Header Wrap on Stainless Headers?

joe_schindler

Living better with carbon
Has anyone tried using header wrap on stainless headers? I was planning to do the headers and downpipe.

I have used it on carbon steel with good results; but never on stainless; and never with a turbocharged engine.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

I've got it on my stainless DP only. It will discolor it so it will not look nice if you ever decide to remove it.
I would not do the headers, they get much hotter than a NA motors headers and will surely catch fire if there only oil drips that just may happen to appear from a valve cover. I would strongly not recommend it.

Hey I just noticed your in Benbrook, I'm over in Lake Worth. Are you familar with the LSPBC...DFW Buick Club..we just had a meeting yesterday evening. We'll have a 10 car display at the Dallas Autorama next month.

I would not do it. I wrapped the ATR headers on my wife's car and they seem thinner now. Granted they were wrapped for 10 years. Finally cracked. Back to stock for now.

Stainless steel is a much better insulator than mild steel so header wrap
is not real beneficial for SS exhaust. I use it on my 3" down pipe to protect the heater box...DP is VERY close to heater box.
Conrad