that support TB.com to see if any of them have any adapters in stock.

Adapters are for B$@#h's :)

Real men fabricate!

Adrian

I realize you were probably joking but...

Adapters are for people who are looking to step up to a 4 bolt turbo and either don't want to hack up their perfectly good current set of 3 bolt headers by converting them to 4 bolt or don't see the need to spend the money on dropping the coin on a new set of 4 bolt headers. The adapter also gives you the flexibility to change back and forth from 3 to 4 bolt whenever the need or desire arises. Let's face it, turbo technology changes almost as fast as computer technology. It's nice to be able to adapt the new technology to our cars (be it 3 or 4 bolt) without having to swap or chop and reweld an otherwise perfectly good set of headers simply by slipping an adapter under the new turbo. Of course, you can still go ahead and start fabbing away at your headers if you like. While you're chopping and welding, I'll be racing because it only took me 30 minutes to go from a 3 to 4 bolt turbo thanks to the adapter.;)

My 3 to 4 bolt adapter has saved me a lot of time and money over the years, both of which are very precious to me!

turbonatr my comment was not ment to offend anyone. In my particular case, i cannot afford the extra height that will occur with a adapter. My 4" inlet will be bumping up against my 3" charge pipe, so i am going to have to cut things up in order to make them work.

I do realize the simplisity and quick interchangability between the two.

karolko,

FWIW, the last adapter I used added less than 1/4" of height to the turbo. At the time I had a 5" MAF pipe and 3" intercooler pipes. The added height from the adapter did not interfere with anything.