Have you ever bought parts from GM and got used parts?

NASSTY

I didn't think so....I bought some parts from the parts forum here on turbobuick.com that were advertised as brand new.When they came it didn't take an expert in forensic science to see that they were used.They were not in GM packaging which would be alright if they were just opened for inspection and not used. They are scratched,chipped,faded and have primer overspray and black paint overspray on them.I have 17 year old ones on my 86 GN in better shape than these.
I emailed the seller a couple times inquiring about them .He swears that is how he got them from GM.Yeah right. :rolleyes: Oh well,I'll look at it as a $100 donation to someone needy enough to decieve other board members. :mad:

Originally posted by BlownZ
Where are you from in Maine. I grew up there.
I am about a half hour from Auburn.A little hick town ,population about 3k.

Below is the thread that started it all.I didn't try to snag them out from under NEWCHAPTER he was the one originally looking for the parts,I pm'd the guy selling the parts and said if they were still available I'd take them and he said they were.Now I know why he didn't want to show pics to NEWCHAPTER. I'm not the only one who felt I got screwed on the deal.Besides not knowing the difference between new and used the seller seems like a nice guy.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105083&highlight=side+marker

Originally posted by 2NASSTYBUICKS
I am about a half hour from Auburn.A little hick town ,population about 3k.

I grew up in a small town outside of Bangor. Lived in Portland for 5-6 years too before moving on. Got snow yet?

49-blues
I had the stuff when i replyed,they were brand new ,really didnt require needing pics

as you can see the WERE brand new... about 18 years ago :D
hopefully you get this settled and get some good lights!

this happened to me also, i bought a center console, front turn lights and bezels... i got them from Bob Hebert off of gnttype.org and they looked like garbage... noone to trust nowadays

Originally posted by BlownZ
I grew up in a small town outside of Bangor. Lived in Portland for 5-6 years too before moving on. Got snow yet?
Thank God no.Still driving my 86 GN.Until we do get snow and they sand and salt the roads.I usually have the Buicks put away by now. :cool:

pics are worth a thousand words .. be curious what new ones are worth 5 years from now

2NASSTYBUICKS, I dont know if this will help you but I can still get some new side markers for you. I should have offered these to you when I saw your post over in the parts wanted thread. The right side one is no problem as there are still a bunch of black ones available. The left side is a little tricky( I'm not going to BS you on this!) as new ones have be discontinued for about 3 months now and I have purchased any that were left in dealers inventories, but I can get a standard one from an 84 Regal that was painted silver where it would normally be chrome or black and all you would have to do is paint over the silver portion. Its a lot easier than painting over the chrome and you still get a nice new clean and clear lens on your car. They would run you, or any body else who would like them , $60.00 plus about $5 or $6 shipping. Please e-mail to me at turbofish38@hotmail.com
I've noticed that some people posting have a hard time comprehending what a post actually ask for. I clearly remember you saying,more than once, that they needed to be NEW. Oh, and one more thing, these are parts that have been warehoused for 15 years and made with worn out tooling so please dont expect perfection, I will supply you with the best NEW OEM parts I can find. Thanks Eric Fisher

actually yes I have bought a part from gm that was used

I bought a new timing cover from them and got it home and noticed first some marking where the cam button rides on the cover then I flipped it and seen marks in the oil pump housing and a lil oil residue in the passages..

took it back and got another one

but that dont sound like your situation

2 nastybuicks-you have a very overactive imagination-there were never any screws ever put in them and were taken right out of the gm packages by me , let alone have any bugs in them. just give me some truth and stop smoking crack! If you didnt start spreading lies i would have gladly taken them back. I ve dealt with over a hundred dealings here and never a disgruntled customer- GET REAL ! If you found any bugs in your marker lights -it must be because they re the ones you had on your car. just to inform you if i am ever selling anything and you inquire about it you are banned from purchasing from me-you are officially on my " Do Not Sell To List ".

Originally posted by 49-blues
2 nastybuicks-you have a very overactive imagination-there were never any screws ever put in them and were taken right out of the gm packages by me , let alone have any bugs in them. just give me some truth and stop smoking crack! If you didnt start spreading lies i would have gladly taken them back. I ve dealt with over a hundred dealings here and never a disgruntled customer- GET REAL ! If you found any bugs in your marker lights -it must be because they re the ones you had on your car. just to inform you if i am ever selling anything and you inquire about it you are banned from purchasing from me-you are officially on my " Do Not Sell To List ".

Blues.....Why would he lie? What does he have to gain? If he got lenses that were new then he has no reason to complain about anything.

After your smart aleck response I am sure that you are on several peoples "Do Not Buy From List" too.

Originally posted by 49-blues
Don't worry,after getting used junk advertised as brand new why would I buy from you again anyway?I emailed you twice before I started spreading lies :rolleyes: and got no offer of any kind to take them back or do anything about it.Maybe you didn't put them on your car but how did they get all scratched up from just opening the packages.They must of sat on a shelf somewhere where they got scratched,chipped and overspray on them and yes there is still dead bugs in them.And comparing them to the brand new ones I have here the bright amber lens is faded to a dull yellowish orange,as most old ones are.Originally when I started this thread it wasn't even to make you look bad.I did't plan on mentioning your name, but enquiring minds wanted to know who I dealt with.No biggy I'll consider it a $100 donation to charity and a lesson learned.I might be able to sell them for $50.It's not like I'm going to haunt you forever I don't hold grudges.I just learn from my mistakes.

Bull****!Send them back to me and if they re the same ones i sent you - i ll refund your money, if not you ll get them back!

Since you brought up the screw holes.I compared them to a brand new set I have here.The screw holes on a brand new one has a hole but no thread marks in the hole.The brand new :rolleyes: ones I got from you have threads in the holes where THEY DID HAVE SCREWS IN THEM .Whatever,enjoy your $100.You must need it more then I do.

Take some close up digital pictures.

Get his approval IN ADVANCE in writing to send the ones in the pics. back for a full refund.

Then post the results of the deal.

Should make both parties happier in the long run.

Hope it works out.