Header tubing question

Turbo F-bird

A while ago I bought a set of Kenne Bell headers off a friend who bought them new in 1991 but never used them. Unfortunately, they were an early KB design and were very similar to the Hooker type that I've read a lot of bad things about. So being a creative guy I cut them up and welded them back together to mimic the later KB's/ATR's and TA designs. My question is that while the header tubes are the same size as the stock headers the main "log" is larger (2" for stock, 2 3/8" for these) should I be worried about slowing the velocity down a little? My gut tells me it won't make a noticeable difference but I was wondering if anyone has any actual experience with something like this? I'm swapping to aluminum heads right now so since it's all apart now's the time to put them on. I know the thing to do is to try it with the old ones then switch to the new ones but I don't have a ton of time to kill these days so I was looking for some input from someone who's been over this road.

Awesome, thanks guys! Here's a pic of them in case you're interested.

Before;
attachment.php

After;
attachment.php

Son of gun. Try that again....

Attachments

• wagon custom headers 2.jpg
    wagon custom headers 2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_0294.jpg
    100_0294.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 61
You're doing the same thing I am but mine's HA. The only difference is that mine is getting the drivers side shortened about 3" so I can do some experimenting with the cross over tube.