HAVING ISSUES

I think my RPM and Boost might be off,but for some reason the boost tack light sit on zero when not moving and go's up between 0-2. Then when i get on it seems like its not boosting well. wondering how you can tell if waste gate solenoid is good. I am also wondering how to tell if coil packs good.

first, I can say 100% your boost/tach display is shot. It's an age thing. They just don't work right anymore.

With the rest of the stuff.... odds are your wastegate solenoid is good otherwise you'd be asking 'what head gaskets are the best'.

good to hear.car seems weak don't know what could be the problem. do you know how to test coil pack? I'm gonna change plugs, wires, and fuelfilter tomorrow. hopefully that will help with the throttle response.

Save your money. Set your TPS, IAC and validate your fuel pressure first unless the car needs those items. What plugs are you planning to use? It does matter.

If you do change the plug wires, don't use off the shelf Auto Zone, Pep Boys brands. Use a good name brand, or buy a set from Kirbans. If you have ever Ohmed out the AZ/PB wires, they really suck. AC Delco CR43TS is a good plug, as well as NGK UR5 if I remember correctly. Testing the coil pack is pretty simple, you just use a multimeter to (check resistance) ohm across the towers from one side to the other. Should be less than 12.5kOhms if I remember that as well. Of course, it is early and I haven't had coffee, so you might want to search and confirm...

i bought some 10.4mm Taylor plug wires from summit. I also have the AC DELCO plugs. I took it to get smoked if failed idle to high and they think erg isn't working right. gonna take my scan master out of my Gn tonight and check TPS. I have stock fuel pressure reg gonna get acufab asap.